Sports

5A football playoffs: Fremont exacts some revenge on Bingham, advances to Rice-Eccles

Comments

• BT1984 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 10, 2011 1:19 p.m.

I went through and read the smarmy comments from Bingham haters and wrote a point-by-point reply to some of them. Then I realized something I should have known all along. It's not worth my time. That would just allow them to drag me down to their level. I won't allow them to twist my devotion to the Bingham football team into something it's not. Go ahead, take all the shots you want at Bingham and Bingham fans. We'll be here for basketball and back next year to show our devotion and support for our Miner football team.
    Those of you who don't like what we say, the facts I quote (which remain facts whether you like them or not) can express your hatred and vitriol all you like.
    I don't care.
    Good luck to the teams playing this week. May you all play to the best of your abilities and be injury-free. I'd prefer to see Bingham be playing this Friday but one fact remains that I don't like but it is a fact.
    Fremont played better than my Miners last Friday and won the right to advance.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 10, 2011 7:23 a.m.

@jarka-rus and razorback

Ha ha ha ha...those are the funniest commetns I've read on this board. Good Luck Titans...you're gonna need it.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 9, 2011 8:23 p.m.

Razor,

Amen.

Papi, your team won and you've done nothing but whine and bash bingham and their fan base. Just get ready for Syracuse this friday and stop worrying about Bingham. Go Titans by the way.

• razorback South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 4:03 p.m.

@papi

pot calling the kettle black. It's difficult to find a post from you that doesn't whine or attack. Please - keep your cheese. You'll need it at some point.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 3:11 p.m.

@razorback and jarka-rus
    Would you like some cheese with your whine?

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 12:36 p.m.

@razorback

It's funny you say that, because someone from Bingham created a dummy profile to look like mine and had posted things directed specifically towards me. Good thing I have talked to my lawyer who can take action against that person and D-News for posting slanderous remarks about me. Don't know how those posts got through the moderators either.

• razorback South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 11:40 a.m.

jarka-rus

how did you finally manage to get responses through? I posted some positive things as well but some (repeat, only some) of the up-north posters turned things around and just can't stop taking shots at Bingham's fans, program and players. Can't figure out why the moderators let that stuff go through and then hijack rebuttals. And they were extremely mild rebuttals at that, nothing compared to what had already been posted.

Anyway, I moved on to view comments on the other quarterfinal games. Seems that LP, Syracuse and Jordan posters have a different approach to celebrating a good victory.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 10:38 a.m.

@jaka-rus

--Here you are again slamming Fremont...My guess is Vigil only had about 10 yards rushing up until that point...what on the second drive of the game when he ran 47 YARDS for a TD..Binghams D got destroyed by that horrible Offense that Fremont has. Stop living in your fantasy world and look at the facts.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 10:34 a.m.

Let me remind you of your first comment on here cause it looks like you are having memory troubles. Here is your first comment copied word for word...You bashed on Fremont in your first sentence of your comment and I can bet the others before that were even worse since D-News didn't post them. Stop trying to cause trouble and have fun watchin Fremont play next week at RES.
    jarka-rus | 9:50 a.m. Nov. 5, 2011
    Layton, Utah
    At least we Bingham fans and players have some class. To all you Bingham haters, see ya next year. Bingham will reload, probably not so true about your teams. Fremont has a lot of talent and deserved the win and should be a tough team in the future. Way too many turnovers. Both defenses dominated, Neither Bingham's nor Fremont's offenses were spectacular, Vigil had two big runs late that sealed the win. LP wins it all this year no doubt.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 9, 2011 10:30 a.m.

@jaka-rus
    Yep I did go on the defensive because your first comment was at least we Bingham fans have some class.

You didn't congratulate Fremont once. You were just looking to cause trouble like you have in the past.

• aggie4ever CLEARFIELD, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 8:49 p.m.

Let me say this years playoffs have been awesome. I think Fremont is a great team, but by the sound of all the posts from last week the rest of the field should give the trophy to Fremont or LP. The night Fremont beat Syracuse it was kind of a crappy night for ball. If you really want to look at that game the offense scored 8 points. Vigil was contained for the night. Your defense scored as many points a your offense. Syracuse got to the 1 yard line and couldnt punch it in. Syracuse has also PLAYED ON THE ROAD and has only given up 3 points on defense including Alta. The offense lost the ball that gave Alta their only TD. Different field, better conditions, and nothing to lose. Can you hear it, thats called the winds of change in Region 1. For the next three years Syracuse will always be the underdog. The juniors and Soph's can play ball, just ask their region opponents. 11-11-11 at 11am. If your superstious, you have been warned. Just a bunch of farm boys taking names one game at a time. Go Titans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 8:47 p.m.

