Sports

Comments

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 7, 2011 9:23 p.m.

A1994 | 12:04 a.m. Nov. 6, 2011
    Centerville, UT
    "@Craig Frantz, MiP, &Jenny83

They are 2-7. And I didn't realize Utah fans were keeping track of college football's top 53. I mean, it's nice they won. I just don't think it's that big a deal. They beat a team that doesn't typically win."

In a season of averageness, this win is marked in the "good: column, regardless of Arizona's record. Sure, it's not as big a deal as the BYU game for sure, but the reasons for the glee is several fold:

1) It was a convincing road performance in the PAC-12. As the newbie, and with many pundits claiming they couldn't win, the Utes pulled of a complete package win.
    2) Arizona was favored, therefore it was a minor upset/pleasant surprise.
    3) It made Dick Harmon wrong with his Ute prediction, for the second straight week ( I was also wrong, which I'm happy to admit).
    4) It gets Utah back over 0.500 and within one game of bowl eligibilty.
    5) Division II QB knocks off one of the top passers in the country.

• nosaerfoecioveht NSL, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 10:02 a.m.

CougFaninTX | 6:10 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    Frisco, TX

"Washington State is a 50/50 game and will determine whether the Utes finish the regular season with a winning record or go to a bowl game as an undeserving 6-6 team."

Don't your fans always brag about a "national championship" you won by beating an undeserving 6-6 team?

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 2:11 a.m.

morganh | 9:36 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    Orem, Utah

--------

That's nice.

If ESPN had any say whatsoever in picking the BCS participants, that would be something.

Too bad, for your sake, that ESPN has no say whatsoever.

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 2:05 a.m.

CougFaninTX | 6:10 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    Frisco, TX

--------

Like the lifeless Kitty squad from 2010?

You would know I guess.

Wouldn't you?

Nov. 6, 2011 7:39 p.m.

Yes Ticky, my mission is to comment on Utah! Wow, that's what you got out of that? You also live a rich fulfilling life as you are on the same blog I am. It's so much fun getting under Ute fans skins...now I am beginning to understand Chrissy B and Hedgehog.

• Don't Feed the Trolls Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 6:42 p.m.

@Chris B

Let me get this straight. You were AT the game, IN Arizona in the winter when there is snow on the ground here in Utah, and instead of watching the game or cheering or hugging a girlfriend your fat little fingers were poking away on your Blackberry Curve -- and talking about BYU no less.

You need therapy, dude. Start a "Therapy for Chris B" fund at a local bank. We will all chip in.

• Ernest T. Bass Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 5:49 p.m.

Interdependence is way much better than pac. At least we can win are interdependence games.

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 3:37 p.m.

"By the way you could win the rest of your games and the only victory you will have over a Division 1 team with a winning record is.......BYU"

Not true. UCLA and Pitt both have realistic chances at a winning season. Also FCS is still D-I, and Montana State has already secured a winning season. BYU has not secured a winning season yet, so it's still to early to say that.

• Ticky Burden salt lake city, ut
    Nov. 6, 2011 3:19 p.m.

So Disgruntled .. If I understand you and your mission , you reside in Nephi and you get on a Utah football blog to comment after the Utes win a PAC-12 road game. ( I won't mention 54-10). You, sir, live a rich and fulfilling life and I know I, for one, am envious. Good luck next week against Idaho or the Colorado School of Nursing or whomever you play next.

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 2:26 p.m.

@disgruntled how bout you go back and read it again cause the whole thing you were saying is osu is the only team utah could beat. well look again bro utah beat ua. so 2 pac wins to byu's 0 wins over .500 teams and i'd definitely rather play the bottom of pac teams than ANY wac team every week

• gdog3finally West Jordan, Utah
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:57 p.m.

I am a Ute fan that wishes Chris B would stop posting 99% of what he posts. Free speech is fine Chris. You have your place. That said, are you annoying just to get attention. Give yourself and all of us a break please.

Nov. 6, 2011 9:19 a.m.

