U.S. & World

Herman Cain points at Rick Perry, who accuses Mitt Romney

Comments

• radically_independent Orem, Utah
    Nov. 5, 2011 8:43 p.m.

Boy, I don't know. I was listening to Rush last Monday and he said it had to be a liberal because a conservative wouldn't do this... and as we know, by his own words, Rush is almost never wrong.

So case settled, a liberal did this.

• Tyler Ray Taylorsville, UT
    Nov. 5, 2011 1:59 p.m.

I have no idea whether the allegations against Cain are true, but I definitely think he has surrounded himself with a weak staff. As for Perry, he's ALWAYS blaming Romney. I'm having a hard time not judging candidates by the way they compose themselves and Romney is the only A+ in my book.

• worf Mcallen, TX
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:42 p.m.

It was Hillary Clinton.

• Furry1993 Clearfield, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:03 a.m.

Cain is playing the blame game and, in the process, is trying to divert attention from the allegations against him. Sad.

• ksampow Farr West, Utah
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:23 a.m.

Easy for Cain to deny what his accusers are required to keep silent about under the terms of the settlement. How can you deny what you have paid your victims to not tell?

• Kyna WEST JORDAN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:23 a.m.

I know who did it. We've all had interaction with him. You can find him on every playground in America. His name is "NOT ME", although there is a small chance it was "I DON'T KNOW". Honestly - does it really matter at this point who said what? Have we really come to a place in our political system, where it is important to know who tattled? The blame game is nothing but a chance to sling mud at the front runners. Lets move on.

• AZ Border Dude Naco, AZ
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:00 a.m.

Perry let the Pastor off because the target of the non-Christian remark was Romney. But he didn't have sense enough to see it also applied to a huge protion of the electorate he needs to win. Non-Christian also applies to Jews, Muslims and a whole heard of other Asian and Middle-Eastern religions. So, these folks can rightly see that he supports a slam on their beliefs as well. Further, the remarks about Romney and the two illegal immigrant issues blew up in his face when the facts showed Romney didn't hire the illegal workers (in fact the contract required tehy not use them) and the Romney policy for Massachusetts health care did not cover them; but his successor changed the rules so they would. Two facts that Perry's Campaign Staff should have discoverd before he shot of his mouth. So, is he at it again? One simple rule that all barnyard bullies never follow, if you accuse someone you better have your facts straight. The victim of your accusations will always win in the end.

• GAmom Athens, GA
    Nov. 4, 2011 8:58 a.m.

Regan's 11th commandment--Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. The winners in all this will be the democrats who will slip by while these guys are fighting among themselves.

• Tekakaromatagi Dammam, Saudi Arabia
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:00 a.m.

O what a tangled web we weave and what a huge mess we've got. The Republicans are imploding. If I was a Democrat I wouldn't even like this. It isn't good to have a one-party system even when nothing is preventing us from having a two party system except that the second party wants to nominate ideologues who give us great-sounding 10 second sound bites. 9-9-9.

• don17 Temecula, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:22 p.m.

How about an entirely different senario. Herman Cain's campaign plants the story about itself. Results: 1. Makes Perry look bad, and before the Iowa caucases cements his backing with the tea party and the Christian Right! 2. Dramactically increases Cain's fundraising by those sympathetic to his position. 3. Leaves Perry to be accused, who then turns around and attacks Romney as doing it without any proof! Just because of his dislike for the non-Christian Right canindate. 4. Makes Perry look all the more desperate again solidifying Herman Cain's position as the leading far right Republican! Who knows! Other than that three women have claimed that a certain past CEO of Godfathers Pizza and the National Restaurant Association may have had some sort of possible issue regarding harrassement? Maybe! The more up in the air Iowa is with all the Christian Right pandering canindates the more divided that vote will be when Mitt Romney walks away with the State of Iowa and then onto New Hampshire! By then Huntsman, Perry, Johnson, Bachmann, and Santorum will all be gone!

• atl134 Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:21 p.m.

@VIDAR

There are a lot of valid criticisms of Herman Cain. Lack of experience, lack of foreign policy knowledge, his horrendous tax policy plans... but his pizza chain being 9th is just about the last thing i care about. Heck, I'm surprised that it's 9th, I thought it was lower by virtue of the fact that I never heard of it until this campaign.

• Christy Beaverton, OR
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:23 p.m.

Oh, dear.