From jarka-rus..."So who has contained and beaten Hansen?"

Well, sorry, but I AM going to go back to last season because it's pertinent to this conversation, Fremont was (to my knowledge the last team) to not get tore up by Hansen and they will do it again providing they get past Syracuse on Friday, which I think they will, albeit another close game.

Now, about your comment that Vigil wasn't doing that well against the Bingham 'D' until the last couple minutes of the game.....who cares! He had 3 huge runs against them,(1 in the first qtr and the other 2 in the 4th) each over 70 yds. It's the final numbers that matter Bro and that number was over 250 yds.

I really question whether Lone Peak will get past Jordan.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2011 7:40 p.m.

Since some of my quotes have been copied, try this one.
    "Fremont has a lot of talent and deserved the win and should be a tough team in the future." Not sure how that slams Fremont, what? cuz I didn't actually say congrats?

My response was to the bingham haters posting, please read carefully next time Fremont fans. Don't see anything in there where I disparage you or your team.

then Papi goes on the defensive
    "Now that's the biggest lie I've ever heard"

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2011 7:27 p.m.

Truesilverwolf |

Go back and read all first comments after the game, you will see what my point was. I have congratulated Fremont on the win and shutting #24 down. But none of the comments I was posting were getting on, so since I don't just sit around and post on the Dnews every second and wonder what fremont fans are saying. I quit and haven't had any time lately. But I also am not going to sit here and act like Bingham didn't show up. It wasn't like Vigil or Preator or anyone else was lighting up Bingham's D, they controlled Fremont just as much as they did to Bingham. It wasn't until the last few minutes of the game that Bingham folded. My guess is Vigil only had about 10 yards rushing up until that point. it was a great game one of the best I've seen in a while. My hats off to Fremont for the way they played. LP wins it all.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2011 7:18 p.m.

Fremontsilverwolf

So who has contained and beaten Hansen? Just look at his stats. Lot of talk about how LP can be beaten and this and that, yet here they are undefeated and nobody has found a way to shut Hansen down. A freshman QB isn't going to do it, especially against a senior that is the best player in the state. And don't bring up last year.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 8, 2011 7:12 p.m.

Papi, I tried posting comments all the time after this game and couldn't get any on. So blame the moderators. I told you I would give props where they were due, yet you were the first one on here slamming Bingham and their fans. So I was just responding to that. Yes Fremont shut down Bingham and congrats to them, I thought the Miners run game would show up and they didn't. so good luck to Fremont from here on out. Don't expect me to root for them that's for sure. LP will take the championship easy anyways.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 5:52 p.m.

Lone Peak vs Jordan.....I wouldn't bet against Kafentsis(sp). That kid is a player with a very bright future.

Chase Hansen is good, but can be contained and beaten.

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 12:31 p.m.

Just for you to know I've predicted every game but Syracuse vs. Alta correctly. My picks:
    Lone Peak by 10
    Fremont by 18
    Lone Peak and Jordan will be a good game, but Chase Hansen will win the game for Lone Peak. Meanwhile, Fremont will hold Syracuse to one field goal. Syracuse hasn't scored more than 20 points in the playoffs and they won't be starting now.

• AH C'MON South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 11:49 a.m.

That is awesome for Fremont and who knows they might win the big prize over and over and over. It is obvious that the Fremont program along with Jordan and Lone Peak continue to improve every year lately. One of these programs could very well be on their way to win it all over and over but it wont be because of size of school or recruiting. Most of us that follow sports long enough can agree that it is not the size of the school or recruiting that wins championships. That can be proven in every state. Its the quality of the Head Coach and staff, the support of the Principal and VP's, and the support of the community that attracts great programs. This is why Bingham excels in most of the sports especially football. Oh, Bingham little league football is just another story. .This is why I know Bingham will be back.

• AH C'MON South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 11:47 a.m.