Ticky, it's always a slow night in Nephi, that's why I love it! Funny thing is my motivation for commenting on Utah games is all the comments from Ute fans from Ogden, St. George, Salt Lake etc. about BYU games. Things must be pretty slow there too!

Nov. 6, 2011 9:16 a.m.

Uteology I am not Veritas. This is my first attempt at heckling Utah fans via the Des News and I gotta tell you, its been entertaining. I'm not trying to say BYU is better than Utah or say our schedule has been tougher just having some fun.

Nov. 6, 2011 9:06 a.m.

@disgruntled the only team byu could beat that utah beat is themselves. byu barely beats wac teams and would not have beat arizona. yall beat your chest cause you beat osu at osu.. wow big whoop. osu is the same as any one of your wac teams youve been playin every weak. stop actin like byu can beat everyone utah has cause they cant even beat a half decent team with a winning record.

Here you go sportsfan...read your post again and tell me you didn't say a win over OSU, which is one of your PAC wins is no better than a WAC win. By the way you could win the rest of your games and the only victory you will have over a Division 1 team with a winning record is.......BYU

Nov. 6, 2011 8:56 a.m.

Whoa big daddy, the thing is I have never denied BYU took a beatdown but everytime something is brought up about Utah's lack of a "big" win it always goes back to 54-10. Don't get me wrong if it had gone the other way I'd be getting all the mileage I can out of it. You can deny it all you want but all you have to do is go back to all the responses to my comments to prove my point.

• Kosta Fesenko Chicken McNuggetville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 8:51 a.m.

@A1994

Arizona would throttle any of those 6 teams that the cougs beat.

• Glenn A. Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 8:15 a.m.

So which is it, Cougar fans?

Two weeks ago, most of you described the Utes as a hapless team that wouldn't likely register one Pac-12 win. Now, after winning two straight Pac-12 games, they're a team taking advantage of inferior opponents. Weren't they supposed to be the inferior opponent?

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 6, 2011 7:48 a.m.

Just to be clear, even the most famous BYU fan had Arizona over Utah:

"Arizona 17, Utah 14: I don't' think John White can carry the offense on the road against the Wildcats, who have a legit QB in Nick Foles." - DH

Nope, but Utah has a legit #1 PAC-12 defense that can. Now 8-4 looks like a strong possibility, hopefully with a Sun Bowl appearance.

• TheNun Granstville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 7:29 a.m.

@tammyg

Ya, the two game winning streak for the Utes isn't much, especially when compared to the cogers winning streaks they've put together this year, against the toughest schedules anyone could imagine. They'll probably be able to go 2-0 against BYE just in the month of November alone. Outstanding!

• NC FROGS 2010 Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 6, 2011 7:23 a.m.

I too hope Utah is bowl eligible and makes it to Las Vegas....where I will enjoy watching them get run by TCU or Boise State!

• Big Hapa Kaysville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 6:40 a.m.

From a BYU fan to the Utes nice job keep it roll-in. One more win and you are bowl eligible.

I dig the White/red jersey with the black pants.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 6, 2011 6:39 a.m.

A1994 | 11:04 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    I wasn't sure what Arizona's overall record was this year.

--------------

One less win (2-7) than the team you stormed the field for (Utah State 3-5).

I hope that puts things in perspective.

BYU fans

• Duckhunted highland, utah
    Nov. 6, 2011 5:36 a.m.

1994!!!
    like BYU football u belong in 1994...lets move to 2011 you play Idaho the Utes play UCLA!!!mmmm what team is stepping up??

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 3:56 a.m.

Great performances by só many UTES. Congrats on a well earned victory.
    Go UTES!

• davidutefan Evanston, WY
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:58 a.m.

considering the number of players lost to injury, I'd be happy with 8-4 or 7-5. At least our QB is out from injury not from being terrible

• Big Daddy Utah SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:25 a.m.

@Disgruntled

You can't be serious, Utah using the BYU win to validate its season, you must be joking. You BYU folks take yourselves much to seriously. Go UTES, finish strong at 8-4, win your bowl game and finish 9-5 with a backup quarterback and a patchwork offensive line.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:04 a.m.