It's hard to believe, that in this, the year 2011, there are people on the internets who are, at the very, very least, unfamiliar with the google machine. You can type the words 'Clinton impeachment' into this nifty thing called a 'search engine' and find out endless information about the subject.

You can also type the words 'Republican sex scandals' into the search engine and come up with an awful lot of contenders.

I guess it would make sense that a person who didn't know all this could still think that one party is all bad and the other, all good.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington, DC
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:22 p.m.

Just a bunch of mindless political rhetoric.

Please wake up and realize that our country has been taken over by offshore mega banks who are bent on destroying freedom everywhere and that every candidate except Ron Paul has sold out to them and will sell you out if you are foolish enough to vote for them. Obama is also a sellout.

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 8:45 p.m.

TRUTH: To be impeached means to be brought up on charges. In Clinton's case it was, following the Constitution, to the Senate. He WAS impeached by the House, but was not convicted by the Senate's vote, and so was not removed from office. And that's the truth.

• Gregg Weber SEATTLE, WA
    Nov. 3, 2011 8:26 p.m.

Ever watch "Yes Minister" or "Yes Prime Minister"? Do you have the suspicion that there is a Sir Humphrey working for his own agenda to help the liberals instead of the conservative (or at least Republican) candidate who is paying him/her?
    I haven't made a study of it but I wonder if the advisors seem to go from candidate to candidate like mercenaries with little apparent allegiance. Some might stick to one set of principles but I don't know if the almighty buck or the opportunity to help one's (hidden liberal?) agenda is a factor.
    I could be paranoid and/or wrong and see mostly the conservative errors and not notice the liberal errors.
    What do you think? Are there liberal saboteurs and provocateurs in the conservatives ranks?

• DSB Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 7:45 p.m.

Although I'm disappointed at some of the "dirty laundry," I'm certainly not tired of hearing it. I want to hear anything that's true about every candidate, so I can measure them up and make an informed decision.

If untrue accusations are made against one candidate, let the leakers and accusers be exposed and their dishonesty factored into the measurement of their candidacy.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 7:34 p.m.

The reason for such ugliness on the Republican side amongst the candidates is that they KNOW Obama is toast. The person who wins the GOP primary wins the White House.

• xscribe Colorado Springs, CO
    Nov. 3, 2011 7:09 p.m.

This is hilarious!

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 6:58 p.m.

Ann Coulter referred to Cain as "Our Blacks" as if they were people to be owned, quite telling of how they view people who aren't white as property and people to be controlled still. She speaks as though anyone Republican isn't capable of committing sexual harassment or cheating on their wife by "Hiking the Appalachian Trail" or getting busted for soliciting action with another man in a Minnesota restroom.

• okie BIXBY, OK
    Nov. 3, 2011 6:30 p.m.

This makes me even more determined to vote for someone who stands for integrity and doing what is right. It is not what goes in a person's mouth that defiles them, but what comes out. Look at a person's contenance can tell you a lot about the person. May we get on to the important things that America needs and that is honest men of integrity and values that stand firm, we need a controlled budget, leaders that are accountable for spending the tax dollars,a strong military, and jobs for Americans. We need leaders that keep their word and it means something to them. If you want to find fault, get out of the race, I am tired of hearing about everyones dirty laundry.

• A1994 Centerville, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 6:18 p.m.

I look at the title of this story and, for reason, I hear the theme song from Benny Hill.

• YouthforEagar MONROE, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:45 p.m.

Herman Cain is going to play the blame game instead of owing up to his own mistakes.

• l.cee Ridgefield, WA
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:40 p.m.

I wonder how the Koch brothers and their Americans for Prosperity group are doing now that their "poster guy" Cain is falling from grace. Who will the brothers back next? Will there be a surprise candidate they have waiting in the wings?

• lronl Idaho Falls, ID
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:32 p.m.

Cain's accusations about who leaked the information about his alleged sexual harrasment is his way of diverting the attention away from the real issues of this situation--what did Mr. Cain do, and why did at least three women feel strongly enough about his alleged inappropriate actions to apparently leave their jobs so they wouldn't have to be around him anymore. I feel there must have been some pretty serious things happen, that Cain's attorneys would feel the need to pay two of these women a total of $80,000 to keep their mouths shut. I'm also really bothered by the way Cain's story keeps changing. Is this the kind of President we want in these troubled times? Cain is just plain "not ready for prime time." By the way, I'm certainly not an Obama fan by any stretch, but these alleged misdeeds of Cain didn't happen when he was an immature young man--these things occurred when he was at least as old as Obama is now. In other words plenty old enough to know better.