That is awesome for Fremont and who knows you might win the big prize over and over and over. It is obvious that the Fremont program along with Jordan and Lone Peak continue to improve every year lately. One of these programs could very well be on their way to win it all over and over but it wont be because of size of school or recruiting. Most of us that follow sports long enough can agree that it is not the size of the school or recruiting that wins championships. That can be proven in every state. Its the quality of the Head Coach and staff, the support of the Principal and VP's, and the support of the community that attracts great programs. This is why Bingham excels in most of the sports especially football. Oh, Bingham little league football is just another story. .This is why I know Bingham will be back.

• UtahHSFan LAYTON, UT
    Nov. 8, 2011 9:31 a.m.

You guys act like these are college programs. "winning the championship over and over is what matters" Fremont takes what they get. They have two-thirds the students the bigger 5A schools have and don't have open enrollment. They don't recruit and don't reload. For a school like Fremont to knock off Bingham it is a big deal. They don't have turf and dont have "jumbotron screens". For this group of kids to come from Plain City and do this well two years in a row in state is significant. If Fremont goes on to win state it is a big deal, but getting this far competing against the other huge schools in the state is an enormous success. I have to disagree with the comments about winning it over and over. I think when it only happens once in a while, and you do it fairly and with class, it is much sweeter.

Good luck to all the teams this week, should be some great HIGH SCHOOL football.

• AH C'MON South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 9:38 p.m.

Winning the BIG prize for one year is good, but to win the BIG prize over and over and over is what separates a good team from a good program. Bingham will be back and theres a good chance they will win the BIG prize again and again and again just because of the lesson learned this year. Go Bingham!

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 6:25 p.m.

@Goldendomer
    OH yeah, I forgot about that. So when we goin to Maddox? I'm ready when you are. I totally misread your comment and thought put streak instead of steak.

• Goldendomer Holladay, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 5:00 p.m.

Papi. I told you in one of the articles regarding Bingham I would buy you a steak at Maddox if Freemont beat Bingham.

I am a man of my word.

• Geeber South Jordan, utah
    Nov. 7, 2011 3:52 p.m.

Fremont just like Syracuse has the right to be proud and excited about thier wins over 2 of the dominate teams in the last 5 or more years. I can't remember when Alta and Bingham have not been there it is good that other teams are having good seasons and beat the usual suspects it will make Alta and Binghsam work that much harder. I love the underdogs! and yes Bingham was predicted to win. Good luck to evryone in the semis and finals I will definately be watching.

• RobertC bluffdale, Utah
    Nov. 7, 2011 3:51 p.m.

Its a shame some teams just can't deal very well with a little success. Its almost like Fremont has never won a state championship in football before.

Now this is athletics 101, but methinks some people need a little reminder. A: Lose with class and Win with class. show a little FHS. #2: A playoff victory is not a championship. C: You will win some.. And you will lose some, Dont get to caught up in either one until you actually win a championship. #4 Lone Peak. #5 2006, 2009, 2010 Where is your list? #6 This is my favorite 2012 #7: Act like you have been there before.

• JohnsonR bluffdale, Utah
    Nov. 7, 2011 3:27 p.m.

As a casual observer
    freemont, the #1 seed beat the 2nd seeded team. Cool it was a good game that you should have won.

But until freemint wins two more games, you really have done nothing note worthy. So shush your mouths and win two more. Until then Bingham has 3 state championships in the last 5 years. What does fremunt have?

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 2:53 p.m.

@goldendomer
    How do you like your steak Papi_chulo?

What streak are you talking about? The streak of games my Silver Wolves have won? or my streak of predicting the games correctly for the playoffs? :)

• Goldendomer Holladay, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 2:34 p.m.

Sorry to the Freemont fans this is so late. I predicted Bingham would beat Freemont soundly. I was wrong. Congrats to the Silver wolves and their supporters. I have said it all year it would be either Alta or Lone Peak hoisting the State Championship Trophy in class 5A. After last Fridays game I am no so sure Freemont couldnt take the whole kit and caboodle! Whatever happens, the next 3 games in 5A are going to be well worth the price of admission.

Region 1 is for real no doubt about it. Any one who looks back on the last 11 years of the playoffs knows that.

How do you like your steak Papi_chulo?

Best of luck to all the remaining teams!

• Geeber South Jordan, utah
    Nov. 7, 2011 1:44 p.m.