@Craig Frantz, MiP, &Jenny83

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:02 a.m.

I just remembered that after we beat Montana State 27-10 we were heavily criticized for not running the score up in that game. I also remember a BYU fan (can't remember who it was) tell us to take a look at how Arizona was taking apart Northern Arizona, using that as a comparison between a good Pac 12 team and a bad Pac 12 team. Guess we laid that myth to rest. But that was a long time ago. A time when Jake Heaps ruled the earth and sky, when BYU had 4 runningbacks who were better than any one at Utah and there was not one player at Utah that would have cracked the depth chart if they were 50 miles south. And then September came...

• Razzle2 Bluffdale, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 12:01 a.m.

@Floyd Johnson Is there any way that one outside of Utah can watch the game?

Funny, I saw it in Arizona.

• Craig Frantz Spokane, WA
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:54 p.m.

Beat UCLA, and win out and go to the Sun Bowl.

Lose to UCLA and go to the Vegas Bowl

You could do a lot worse.

• Bleed Crimson Sandy, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:53 p.m.

@ U4Me

"Has anybody heard if the Y won their game today against BYE?"

This just in:

BYE Week 54
    BYU Cougars 10

BYU wasn't motivated for the BYE week (As reported by Deseret News) and as a result BYU beats themselves! lol.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:49 p.m.

A1994 | 11:04 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    Centerville, UT
    "I wasn't sure what Arizona's overall record was this year. Based on the hype by the Ute fans here, I thought this must be a pretty solid win. Then I went to ESPN to see what kind of year Arizona was having. Holy Cow! They are 2-7! Congratulations Utah and Utah fans! You're buttons must just be bursting tonight"

So you admit you know little about Arizona, yet a glimse of their record on ESPN and now you are ready to slam this win and the fan base?

Curious.

• ImaUteFan West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:43 p.m.

@Disgruntled I've said it before and I'll say it again . . .

Which side of that 54 - 10 beatdown was your team on???

'nuff said.

• 79Ute Orange County, CA
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:31 p.m.

P.S. Great improvement by Hays thanks to his own determination and thanks to good coaching helping him improve and adjusting the offense mid-year to fit the circumstances.

• Jenny83 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:18 p.m.

1994 Before you go running your mouth, look at Arizona's schedule...

• Craig Frantz Spokane, WA
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:17 p.m.

@ A1994

Arizona was ranked #53 coming into the game and had played the 4th toughest schedule (per the Sagarin Rankings) in the country coming into the game. I hope that helps with who Arizona is.

• 79Ute Orange County, CA
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:05 p.m.

Fellow Ute Fans:

Good win tonight; good momentum heading into the UCLA game at home. UCLA also has good momentum heading into the game. We need another good game next week, better than tonight's effort.

For those of us needing a reality check: the stars won't align for the Rose Bowl trip as some suggest.

ASU plays WSU in Pullman (a win for ASU), then Arizona and Cal in Tempe (two more wins for ASU). ASU is going to win out so their PAC-12 record will be 7-2. If they lose one, they'll be 6-3. If ASU loses two, which would require ASU to fall apart, they'll also be 5-4 and have the tiebreaker over us if we win out and also finish at 5-4, which is the best we can do. They're not going to lose three.

So I'm not booking the short drive to Pasadena this year, unfortunately. Maybe we can drive to San Diego, though, instead of Las Vegas.

Given all that's happened this year, 8-4 would be respectable. It's simple-minded smack predicting or even wishing we were headed to the Rose Bowl. We're beyond that aren't we?

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 11:04 p.m.

I wasn't sure what Arizona's overall record was this year. Based on the hype by the Ute fans here, I thought this must be a pretty solid win. Then I went to ESPN to see what kind of year Arizona was having. Holy Cow! They are 2-7! Congratulations Utah and Utah fans! You're buttons must just be bursting tonight!

• acetylsalicylicacid Alpine, utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:49 p.m.

