Sports

5A high school football preview: Bingham at Fremont

Comments

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 6:54 p.m.

Great game by both teams. So evenly matched that they could play again next week and either team could win again.

RES bound next week....I hope my voice comes back by then.

• Fremontkid OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 6:32 p.m.

I Believe... That was the game of the Year! Way to go Wolves! See ya at Rice Ecelles stadium Syracuse at 11:30 p.m.

• region1fan Bountiful, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 5:58 p.m.

So wonderful to see this happen. The talk couldn't do the walk.

• ceubball2 CLEARFIELD, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 5:55 p.m.

well bingham fans.. you were right.. the game was won by 7 points.. FOR FREMONT!!!! Go wolves:) #31! I love you!!!

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 2:35 p.m.

@jarkarus
    And thanks for not piling on that special comment.

I had thought about it ha ha, but decided against it. I figured D-News would deny it anyways.

Nov. 4, 2011 1:53 p.m.

Papi,
    Nope I don't think I'm that special to have an all state pass. I have my connections of getting in. I need a little stealth on here, so none of you come egg my house when I'm not around. LOL.

And thanks for not piling on that special comment.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 1:28 p.m.

@jarka-rus

No I work in Layton, and don't need to wait in line for a ticket. I'm special ; )

Don't tell me you have an all state pass? I can get into Fremonts home games during the season without having to wait in line, but they won't accept my special card now that the playoffs are here. Even though it says on the card that it is good for all events held there.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:37 p.m.

Not even the same kind of runner. Palepoi is a beast! 225 lbs and can move! He doesn't just run around people, he goes over and through them. Not saying they don't have a good D, but they haven't seen a back with this type of power this year.

Nov. 4, 2011 12:36 p.m.

Thanks Papi,

Yep this will be an exciting game. Thanks for the all the smack talking. Its been fun, really has. Heck if Bingham gets to that rematch against LP. I won't have any ammo to fire at them LOL!

Nov. 4, 2011 12:23 p.m.

Truesilverwolf,

I agree that isn't a great stat line, but you don't think Alta's Defense is any good? And if you would have been at the game, Palepoi hurt his knee early on. And was running on one leg all game long. I was impressed with his toughness that night. We'll see how a healthy #24 does today. And since we're stat checking. I see Vigil had 100 yds against Brighton. I am going to go out on a limb and say that Alta's D is better than Brighton's by a long shot. See ya in a few hours.

35-17

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:13 p.m.

Thank you Gunner, I wasn't at that game and haven't seen any tape of it. However, I still see Fremont winning because Fremont stopped Austin Kafentzis and other than that game he ran over most of the teams he played. Still sticking with my props.

21-17 Fremont

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:12 p.m.

@jarkarus
    Are u kidding me?? Of course I am. Leaving work about 2:30, which is another reason I love the high school playoffs!

Do you work in SLC? You won't make it there in time if you do...plus you may have to stand in line for a ticket for like 30 minutes. Last year against Skyline, people had to wait like 45 minutes in line for tickets. Just sayin. almost 3 hours till game time. Gettin excited for my boys from Fremont. Go Wolves!!

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:08 p.m.

Honestly, I dont know who is going to win! should be a fun game!

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:05 p.m.

Truesilverwolf: Did you see the Alta game? Palepoi was injured at half time! He played on 1 leg the entire 2nd half, and played sparingly at that. He didn't start the 2nd half. So 105 yards, which were mostly in 2 qtrs is a pretty impressive stat.

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:54 a.m.

I'll take you up on that as well. I'll tell you this much jarka-rus, if Fremont's D doesn't live up then I will be shocked. But if they do what I expect then you will be truly sorry. By the way, looked up some stats and Palepoi only had 105 yards on 29 carries against Alta. Terrified of that man. this will end on the field and I'm gonna say it one more time.
    21-17 Fremont

Nov. 4, 2011 11:39 a.m.

Truesilverwolf

I am looking forward to having everyone's "expert" opinions(including mine LOL) put to the test. But I know the game is being played by the teams and not me. Win or lose I will backup all the smack I have been dishing. If I eat crow then so so be it. I have before. But if Fremont's D doesn't live up to the hype, don't expect me to be quiet about it.

Good luck to both teams, both have great coaches and great kids that will give us a great football game today. 50's and a brisk breeze, can there be anything better!
    MINER PRIDE!