• mattwend IDAHO FALLS, ID
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:10 p.m.

I'm afraid they sound like squabbling children. Mom, he told on me for what I did wrong. I hope Romney's campaign has chosen to not respond.

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt Beverly Hills, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:09 p.m.

The Perry camp has emails showing they came up with the anti Mormon strategy so this attack on Cain is not surprising at all. There is a settlement here so if the guy was innocent he wouldn't have settled. As the ultra conservative saying goes: He would need lawyer or a settlement of he was innocent.

• Ms Molli Bountiful, Utah
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:51 p.m.

Oh what happened to all the finger pointing by so many posters that the Democrats were responsible for airing this dirty laundry!! How many are tasting their shoes about now! :)

• Arm of Orion Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:48 p.m.

This fiasco and moment of Joker-esque insanity is evidence of the Republican's skill in snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. I some times wonder if the Clown Prince of Crime isn't the real leader behind the Republican party.

• JustGordon Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:45 p.m.

As I had previously stated, concerning the question of LDS presidential candidates versus the Christian right, that Republicans would soon be eating each other. Here's just another example of them turning on each other.

The more important point is that Cain had the association, he was the president of, pay off two different women and required them to keep silence with non disclosure statements. Now a third woman emerges with similar allegations.

If this was baseball, this is his third and final strike. Cain would and maybe should be out.

• DSB Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:41 p.m.

@one old man - personally I actually like Huntsman, but I can imagine a lot of sensible American adults having reservations about voting for a high school dropout whose history of finishing what he started is worse than Sarah Palin, and who is largely viewed as achieving much of his status by riding his father's coattails, and who thinks Obama is a "remarkable leader."

But, obviously you have the singular pathway to sensible voting.

• yarrlydarb Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Cain as well as Perry are clowns -- absolutely not presidential material.

Besides that, Cain's guilty; I'd put money one it.

• one old man Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:31 p.m.

How could any sensible American adult vote for any of the candidates the Republican party has out there right now -- other than possibly Huntsman. But he won't pass the Tea Test.

• Instereo Eureka, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:28 p.m.

Cain accuses Perry, Perry accuses Romney, all of this comes as no surprise. Besides I'm sure the rest of the GOP thinks it's Obama's fault.

• LetsDebate PLEASANT GROVE, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:21 p.m.

@VIDAR - I have little doubt that if Cain continues to ride high among the candidates, at some point the growth and profitability of Godfathers Pizza under his leadership will come to light. Maybe it will reflect well on him, and maybe it won't, but one thing is certain - your list proves absolutely nothing, and is given without any context. It's highly irrelevant to merely cite it's position as 9th among pizza chains. I never heard of Godfathers Pizza until I moved to Utah from the East.

But, you're saying a pizza executive isn't good enough for America unless he has overtaken Pizza Hut as #1 in the country? Did George Bush's baseball teams win the World Series more times than the Yankees? Did Reagan win more Oscars than anyone else? Was Arkansas the #1 state in anything during Clinton's governance? Were any of George H.W. Bush's oil companies the largest in the world? Obama never so much as ran a lemonade stand, so if executive success is your measuring stick, I assume you're not supporting him.

I think your standard for Cain is ridiculously and impossibly high.

• ClarkKent Bountiful, Utah
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:21 p.m.

The Republican Party is a joke.

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:18 p.m.

RE: LetsDebate | 3:28 p.m. Nov. 3, 2011

OK I looked it up, when Cain was named CEO in 1986 they were #5, he stepped down in 2002.
    now they are 9th.
    Either way he did not pull them up to #1
    Like I said, if he can not pull a pizza company up, how can he pull up our country?

• SpanishImmersed Mesa, AZ
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:15 p.m.

This is the typical vetting process, and like what was mentioned above, its very telling to observe how each candidate handles the situation.

I'm pretty sure every candidate has skeletons in the closet, none of them are perfect.

Some folks were offended or rejected his awkward advances, and got paid $35,000 for their troubles. At least, he hasn't been accused of rape yet.

We'll see if he can ride the storm out, but usually media accusations before an election are the end of campaigns.

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:15 p.m.

'Why is it Conservatives have this all trumpeted and "FOUL BALL" "Dirty Scoundral" is always herolded by the press when they do it?' - CougarKeith | 2:29 p.m. Nov. 3, 2011

*'Gingrich pressed on affair' - 02/23/11 - CNN
    "You adamantly oppose gay rights... but you've also been married three times and admitted to having an affair with your current wife while you were still married to your second," Friedman said....'