@Cougfanintx - when you guys got your ahem, national championship, you beat an "undeserving" 6-6 Michigan.

• hoghead sandy, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:45 p.m.

@MAFU
    you are not 5-4 in the PAC. "You" are 2-4. Just stating the facts.

@ChrisB
    I plead that you go to the PAC championship game. Stanford/Oregon would DESTROY the mighty utes. It would be a great game, if you were a Cardinal/Duck

• panamadesnews Lindon, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:08 p.m.

Great win, Utes (from a BYU fan & BYU/Ute alumnus).

• GoRed WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:07 p.m.

Great game, Utes! White has become a legit All-PAC 12 running back. Also, very good game management by Hays. For being thrown in as a replacement at the last minute when Wynn went down, Hays has performed admirably.

It's so nice to have good, competitive teams to play each week.

What is it with some bitter BYU fans? cougfanintx and sammyg, aren't you getting enough good competition against your lower WAC/high school quality games? Didn't think so.

Aside from playing only three good teams (Utah, Texas, TCU) that were all losses, you really haven't had much to cheer about this year.

• Mike W Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:05 p.m.

Great win by Utah... the offense is still sketchy, but the defense is the best in the conference. An 8-4 finish is possible, not bad at all for a first year in the PAC 12 and having a new transfer backup quarterback leading the team. Looking forward to UCLA coming to town next week in a game that suddenly looks pretty good!

Who's BYU got next week? Idaho coming to town? That'll be a hot ticket!

• dnsmith Salt Lake CIty, ut
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:58 p.m.

Great game the D got a little soft in the 4th. Looking at the stats they had more yards than us by alot all through the air. That wasn't too surprising as Foles is a good QB. Nice to have another W. One more win to go bowling, more than that and we just get to a better bowl. Getting to 8-4 isn't great but not as bad as it could have been since Wynn went down.
    Now it's time to get ready to face UCLA. This will be challenging but I like the momentum going in. Hays gets better each game and I don't have to cringe when he doesn't hand it off and I see he will try and throw it. by the way White is a freight train in a compact size!
    Can't wait to cheer on the utes at home!
    GO UTES!!

• niners SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:57 p.m.

Utah is looking much better! I am glad to see the improvements:)

Now for the BYU fans, good luck with the rest of your WAC schedule...after watching you struggle against USU and SJSU I see no reason why these other three WAC teams won't put up a fight against you.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:50 p.m.

Disgruntled (Veritas???)

Give it a rest. Just like the 4 week rest your team is getting before they play Hawaii.

In 23 games BYU has two wins against teams above .500 and BYU fans are questioning us? Ironic indeed!

• MAFU_1976 SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Great game, but that last touchdown from Arizona was a bit of a bummer. Next Saturday against UCLA will be huge. At 5-4 in the PAC-12 we still have a whole lot to play for. Big time college football is what its all about.

I would like to bear my testimony that the Utes are a true PAC-12 team. Thank you lord for you divine leaders; Larry Scott, Kyle Whittingham and Dr. Chris Hill. May you bless them, and all of Ute nation.

In the name of McBride.......Amen.

• morganh Orem, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:36 p.m.

So chrisb why all the hate of B.Y.U.? Maybe you are jealous of the fact that for many years all Utah had was the running game and the embarrassment from the likes of Detmer and Young made you so sick and tired of losing that you had a bright idea and decided it was time to implement the B.Y.U. "West Coast" offense. As for B.Y.U. being irrelevant you had better ask ESPN who would not have signed an 8 year deal if they thought B.Y.U. was irrelevant. ESPN has said that if B.Y.U. wins there games they will have a seat at the BCS table. Maybe not this year but my guess is it will happen sometime and how would you feel if we had a year where an independent B.Y.U. is in the top 15 and PAC-12 Utah loses in the title game but still is in the top 15 and ESPN who controls the BCS takes B.Y.U as an at-large and Utah is left out despite a great record.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:33 p.m.

CougFaninTX | 6:10 p.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    As predicted, Utes will get easy wins over Arizona and Colorado.