Congradulations to Fremont this was the game to go to! Both teams played hard and like I said the team with the fewest mistakes should win. As to the fans I found both sides were pleasant amd curtious unlike some of the postings. Bingham didn't lose Fremont won with great desire not to give up, they scored on a very tough defense and the defense stepped it up with a great pick at the end to seal any comeback from Bingham. Talked to some of the players after the game and they said that Fremont was tougher than Lone Peak. They did knock them off last year, maybe an upset this year? Will be watching the rest of the games in Luxury at the U. Can't wait I love HS football.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 1:33 p.m.

Here is one from RobertC who is magically nowhere to be found now that his mighty miners from Bigham lost.

For some reason a lot of fans up north think or more likely hope the Bingham game will be close. Maybe it's just naiveté but honestly Bingham plays at a significantly higher level then Fremont could ever even think of.

Last years championship score of 30-6 was just a taste of what is to come. I know Bingham lost a bunch of seniors from last year. What Fremont people don't comprehend is that Bingham's JV was the second best team in the state last year. Bingham by 30+

Fremont must be out of this world then if Bigham is on a higher level than Fremont could ever think of.

Haven't heard anything from binghamalum since the loss either. What a shame.

Thank you AltaDad for at least being humble and honest about things. Region 1 is sick of hearing all the talk about how great the teams are from Jordan, and Sandy and South Jordan.

• AltaDad Draper, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 12:49 p.m.

Congrats to Fremont for a big win. Congrats to all the Region 1 teams for coming out ready for the playoffs. I have to say, Region 1 is proving to be the toughest region. Good Luck at RES!

• Doug Whitmore Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 11:32 a.m.

Almost forgot my favorite comment from BT1984 pm Oct 23

"In years that Bingham didn't take state the Miners outscored all teams that were at the time in Region 1 by a total of 210 to 80. Bingham fans aren't impressed with the RHETORIC coming from up north."

Even better was binghamalum on Oct 27:
    "My mouth is goin to be wide open if they lose to Fremont!!!!! Illl swallow all these words I keep throwing out. Sorry beating syracuse 15-3 and losing to a Freshman QB for Jordan, well thats not good enough to beat Bingham, let alone the two teams ahead of them, ALTA AND LONE PEAK this year! "

My point to all these posts are how unbelievable the talk was from a handful of Bingham fans are. I don't blame Freemont fans for commenting back.

• Doug Whitmore Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 11:25 a.m.

Truesilverwolf, did you honestly expect Jarka-rus to congratulate Bingham? LOL. Nothing but excuses and wait till next year from her.

BT1984...you better go get ready for next year. I hear you have an awesome 8th grade group. LOL. Just you wait...right?

I love all the predictions. Oct 21
    binghamalum
    "Bingham wont run away from Fremont, it will be close, but like 17-3 for Bingham, because you wont score, like u didnt last year"

Gunner
    "Fremont out again watching one of their players hauled off like last meeting against Bingham if they make it to the 2nd round to play the Miners."
    "Papi, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay with the puppies!"

Jarka-rus
    "ike I said before, I'm not impressed with anything Fremont has done this year. Vigil is a great RB but he will not beat Bingham on his own as was evident last year." "Bingham isn't worried about Fremont." OCT 22 "Tough times coming for Bingham's opponents as well, healthy O-line and backfield. Hope your D-line can back up your comments"

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 11:24 a.m.

@Truesilverwolf

Thank you for your comment. I love it! You hit the nail on the head with that one as this person did not congratulate Fremont, but tried to start an argument about how Bingham has class and we don't at Fremont. Well, he or she can sit at home while we will be packing RES cheering on our Silver Wolves against Syracuse this week.

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 10:13 a.m.

This was a great game and it's sad to call one team a winner and one team a loser. However, I also need to make a point. Jarka-rus you said that if Fremont won you would be the first person to congratulate them. So why are you talking crap on Fremont? "At least we Bingham fans and players have some class. To all you Bingham haters, see ya next year. Bingham will reload, probably not so true about your teams" is what you said. Yes, Fremont won on Vigil's big runs, but that's not all. What about Lail's three interceptions? And Palepoi having only one run of 10 yards? The fact is Fremont won and Bingham's done. Deal with it.
    "Sports do not build character. They reveal it."
    -Haywood Hale Broun

• UtahHSFan LAYTON, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 10:02 a.m.