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:30 a.m.

Are you going to the game jarka-rus?

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:29 a.m.

Oh I'll be there for sure...... watching Fremont.

• ADIDAS Tooele County, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:28 a.m.

fbfan

I never said anything about smaller schools competing with bigger schools every week. All I said is just because you're in 5A doesn't mean your are so much more athletic than everyone else. I went to two small schools so I know what I'm talking about.

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:28 a.m.

Old Blue have you even seen Fremont play this year? If there's one thing they have managed to stop it's the running game. Yes, East tore it up on them in the first half. I can actually say this because I was there! In the secound half, however, Fremont's D tightened up and they scored once. And these boys are just getting better and better.

Fremont 21-17

• OLD_BLUE South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:21 a.m.

Hey Fremontsilverwolf come on up to RES the next two weeks and watch Bingham play. Maybe it'll help you understand how real football is played.

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 11:01 a.m.

Keep on talkin' boys cause it's the last game of the season for your team and you know it. Fremont wins this one.

Nov. 4, 2011 10:50 a.m.

Okay good we have established that the Fremont D is the Steel Curtain reincarnate. Like I said, the Bears Forte wouldn't even be able to rush on these guys. Heck I'm guessing Walter Payton would be denied in Plain City.

Well Bingham's D isn't all talk, if the weather is going to hurt Binghams passing then it certainly will also hurt Fremonts. We shall see how well Fremont runs at the strength of the Miner D. I can't wait for game time.

• OLD_BLUE South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:46 a.m.

I think the koolaid may have been spiked. If we are going to keep it on the ground it'll be Bingham by 20.

• fbfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:40 a.m.

@ADIDAS
    My kids went to a small school in Texas. My boys played non conference large schools every year. Guess what? No competition! We were good to great and won our division 3 yrs straight. Played Skyline in Dallas and lost by a ton every yr. I mean no disrespect, but don't jump on a board and toss out garbage that you know nothing about. Small schools can beat a large team but they can't compete week in and week out. The talent pool in a 5A school is deeper than all others. 5A squad may have 20+ boys running a sub 4.6 40, allowing them to play one way. Smaller schools might be lucky to have a quarter of that which requires them to play both ways and worn down early. These are facts. Not disrespect!

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:39 a.m.

With the winds forecast for today @15-20 mph the passing game is going to be minimal and Bingham will find out just how hard it is to run on Fremonts "D".

Sorry folks but there are a few other big dogs on the block this year, next year...eh, maybe not so much.

I'm starting to think Fremont by 10.

LET'S GO WOLVES!!

• runarg SOUTH JORDAN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:29 a.m.

Taylor Swift could beat Hurricanes football team lol

• Jo Momma CEDAR CITY, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:11 a.m.

Cedar could beat Bingham this year.

• OLD_BLUE South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 10:07 a.m.

Sure sounds like a lot of people have bought into the "Fremont is tough" koolaid that is being passed around here. After watching Bingham play all season I don't believe that it's going to be as close as they think.

• Jxc#1 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:52 a.m.

everyone keeps talking about east running on fremont. yes they did and i know excuses are stupid and weak... but honestly speaking Fremont played TERRIBLE up until the davis game. So against Jordan, Roy, Brighton, East ect it wasn't even close to the same Fremont squad we have seen lately. That being said Fremonts going to have to stop Palepoi which won't be an easy task, and there also gana have to get to the Bingham QB a few times. Meanwhile Bingham will have to figure out how to stop Fremonts D which has been very solid lately. I think this will be the best game of the playoffs and whoever wins this toss up will meat LP in the championship (unless someone upsets LP which i wouldn't say was possible but we all saw what happened to alta so anything can happen). Good luck to both teams you'll find me on the front row cheering for fremont and i hope our boys are mentally ready for this game so it will be a good one. peace.

Nov. 4, 2011 9:46 a.m.

BT1984

Wow ugly back in the day is sounds like. haaha Granger has a nice new field now.

Yep today is looking like a perfect day for fall playoff football. Can't wait!!

Go Miners.

• BT1984 West Jordan, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:39 a.m.