----------

Predicted by whom? According to Vegas Utah was the underdog.

This was a great win for Utah. Going up against another NFL QB and the #1 PAC-12 defense came up big.

White is a beast. I'm still waiting for Duckhunter to explain why he wouldn't start at BYU.

UCLA just won. Can't wait for next week.

GO UTES!!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:33 p.m.

ASU just lost.

If the stars align we could have a ROSEY finish!

• Jordan Lynchburg, VA
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:28 p.m.

Haha, stay classy everybody, and don't get disgruntled. But I am very excited about the win, and it is a step in the right direction. Go Utes!

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:26 p.m.

@disgruntled i wish they taught reading at byu. LOL my comment never said anything about the only team we could beat is no better than a wac team. copy and paste and show me those words.lol same old clueless byu fans trying to make their team feel better cause they cant beat anyone with a .500 record LOL

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:24 p.m.

Wow Hays looked functional today, if he can play like that against UCLA the Utes could realistically go 8-4.

• camera2head west jordan, utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:20 p.m.

@disgruntled

So please tell us who you are going to hang your hat on for your marquee win? umm? umm? oh yeah it hasnt happened yet and their wont be one this year. Michigan 1984 i suppose.

@atl
    I grant u Reilly might make a little difference,but not enough.By the way alot of Utah fans think until the last 2 games we have went backwards,i dont see Utah fans pounding their chests over improvement against the likes of Idaho State,Idaho,and New Mexico State. Trust me we will hear the Y improvement talk again in the coming weeks.

• Ticky Burden salt lake city, ut
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:19 p.m.

Must be a slow night in Nephi ...

• niners SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:12 p.m.

Great game Utes!! White, Turbin are the best two football players in the state! If Utah had time for a WAC team maybe we could see the two play against each other..

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:10 p.m.

Can't argue the fact that the wins the last two weeks are schedule-driven. What is inarguable, however, is that Utah HAS improved since the second half of the Washington game. Nearing the end of the second quarter of that game, we looked as if we could play with anyone in the conference. Losing a quarterback changes the entire game, not just the offensive side of the ball. Defensive and special teams adjustments have to be made because of it, and we took a big step back when Wynn got hurt. Last week Hays showed growth in being smarter with the ball. This week he showed playmaking ability as well. Are we as good as we were on 9/17? Maybe not yet, but definitely improved since Q3 of 10/1.

• Ticky Burden salt lake city, ut
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:10 p.m.

@CaliCoog . I'm sure the irony that you bothered to post anything on this site is lost on you. Good luck against Idaho or College of Eastern Utah or whomever you play next. 54 - 10.

Nov. 5, 2011 9:02 p.m.

I thought I might have some fun and rile the Ute fans up a bit tonight, but this is just too easy! I'm going to bed now.

Nov. 5, 2011 9:00 p.m.

Sportsfan, thanks for validating my comment Utah hasn't beaten anybody. Defend your own schedule by saying the team in your might conference of champions you could actually beat is no better than a WAC team. My point exactly!

Nov. 5, 2011 8:57 p.m.

StG continued; Sorry hit the wrong button. Anyway nice to see Utah fans STILL use the BYU game to validate their season.

• U4Me Sandy, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:55 p.m.

Great Game for the Utes! Congrats guys.

Has anybody heard if the Y won their game today against BYE?

Hang in there Band of Lil Brothers

Nov. 5, 2011 8:54 p.m.

StG I know my name fits perfectly that's why I chose it. I AM disgruntled. By the way I wasn't comparing Utah and BYU, I was responding to the assertion that BYU would be 2-10 if they played Utah's schedule. Notice I said BYU stinks? Nice to see when all is said and done Utah fans STILL

• yankees27 Heber, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:52 p.m.

LVcoug- for the record not all U fans like the BCS. I still hate it!!! Playoff!

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:50 p.m.

• Seattleview Federal Way, WA
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:50 p.m.

Good defense and NO TURNOVERS!

Like always, BYU needs to follow the example of Utah.