Great Win Fremont. Good Luck this week at RES. Congrats to Bingham on another good season.

@razorback
    I guess when you give credit to the feeder program and little leagues, many cities can take credit for sadly feeding into Bingham.

Anyway, Good luck Wolves, roll the Titans.

• Ballfan6 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 9:47 a.m.

Vigil is a stud! I'm excited to watch them at RES again.

• razorback South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 1:31 a.m.

And now a few final words to our Bingham Miners.

Great season. Thanks for everything. We our proud of how you represented us and proud of the way you played the game.

Thanks to the coaches and all support staff. Year in and year out, they work so hard to put our kids in the best position to succeed and contend.

Thanks to all the folks that work so hard in the little leagues to start developing the talents of these kids. The feeder program is also a huge contributing factor to the success Bingham has enjoyed over the past six or seven years.

Best wishes to all of the seniors as they move on the next phase of life. To the returning underclassmen, learn from this season, work hard in the off-season and come back for an even more successful season next year.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 1:14 a.m.

Well Monster...I guess that makes the WIN even sweeter!

• razorback South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 7, 2011 1:07 a.m.

As some think the lack of Bingham posts is a mocking point, I'll go ahead and comment.

Reading some posts, you'd think Fremont won (or should have won) 127-20. What I saw was a great football game where Bingham took a lead into the fourth quarter, Fremont rallied to tie with a great drive midway into the 4th and with two minutes left won the game on a long play. Game was sealed only when Preator made the pick (yet another overthrow) near the goal line with less than a minute. Congratulations to the Silverwolves, you out-executed Bingham in the fourth, won the game and deserved the win.

I sat amongst your fans during last year's semifinal, I saw many fans during Friday's contest and even had Fremont fans sitting in front of me and next to me during the game on Friday (and yes I was on Bingham's side). In all my dealings with Fremont fans, I experienced friendliness and class. I take it then the vast majority of Fremont fans have such class and the message board pop-offs are the exceptions.

Congratulations again and may all remaining contenders play their best at RES.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 10:24 p.m.

And the game starts @11:00...

Go Fremont!!!

• MONSTER south jordan, utah
    Nov. 6, 2011 8:03 p.m.

good job bingham, miner pride 4ever. the one thing that seperates bingham from fremont, is that they put players in the next level(9 byu, 4 uofu, 5 usu, 3 suu, 1 dixie, 1 snow) and thats not including lowell lotulelei(junior) and jared afalava who have offers from everywhere. so you can have your win while we keep putting players in the next level.

• aggie4ever CLEARFIELD, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 8:00 p.m.

I am glad to see 2 region 1 teams playing in the semi's at the U. I think it is going to be an awesome game on friday. I dont know if you remember what the date is on friday. 11-11-11, something is going to happen out of the norm. Maybe the under-dog pulling out a close game. I'm excited for the game and hope we see an awesome game. Go "Cuse".

• TheTruth801 SLC, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 3:47 p.m.

No Alta in the playoffs.....LOL

• BT1984 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 3:13 p.m.

Here's a Bingham fan for you. Congratulations to Fremont's team.
    They played a good game while our Miners made a few too many mistakes.
    Good luck to the Fremont football team.

Congratulations to those of you who continue to bash Bingham. You must wear yourselves out hating us so much for having a successful program. That's ok. You just keep doing what you do so well.
    Bingham has a football season to prepare for, no wasting time feeling sorry for ourselves or hating. We'll be back, see you next August.

• wolfalum Plain City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 9:27 a.m.

@Gunner,

I have to admit I agree with you regarding the play of the juniors on that Bingham squad.

Offensively I think number 1 and number 6 are extremely talented young men. (I wonder if you have anyone that can get them the ball), if you do, those two young men will tear it up next year.

Regarding Defense, I think your D line is going to be a dominating force.

So in all I think Bingham has a lot to be excited about, the experience of a bunch of juniors having to face adversity should bear fruit next year (it did for Fremont).

Great year Miners! and thank you for playing such a great game!

• Doug Whitmore Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 9:10 a.m.

binghamalum, Gunner and BT1984 have posted some great comments all year. Comments with stats, comments with so-called facts, comments that called out other teams all year. There were some real zingers when it came to dealing with Freemont fans. This week they toned it down a bit, with the reality that Bingham might lose. I wonder how many of the comments made it back to the Freemont coaches and players.