Jarka-rus, I've seen fields worse than Fremont's in wet weather. Bingham's game at Granger in 1994 was in horrible conditions and we got stomped into the mud that night. Freezing rain made that and the Layton game two weeks later miserable for everyone. Way back in 1982, when I was on the team at Bingham, we went to Hillcrest for a play-in game against Taylorsville. Their stadium is a bowl and had no drainage that I could tell. The visitor's sideline seemed to be the lowest point in the stadium and that's where we were.
    It was raining and the temperature was in the mid-thirties. There was standing water several inches deep all along that sideline. The weather didn't improve much by the time we went up to Bonneville later that week.
    I'll be there today. Others may complain but, to an old Minnesota farm boy like me THIS ISN'T COLD.

Nov. 4, 2011 9:25 a.m.

Papi,

Just stating the facts, not trying to cause trouble. I was on Bingham's sidelines and I obviously knew where this person was sitting. I didn't hear him I could just see him sitting their with his arms folded, not cheering or anything like he was before. I do have good enough eyesight to see across a football field. Just saying that fans on both sides aren't just choir boys like you think.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 9:05 a.m.

@jarkarus
    He was pretty quiet once the beat down was on I remember.

How would you remember unless you were sitting right next to him? It's not like we were in a noisy college football stadium or anything like that. I'm sure you heard him with your supersonic hearing power that only Bingham fans have.

Stop trying to cause trouble jarkarus and I'll see you at the game.

Nov. 4, 2011 9:02 a.m.

Hmmmm markymark brings up a great point!

East rushed for 226 yds against this vaunted D we all keep hearing about. Fremont only rushed for 185 yds. I like Palepoi's chances today.

• ADIDAS Tooele County, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 8:46 a.m.

FBfan.. you should go to a smaller school before you judge. Atleast give some respect.

Nov. 4, 2011 8:10 a.m.

Papi,

I know for a fact Baker #8 that played for Bingham last year. Remember he along with #56 took out your QB. He was replying to comments from a fan sitting in the 3-4 row ,and this person was with his kids, on about the 30 yard line before the game. You must have super hero hearing to be able to hear every person that was on the Fremont side. He was pretty quiet once the beat down was on I remember.

• fbfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 7:54 a.m.

@ADIDAS
    Just because you're 5A doesn't make you bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than smaller schools. It just means you have more athletes to choose from. I wish some people would figure this out instead of just bashing on smaller schools! One thing smaller schools can say they have more of then bigger schools is heart and pride!

I say, Yes it does! Put your small school up against a power 5A squad and you will be out of players by half time. 5A has more athletes to choose from who are bigger, faster, and stronger. On any givin Friday night, Bingham, Northridge, Alta, Fremont, Davis, LP etc. will pull in 5000+ fans, Sorry, small schools are lower category for a reason.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 7:50 a.m.

Well, since I don't know or trust this Baker Pritchard that you speak of, then I can't trust him. Trust is something that is earned, not just given to total strangers. That's when bad things happen.

Nov. 4, 2011 7:48 a.m.

Northridgefan5

I will be surprised if Fremont can run up the middle, to the left or to the right. Bingham D is easily better than Fremont's. Funny how a "north ridge fan" would watch again the LP/Bingham game on DVR. Must really like being able to watch a real team.

Nov. 4, 2011 7:45 a.m.

Papi,

Ask Baker Pritchard if fans were yelling stuff. He would say yes.

• Moog SLC, UT
    Nov. 4, 2011 12:01 a.m.

@Brwilson25
    Funny you should mention being cut out. I had to modify and resubmit 3 times to get my zinger post approved. It makes ringing Pavlovs bell so much more rewarding. And fun to read the predictable resulting posts.

Bingham: 42
    Fremont: considerably less

• markymark HERRIMAN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:56 p.m.

East ran straight up the middle, and I guarantee Bingham runs the ball 10 times better than east.

• ADIDAS Tooele County, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:39 p.m.

• Northridgefan5 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 10:38 p.m.

I'm so glad I don't have to listen to the Fremont/Bingham banter anymore. Game time is coming quick. I just watched the Bingham-Lonepeak game on DVR again. All I can say is the Fremont D looks ALOT better than LP's d. I'm going with the home team by 7. Fremont 28 Bingham 21 I have seen the Fremont D in person. Tough linemen and tough linebackers! If Bingham finds a way to run up the middle I will be shocked.

• Brwilson25 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:32 p.m.