Nov. 5, 2011 8:49 p.m.

camera2head, utah's improvement is also delusion and schedule driven. The two teams Utah has beaten in the PAC 12 are a combined 4-14. Impressive. By the way did you notice the Utah defense just gave up 450 plus yards to a 2-7 team? Equally impressive. Utah won tonight because of Arizona's incredibly inept secondary not because of their defense. Keep holding on to the BYU game as your marquee win because it's the best you're going to get.

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:47 p.m.

cfit

As predicted, when the UTES win or lose, the UTAH obsessed haters come out.

Happens everytime.

The top 4 teams in the WAC:

Nevada
    Hawaii
    La. Tech.
    Fresno St.

BYU will lose to Hawaii.

Add BYU to that list of teams that cannot beat teams in the top half of the WAC.

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:45 p.m.

@camera2head
    " I will give you the one reason you would still not beat the Utes in November,October,June or July. Its called Utah Defense"

In November BYU would be using Nelson instead of Heaps and utah would be using Hays instead of Wynn. That would be a huge difference and I'd give BYU near 50% odds of winning a game the way the teams are now.

@LVCoug
    Eh, it just looks that way because Chris has about a quarter of all the comments on this article.

• sportsfanforlife salt lake city, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:45 p.m.

@calicougar thats hilarious no one is "interested" in the game but you on the boards commenting?? LOL byu fans keep makin yourselves look foolish by sayin ignorant stuff like your program is relevant at all.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:45 p.m.

That's a solid win. Arizona has started to play better, and because of Foles and the home field I felt they had the advantage. I'm more than happy to be wrong on this one.

Go Utes!

• StGtoSLC SALT LAKE CITY, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:40 p.m.

Disgruntled, YOUR name fits perfectly! "That being said BYU could beat any team Utah has." You want a real comparison between the two teams? Look at 9/17/11. Now as for your claim, who knows? You beat Oregon State, but you don't play Arizona, Pitt or Montana State. If I were to guess, I'd say you'd lose at Pitt and at Arizona might be 50/50. It'd be a shootout though, because your secondary is awful and ours is pretty decent. Do yourself a favor and take your beating like a man, leave Utah's matters to Utah, and come back next year and try to make a better showing at Rice-Eccles next year.

• camera2head west jordan, utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:33 p.m.

Chris B keep running your smack brotha. love it. All you Byu fans keep drinking that blue kool-aid,keep thinking your team has improved tremendously since your epic 54-10 beat down. Same old song and dance as last year,the improvement is a delusion and schedule driven. I will give you the one reason you would still not beat the Utes in November,October,June or July. Its called Utah Defense.

• LVCoug NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:30 p.m.

Nice to see the Ute fans have fully transitioned into the upity BCS fans they despised not long ago. What a difference a year makes.

• Henry Drummond San Jose, CA
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:29 p.m.

Nice win Utah. The offense is coming to life, but how about the defense. Even Oregon couldn't hold Arizona to 21 points.

• The Moose Southern, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:27 p.m.

@sammyg
    In our old conference, we had to go practically undefeated just to go to the Las Vegas Bowl. Now you make it seem like a penalty. If the Utes can finish out the season strong, the Las Vegas Bowl would be great. Hope I get to go.

Nov. 5, 2011 8:24 p.m.

Chrissy B you could also follow the rainbow to a gigantic pot of gold! Keep on dreaming and enjoying "your" BCS membership. LOL!

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:21 p.m.

Looking good.

Keep up the good work. Still 30 minutes to play. Would like to see a nice long drive to start the second half. But above all else, hold onto the ball baby.

Go Utes!

Nov. 5, 2011 8:20 p.m.

President Joker, you name fits perfectly. Name one decent team Utah has beaten. Yes, I am a BYU fan and BYU stinks. That being said BYU could beat any team Utah has. The bottom of the PAC 12 is no better than the WAC. Just be grateful Utah doesn't play an entire PAC 12 schedule allowing them to avoid being blown out by Oregon and Stanford.

• 54-10 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:16 p.m.