Before anyone jumps on here and tells me the coaches and players don't read the comment boards, you might want to pump the brakes. I don't know about players, but there are a lot of coaches that read the comments. That is a 100% fact.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 6, 2011 1:07 a.m.

Hey Adam: Please tell me where I used underclassmen as a crutch or excuse? I said I look forward to next year as the team this year played a lot of jr.'s on defense is all. So next year they should have a lot of experience. How is that using it as an excuse this year? They were varsity players, no excuse. Why don't you try to find a negative in a post that was giving Fremont some props. Papi, regardless if the Bingham D is home watching or not, it's Lone Peaks year. So it will be sad to see Fremont take 2nd place again this year should they make it to the title game. And that would be the same if Bingham made it to the title game. LP is too tough and now they have an even easier route to the title. But good game wolves. This experience is invaluable for your building program.

• watchfuleye Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:11 p.m.

to: Info Man and gridiron2011 - you both are way off. The reason for the pooch kicks and not punting is that the kicker got kicked off for doing something he shouldn't have been doing. Not sure what that was but it was going around the stands at the game. Give credit to Coach Peck for doing all he could under the circumstances. With the kicker, I think Fremont would have still won because they were just the better team that day. More experienced, better on defense, and more variety on offense. No shame to Bingham. They just lost to a better team.

• Info Man South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:18 p.m.

Good Job Fremont, you came and made plays. Your players out played and your coaches out coached Bingham. I actually had to scratch my head quite a few times on Bingham's play calling and decisions on fake punts and the pooch kick off.....No fluidity or momentum was ever achieved by Bingham in this game. Fremont deserves this win! Bingham needs a Offensive play caller that doesn't get caught up in the emotion of the game. I think their OC creates a good offensive scheme but has always struggled with play calling......especially in tight games. Congrats Fremont and I hope to see you in the championship game!

• ViperGuy Farside of The Moon, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 3:26 p.m.

My side hurts! That is some funny funny stuff!!!

• burger_fries_football Burger Barn, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 3:04 p.m.

Calling all cars, calling all cars: This is an APB (All Points Bulletin) on the missing Bingham Nation! An entire community is missing!

Last scene driving south on I-15 out of Plain City Utah at a high rate of speed. Numerous calls from cars on Freeway that a bus carrying "football" players was scene weaving, bobbing and most disturbingly crying-while-riding. Utah Highway Patrol reports the bus and a thousand cars following it got enveloped in what only can be construed as a "black-hole". A Blanche Pittman of South Ogden reported what seemed to be an Alien abduction of an entire caravan of mournful football fans. The reported mother ship disappeared into an angry Utah sky just after 18:15 local. Hill AFB F-16 Fighter Pilots launched on the menacing Alien Vessel only to come up short.

West Valley authorities report of a massive vacancy in the area in or around Bingham High School. While Homeland Security remains reluctant to consider this an alien abduction, many in the area believe otherwise. Police ask all residents to remain vigilant for the missing fans of Bingham High.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:53 p.m.

Spoke to one of the Fremont players this morning to congratulate him on a great win and I loved his attitude, he said ....."It's one game at a time".

Great job Fremont!

• MondayMorningQB Plain City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Chirp......chirp chirp chirp......Chirp.......chirp chirp chirp.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:13 p.m.

@jarka-rus
    At least we Bingham fans and players have some class.

Now that's the biggest lie I've ever heard. As I was walking into the game I had Bingham fans telling me that we were gonna get destroyed and doing a bunch of name calling etc. towards me so don't give me that line that you Bingham boys have class. Fremont came out and stomped Bingham even with all of the miscues with turnovers. Palepoi and the Bingham offense couldn't move the ball on the #1 defense in the state. Palepoi hit a brick wall with Fremonts defense. So proud of my boys for sticking together and pulling out the win. Nick Vigil had the most rushing yards in a single game that he has had all year. Where's that great Bingham D now? Sitting at home watching Fremont play in the semifinals. Congratulation Silver Wolves! Get ready for another dogfight with Syracuse.

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:22 a.m.

gridironfan2011

Name any high school football team with an 80 play offensive playbook. Every team is easy to see what's coming. Just depends on the talent and who does their job better.