*'Nevada senator, facing ethics probe, says he'll resign' - NBC News - 04/21/11
    'Republican Ensign admitted having an affair with wife of one of his aides'

*(Mark) Sanford Admits Affair After Secret Argentina Trip' - 06/24/09 - Fox News
    'Sanford's staff initially told reporters he had left town Thursday to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail...'

*'Sen. Vitter Apologizes for His Link to 'D.C. Madam' - By JAKE TAPPER - ABC News - 07/10/2007
    "This was a very serious sin in my past for which I am, of course, completely responsible," Vitter said Monday evening in a printed statement."

Oh.

I apologize.

You meant this question to be rhetorical.

David Vitter.

Still in office.

• Christy Beaverton, OR
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:51 p.m.

TRUTH | 1:11 p.m. Nov. 3, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT

Sexual Harassment? How bad can it be.....?

Can't be any worse than Bill Clinton, and he got a pass and today is hailed by the left as the First Black President! Slick Willy got away with horrendous behavior and brought shame to the entire USA....when the truth finally comes out, Cain's history will pale in comparison to Clinton, bank on it and the smear by the Media will once again show the hypocrisy!

==========

Hypocrisy? What do you call Newt Gingrich cheating on his wife while leading a witch hunt to crucify Bill Clinton for doing the exact same thing?

And Clinton did not get a pass, he was impeached.

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:46 p.m.

re: LetsDebate | 3:28 p.m. Nov. 3, 2011

What I remember is that godfather pizza used to be bigger, and now you hardly hear from them.
    When was the last time there was a godfathers pizza commercial?
    they are #9 in the country in total number of stores.
    this is way less then the top two
    Anything but #1 is not enough.
    At this point we need a champion.
    My point is if he can not make a pizza chain #1, how can he fix the country in the mess it is in?

• LetsDebate PLEASANT GROVE, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:28 p.m.

VIDAR - why don't you give us some relevant numbers? How many locations did Godfathers' Pizza have before Cain took over? What was their corporate value when he took over versus when he left? What kind of growth and profitability did Godfathers see during his tenure? For all I know, Godfathers was 54th when he took the helm, or 9th but leaking money in a sinking ship. What does your little list tell us besides a meaningless, out of context snapshot of comparative corporate size? What proof do you have that he didn't pull Godfathers up the pizza ladder by a tremendous amount?

I don't know the answers to those questions either, but I've certainly got more depth of thought than to draw an illogical conclusion over a list like that. I'll take a highly successful CEO of a regional pizza chain any day over a community organizer with nothing more than unproven economic theories and wishful dreams.

• Lilljemalm Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:20 p.m.

Perry's response shows that he's too imature to hold public office.

• Mark B Eureka, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:20 p.m.

I don't know who was harassed or how, and I don't know who leaked the story, just like every other poster here. But given the odd things Cain has already put on the record, I would think that the Democrats would LOVE for him to be the nominee. They would not, I believe, launch any attacks on Cain unless he became the nominee.

• Dart Thrower Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:19 p.m.

Just let the women speak (an there are now three of them) and Cain can defend himself. If it is all just a misunderstanding, then he can move on. If this was a real issue and these women were paid to settle a sexual harassment case, then Cain can run with that albatross around his neck.

• Furry1993 Clearfield, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:19 p.m.

I remember an adage my parents used with me when I was a child -- "When you point your finger at someone, three more point back at you". In this case, the three fingers pointing back at Cain indicate who caused the problem in the first place.

• Jim Mesa, Az
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:10 p.m.

It isn't so much as who did what, but how the situation is handled. As president of this great country, you can bet you bottom dollar, that more significant events than this will happen. For example if a country is invaded, would time be spent on blaming, or how about the current economic disaster, will valuable time be spent on it wasn't my fault ma, he made me...right. A candidates, true worth irrespective of what political party he or she represents if found when they demonstrate how they handle the big stage.

• williary Kearns, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:07 p.m.

@CougarKeith

Step away from the ledge, close the doors and windows, sit back down on the couch, put your tin foil hat back on, and just listen to the soothing melodies of Fox News. That should calm you right back down.

Such a waste of time discussing which party has the biggest slimbags. Too long a list on both sides. Yes, even for the god-fearing, church-going, good ole boys from the Republican party.