Trolls are out on one of their 2 bye weeks in November. Then the Cougs get to play 3 of the worst WAC teams. Nice.

...and while I'm here 54-10. LOL

• KamUte South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:15 p.m.

We will finish 8-4. Hayes is coming around.

• CaliforniaCougar Lake Elsinore, CA
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:12 p.m.

Nice to see Chris B is the only one on the planet interested in this game.

Okay, that's an understatement. I am sure there are 10s of people interested in what's going on with the Utes.

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:11 p.m.

Wow, a two game winning streak. Hays is improving.

"Quest for Las Vegas" is exciting.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 7:29 p.m.

Arizona state losing! We will just be two games back for playing in first ever pac 12 championship game! Stranger things have happened. I love my bcs membership. Are byu or utah state still in contention for a rose bowl berth? Unlikely I know, but utah has a chance. I heart the bcs!

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    Nov. 5, 2011 7:13 p.m.

@ Cougfan in TX, awh it is okay; do you need a tissue? Your team is getting ready for the next big game against Idaho and after that New Mexico State. Wow that mid major independent thing really brings in the big boys doesnt it. The ugly truth is you don't want the BCS big boys coming to LES as that would mean a beat down such as the one big brother in SLC laid on your team earlier this season. BYU fans/trolls, you make me laugh; the desperation of it all.

• President Joker Washington, DC
    Nov. 5, 2011 7:09 p.m.

BYU would be 2-10 if they played Utahs schedule. Beating Division 2 schools all season long doesn't impress anybody.

• NC FROGS 2010 Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 5, 2011 7:06 p.m.

Does this mean that the Utes still have a chance at the Rose Bowl?

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 7:02 p.m.

Like I said, 27 to 10. I amaze myself sometimes

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:54 p.m.

@cougfanintexas
    "will determine whether the Utes finish the regular season with a winning record or go to a bowl game as an undeserving 6-6 team. "

Utah is ranked ahead of BYU in the Sagarin rankings. Trade schedules between the two teams and BYU would be the one flirting with 6-6 while Utah coasts easily to a 9-3 or 10-2 season (since they beat BYU).

• Uncle Rico Provo, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:49 p.m.

Re: Floyd Johnson

Yes you can watch it online. They won't let me post links here. Go to ESPN box score of game, then click on conversation, there is a link posted in there for justintv that you can watch the game.

Things will be better next year when the new Pac-12 tv deal goes into effect.

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:33 p.m.

Looking good.

Go Utes!

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:13 p.m.

Only a fool would consider this a gimme. Lest we forget Foles is third in the nation in passing yards per game. Plus gimme games don't start with you as a 4 point underdog.

• CougFaninTX Frisco, TX
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:10 p.m.

As predicted, Utes will get easy wins over Arizona and Colorado. Neither team could beat the top half of the WAC. UCLA will be a loss for the Utes. Washington State is a 50/50 game and will determine whether the Utes finish the regular season with a winning record or go to a bowl game as an undeserving 6-6 team.

• International Cougar Fan Tacoma, WA
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:03 p.m.

Two power-house teams from the big bad PAC12? Why can't I watch this game in Korea? At least I can watch BYU Basketball on BYUtv! I love ESPN and BYUtv!!!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:03 p.m.

Second blocked punt! Some teams here in utah are awful on punting too! Lol!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 6:00 p.m.

Maybe arizona will just give up at halftime like other teams we destroyed! The future of football in utah, is utah! All others can wallow in non aq irrelevance!

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 5:57 p.m.

17 to 0. Game over. Thanks for playing arizona. 8 and 4 is good first year. We will fight for roses next year with a qb

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 5:53 p.m.

interception lol. Could this team be worse than byu? No, they are in the bcs.

• Chris B Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 5:50 p.m.

I knew this would be gimme game, already up ten. Great weather here! I will sing the byu fight song if we lose this game. Lol. 27 to 10 mark it down!

• Floyd Johnson Broken Arrow, OK
    Nov. 5, 2011 5:24 p.m.

Is there any way that one outside of Utah can watch the game?