• apexhunter Dick\'s Sporting Goods, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:12 a.m.

Jacka-rus: What Bush-League posting. And your comment: " Fremont has a lot of talent and deserved the win and should be a tough team in the future." what exactly does that mean? Tough team in the future? How about a tough team now? Who is going on and who is picking an extra "shift" up in the copper pit?

Fremont did have the much better defense on the day. Your staff was so consumed with Hollingsworth & Gallegos (rightly so) that they left the DE uncovered! And did you notice the Fremont D-tackles rolling out to DE on the "for-sure" pass plays? Oh that is called "out coached"

jark-arus you have been 4 weeks ahead of the present all year. The only game that matters is next week and the only easy day was yesterday! I assure you Nostradamus, that Fremont celebrated right up to walking to their cars last night, just like last week. Syracuse is the only thing on their minds.

Good luck on the re-loading. For me I am forecasting a falling dynasty.

• gridironfan2011 Logan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 10:00 a.m.

@viperguy. I believe you called it with Northridge most likely to play spoiler. Well done sir you were almost 2 for 2!

Fremont fabulous win! Coach Peck you rightfully disrespected Fremont with 2 fake punt attempts. 1.) Great film work Coach, as it proves you watched the entire season of film and saw a very obvious reoccurring flaw with the Wolves Punt Return Team. 2.) As great as your tenacity to gamble on Spec-Teams you forgot that your team was clearly one of the easiest teams to scout & develop probabilities. We saw it on film and your offensive scheme made life very easy on the play calling front.

Had some misplaced passes gone a bit more on-target this would have easily been a 34-27 game in favor of Bingham.

When Fremont is not calling Vigil's number there can be some very scary play calling going on. It was so very nice to see Brock Smith step up and reel in some key passes. Smash mouth game next week and from what we saw in the wet a few weeks ago it looks like Syracuse is on their back feet but still capable.

• CiderMan OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:58 a.m.

Fremont is Fremont! Why would Fremont want to be Skyline or Bingham or Lone Peak or Alta or any other school. Every year is a new year a group of seniors move on and a new group of players move up. Fremont's coaches have done a superb job taking the boys of Fremont and molding them into the athletes and competitors that we seen play yesterday. What impressed me the most was the confidence the boys played with even through the mistakes and penalties they stayed focused. Great Job Fremont!

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:57 a.m.

congrats to Fremont and to the Region 1 teams who were definitely ready to play this postseason. O-line play by Fremont was dominant last night and Bingham didn't seem to have an answer for Vigil. Now hopefully someone will knock off Lone Peak!

• jarka-rus Layton, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:50 a.m.

• ViperGuy Farside of The Moon, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:48 a.m.

@watchful eye. Lets not go there. Your QB could not hit a lone receiver on a go-route thrice! Your one-man show at Tail Back....his number was called over and over and each and every time he got a nice hot cup of Fremont D-line & Linebacker-guy!

Bingham nation you have such a storied program and on this day Fremont won. Lets not trivialize this Fremont win as a "Bingham Mistake" errr "Bingham Underclassman" yada yada yada.

My last memory of Bingham High will be the polynesian mother standing high on the bleachers cheering non-stop for her team. As the tearful Miners walked off the field that same mother thanked the team in her loudest voice for a wonderful season. Thats the Bingham I choose to remember.....and not the questionable jawing that has occurred on these forums.......binghamalum congrats as your comments from the last many weeks provided fuel for the Fremont Team to go out and dig even deeper then the once great Bingham Miners.

"Resting on your laurels is as dangerous as resting when you are walking in the snow. You doze off and die in your sleep."

Ludwig Wittgenstein

• watchfuleye Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:24 a.m.

Two pretty well-matched teams fighting it out. Difference was too many mistakes by the Bingham QB.

• ViperGuy Farside of The Moon, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 9:13 a.m.

Please que Randy Travis song: "I Told You So! Congrats Fremont! The Vigil opening fumble took all my optimism for the game and flushed it down the drain....forgive me for doubting you. Funny how an individuals misfortune can turn into a catalyst for a "personal-best" performance. Nick was very gracious in giving the O-line the credit, what a class-act!

Oddly enough I was greatly impressed by the Miners fans! What a very nice group of people. It was sad to not see a huge turn out of Miners Students? Maybe some one can reveal what happened there. Daniel P. #24 took an absolute "beating" during the game and continued to go in play after play......what an impressive athlete. Big difference between Miner fans in person and the ones that live in cyber-space.