I love the Republicans who fear the evil Liberal media, yet worship every word Fox News spouts on his air. The same Fox News whose leadership is being investigated for hacking in to cell phone records of dead people.

Morality is a street Conservatives like to take about driving on, yet choose to take a different road.

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:39 p.m.

"Your party is in the process of eating its own, while President Obamas approval rating jumps six points in a week"

bgl:

his approval rating is like the stock market - up one day, and way down the next.

With help from the Navy Seals he killed OBL. Give me one other reason to re-elect BHO.

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:33 p.m.

Surprised by cain playing the blame game. And even worse for Perry. Neither of those two are mature enough to be president. Obama's christmas wish is for Perry to win the nomination.

• CougarKeith Roy, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:29 p.m.

Clinton got elected, Ted Kenedy, John Edwards ran for President long before his "Love Child" was leaked to the public the media knew about it. Why is it Conservatives have this all trumpeted and "FOUL BALL" "Dirty Scoundral" is always herolded by the press when they do it? Yet Kenedy kills a woman in his car, Clinton gets oral sex in the oval office, has another affair discovered, denies it, still later admits it, and he is the Sweetheart and Champion of the Democratic Party? Ted Kenedy drives totally inebriated, is responsible for the death of a woman who was in his car, the Kenedys try to cover it up, and he still gets elected to the Senate, and gets elected over and over and over again with this and other sexual scandals hanging over his head? Go figure??? John Edwards private life and LOVE CHILD is hidden by the media for months before it is forced to report the story? Is something wrong with this picture? Obama stands a VERY GOOD CHANCE of being a Muslim, and a SOCIALIST and born in another country and it is pushed off! Something is wrong with this picture AMERICA!!!

• Fred44 Salt Lake City, Utah
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:23 p.m.

I am waiting to see Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity apologize for accusing the President of leaking this information. I am sure being the fine upstanding Americans that they are, I will hear it tonight on Hannitiy's show. The republicans are doing a marvelous job of giving President Obama another four years. Jon Huntsman is the best candidate they have, but the radical right will not even consider him.

• majmajor Layton, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:12 p.m.

Having no inside information, I would suspect Perry's campaign as the trouble makers. He has been nothing but a loser with a negative campaign from the beginning. They appear to be a member of the party of one. They come across as saying, If you dont think/believe how I do, you are a RINO. Minorities need not apply.

I would vote for 4-more-years of Obama before voting for Perry. Isn't a smart as W, and would be worse for the Republican Party.

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:12 p.m.

added to previous comment

From PMQ pizza magazine:

We'll just give you the Top 20 from that list (and the number of units/locations):

Pizza Hut: 14,759
    Fox's Pizza Den: 315
    California Pizza Kitchen: 239
    Simple Simon's Pizza: 227
    Uno Chicago Grill: 225

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:09 p.m.

What a pathetic group of candidates the repubs have to choose from. I believe I must be having a bad dream. There is one and one only that even comes close to qualifying for the office they all want and that is Jon Huntsman. This man is heads & shoulders more qualified than everyone of the rest of the crumbs called candidates. Problem is the crazy righties who are so far out in right field they won't even consider him. What a sickening mess they have made of politics. Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Trump, and dozens of other likes have their party in a gutter full of poison! Unbelievable.

• VIDAR Murray, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:09 p.m.

he said/she said, without a criminal conviction, its all a bunch of rumor.
    He is the problem I have with Cain becoming the president:
    Cain was CEO of Godfathers Pizza, Godfathers is #9 in pizza sales in the country. The top two pizza hut over 20x, and dominos over 10x better then godfathers (sales, employees ect..)
    IF CAIN CAN NOT PULL A PIZZA CHAIN UP, HOW CAN HE FIX OUR COUNTRY?
    Pizza Hut: 14,759
    Domino's Pizza: 8,641
    Papa John's Pizza: 3,238
    Little Caesars: 2,000
    Noble Roman's Pizza: 1,400
    Casey's Carry-Out Pizza: 1355
    Papa Murphy's Take 'N' Bake Pizza: 1,073
    Sbarro's Italian Eatery: 1,040
    Godfather's Pizza: 656
    Cici's Pizza: 631

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:09 p.m.

Cain to Perry to Romney...

Baseless charges?

An adjudicated result with a finanical settlement is a baseless charge?

If the charges are true?

They are not "charges". This was settled in the 90's.

When the truth comes out?

Cain was accused. His accuser was given a cash settlement.

Smear by the media?

An accusation followed by a cash settlement is a smear?

Clinton's behavior was inexcusable.

So, we excuse Cain because Clinton was a pig?

It's ok, for Cain, to be a pig, because Clinton was a pig?

Oh brother.

• Eddie Syracuse, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:08 p.m.

The sad part is that the Cain accusations (if true) are the standard for the Democratic party and when it happens they just move on like it is nothing, because to them it is nothing.

• Happy Valley Heretic Orem, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:05 p.m.

brs27 said:

Yes, make sure and blame Obama for something you think he might do?

If they were baseless, why pay people 10's of thousands of dollars to not talk about it?
    Cause honest people pay people to not talk about what didn't happen.

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:03 p.m.

Rick Perry has all of my confidence and respect. It appears as though his main strategy to win is to throw dirt on others - the Obama strategy. Perry seems to be really mean spirited during the debates as well.

• bgl Santa Monica, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:59 p.m.

Very telling that, on this thread--people only talked about who ratted who out. It's now common knowledge that Herman Cain was involved in a settlement centering around his sleazy behavior toward women. Only about two on this thread thought that was worth discussing. It seems as if Republicans are much more interested in what "someone" leaked, rather than the probability that it's awful behavior that was going to come out sooner or later anyway. Three women have come forward to say that your leading candidate is not the family man he claims and you want the head of who "leaked" it. Your party is in the process of eating its own, while President Obamas approval rating jumps six points in a week.

• williary Kearns, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:50 p.m.

Are these guys back in Junior High?

Yeah, I can't wait for one of these 3 to "lead" America.

Wow. What a joke the Republican field is.

I love how Cain now says he briefed a Perry campaign worker about a sexual harrassment suit against him while that staffer worked for Cain's previous campain! Priceless. He should really start consulting with himself to make sure he's not blatantly lying about something he said 24 hours ago!

I thought all of these allegations were lies, trumped up charges from the evil Liberal media!

And Truth, I guarantee if Cain somehow wins the nomination, and the Presidency, and can jump in and fix the messes left over by a Bush, just as Clinton did, these will be all but forgotten.

Even by the evil Liberal media, out to destroy conservatives everywhere!

• ute alumni Tengoku, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:34 p.m.

and we should believe perry? sure. he's born again and mitt is the devil.

• TRUTH Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:11 p.m.

Sexual Harassment? How bad can it be.....?

• Zola South Oakland, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:50 p.m.

I think Cain should own up. He is the only one to blame for this fiasco. You remember when he said poor people are to blame for their problems?

• Tami Herriman, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:30 p.m.

If the charges are true, I don't care who leaked it. I want to know these things. I only care about "tattle-telling" if it is not true and so far I haven't heard anything from Cain that leads me to believe they are not true.

• morpunkt Glendora, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:09 p.m.

Perry's campaign is now very desperate. If emails or other evidence comes out, proving it's true, Perry will be permanently sunk.
    How pathetic.

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:02 p.m.

I've said it before - Perry's body language gives him the appearance of what I call a gutter sniper and snake in the grass. It wouldn't be beneath him to try to pull this on Cain, and furthermore, to blame Romney for it.

Perry's legacy will be bobble head dolls of his image.

• MoJules Florissant, MO
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:45 a.m.

When I first heard about this, my thought was Perry, after all, he didn't say anything about the Mormon church, but his preacher buddy did and Perry would not speak out against those comments. I really liked Perry, before I saw how he works, now he really gives me the heevy creepies. I do feel that both Cain and Romney are pretty upfront.

• brs27 Beaver, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:31 a.m.

I like Herman Cain, and if these are baseless charges I hope he continues as a viable candidate. However, I don't care which campaign (if any) leaked these issues. Barack Obama's team would definately have done it during a general election. That's why we have primaries, to ferret out all these issues and answer them before we play for keeps. It's obvious that Cain and his team need a lot of practice responding to accusations, so I say bring it on. Got more? Get it out! Let's not have any surprises down the road, and let's hone skills now that will be needed later.

• justaguy Out There in, WI
    Nov. 3, 2011 10:39 a.m.

What a comedy show. Why are people like this taken seriously? Perry has no business being on stage, Cain is showing himself to be not far behind. They both need to go back into the woodwork.

• Brian Wasilla, AK
    Nov. 3, 2011 10:30 a.m.

Nothing Perry or his people did would come as a surprise.