Fremont D-Line: Luke, Jake, Jordan & Nick.....you guys are stuff of legends! Nothing glamorous but a game of hard work. Luke Hollingsworth's pursuit and ability to swim the line is unmatched in the country....he is definitely the next Clay Matthews!

Fremont..tighten up your secondary, & stop relying on a RH QB to roll-out to his left!

• Gotitans! SYRACUSE, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:48 a.m.

Good job Fremont!!!! way to show how Region one gets things done!! Excited for the rematch next week at RES!

• owlmaster2 Kaysville, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:47 a.m.

Fantastic Fremont.. congratulations!!! Now it's up to Fremont to humble Syracuse.....

• Adam Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:26 a.m.

RE: Gunner

It always amazes me that a school with 100 plus football players can have a team with "sll the younger kids playing for Bingham" as you put it. What happened did last years Juniors all quit the team? Did they not get coached up? Did some favors come due to a bunch of parents? If there are a bunch of juniors starting, which I bet is a much smaller percentage than seniors, it doesn't matter. They are all varsity players from Bingham, one of the biggest schools in Utah. Now if you were from a 4A or smaller school I'd understand, but not Bingham.
    Your post was professional and in context. It's just that I'm tired of reading or hearing any parent, fan, or coach using underclassmen as a crutch in any fashion from schools like Bingham, Lone Peak, Alta etc. They are huge schools.

• Timp South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 5:53 a.m.

I'm surprised..

Every year in the playoffs a new team's fan base starts chirping about how they'll take down Bingham, Alta or Timpview and every year seems like they go down pitifully.. (don't think Syracuse talked this year)

But, Fremont lived up to the talk and pulled it off so congrats..

Now the important thing is to not act like you just won the state title like Springville did last year and concentrate on the semi's. Otherwise, you'll share Springville's similar fate (maybe without the follow up 1-9 year).

• swishh15 Roosevelt, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 1:47 a.m.

Can't wait for Vigil to become an Aggie!! He definitely chose the right place.

• SilverWolf Hooper, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:57 a.m.

And the silence is deafening . . .

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:53 a.m.

Looks like Fremont came out with a good game plan. Very impressive that they came out and were determined to run the ball when that is usually Bingham's strength. Maybe with all the younger kids playing for Bingham, this will be a good lesson for next year's team. Thanks for a fun season Bingham. Congrats to Fremont also!

• Adam Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:52 a.m.

How nice it is to have Bingham, Alta, and Juan Diego out of the playoffs and off the comment boards!

• kokua KAYSVILLE, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:38 a.m.

Titans & Wolves from region #1 nice. I do not hear all the noise about the Salt Lake Valley 5A dominance, crickets yep crickets.

We have Lone peak from Utah County, the Titans from Davis county, the Wolves from Weber County and owe yeah only one school from the Salt Lake Valley dominate 5A schools.

Some times you need to wait for your chickens to hatch.

• Dylan OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:30 a.m.

Syracuse next!!:) we got this baby!!! way to be jordan, nick, luke, jake, and everyone else!!

• Big Pappy west jordan, utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:16 a.m.

Wow. Sounds like a great Game.

• kokua KAYSVILLE, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:13 a.m.

Terrific, knocking off the all star team of the Salt Lake Valley, very cool in deed.

These country boys up there in Plain City, Farr West and Slatterville belong to there community they did not all transfer over and around other schools to find a program they all are born and raised local talent nice work Wolves.

What happened to all the Salt Lake dominance that was predicted to own the 5A State brackets. What Crickets I hear.

• Playa Hata Bluffdale, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 12:11 a.m.

Good to see both Bingham and Alta out. Alot of good teams around the state. Bingham only fell 8 years short of tying Skylines consecutive seasons in the semis streak. Keep that in mind when you start calling certain programs "the new Skyline". Is Fremont the new Skyline now?

• silverwolf2 CLEARFIELD, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:29 p.m.

Way to be Fremont! Amazing game!! Defense did awesome! Way to show em how its done! #31 is a stud!

• Northridgefan5 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:57 p.m.

Where are the Bingham fans? Sorry, but I told you it would happen! Way to go Fremont! Great job representing one tough Region One!