I have a feeling a lot of more people commented to @Moog but i am sure they were cut out! But Moog if you need anything at the game tomorrow please let me know, I'll be sure and send my personal trainer over to help you out. Sorry this game wasn't scheduled for your sake! Its interesting how your the only one with a busy schedule, UHSAA should of thought of you before letting the Region #1 champs have a home game. Again i am excited to watch these two teams battle. But we all should even be more excited that Moog is going to come even though life has him so busy!

LETS GO FREMONT!!!!

• Brwilson25 OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:19 p.m.

And I guess I better make some crazy prediction for tomorrows game, I loose myself getting heated over what some people say, but at the end of the day its fun to talk some smack! But tomorrow will end Fremont 27 Bingham 24. And you will see Luke Hollingsworth have a huge game on defense and put in some good yards on offense!

And the last thing, Fremont has the talent to win the game, but anyone who watches the game will realize fremont could use a little better Offensive Coordinator, I like Coach B. and his Staff but a lot of fremonts offensive troubles will come from the man calling the shots in booth.

But all that said I am excited for the game tomorrow not only to watch fremont, but watch the athletes Bingham has. Good luck to both sides!!!!!

• razorback South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 7:59 p.m.

@Moog

Believe it or not, as far away as Fremont is from Bingham, it's just as far from Fremont to Bingham so somebody has to make the drive. At least neither of the teams is in southern Utah - they have reason to complain.

Fremont is home because they won their region and we didn't. That simple and nothing to be fixed. Standard seeding even in the NFL.

I just hope that the visitors' section has reasonable capacity. We went to AF this year and the visitors' bleachers were only about twenty yards wide. Needless to say Bingham filled it up even on a cold rainy night.

• Geeber South Jordan, utah
    Nov. 3, 2011 6:56 p.m.

JoMomma pineapple really.
    And dream on Hurricane would not beat Bingham. Get real.
    Can't wait for tomorrows game (miners vs Silverwolves). The team with the fewest mistakes wins. A little weather would be fun, feels more like football then. I love the drive.
    8^}

• Fremontsilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:55 p.m.

REALLY!!!
    Whining about the drive to Plain City?!?! Boo Hoo! Maybe you should stay home because you might get cold.

As mentioned the westside will be packed and loud. This game is even at this point, could go either way, but it WILL go to Wolves.

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 5:03 p.m.

Sorry the comment from the Bingham fan was just rediculous, I mean you think becuase of the awesome field we should just get it handed to us?

Oh my you have to reschedule appointment to get someone to push you to help your self work out way to go!! solid selfish bingham fan right there,

Fremonts only 50 minutes from Bingham! Its west of I 15 in a tiny town of Plain City Utah! HA it even has water towars!

Livin in Perry, went there many times! ha ITS def out there!
    Amazing they get talent there, and not at Weber. Shocks me kinda!

Fremonts field in bad weather is top 3 worst in the state. I saw so many Box elder fremont games there, and after 2000, Bingham there, and it was horrible.

Slight chance of Rain and snow, and 30mph winds!!

Hopefully its just 3-0 Bingham, because I agree, get to Lail and Bingham will be in trouble. Cant ride Palepoi the whole day!

still the prediction is 24-17! Common Miners!

PS Desnews, you better have this game online for followers not wanting to go to Fremont! Fremont section will be PACKED! HUGELY!

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:46 p.m.

@jarka-rus
    Papi,
    don't knock Bingham's stadium until you've been there, it is pretty nice as high school stadiums go in Utah. Lot better than what they had before, when the sidelines turned to mud in any rainstorm.

Just an fyi...I have been there many times. I played against Bingham all 3 years in high school. And just because they have the money from private donations to get a turf field and jumbotron doesn't mean that they should never have to play an away game. If they wanna play playoff games at home, tell them to win their region.

• Goldendomer Holladay, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 4:43 p.m.

Smack talk -o- the day goes to "JOMAMMA"!

Yes your Tigers beat my Mighty Eagles, yes I have mad respect for Hurricane and yes, I have you guys taking State in 3A. But beating Bingham and the likes of Alta, Lone Peak, Jordan, Freemont and Logan for that matter... Not a chance.

With the recent growth of the Utah's southern cities the jump in talent from 3A to 4A is not that big. The jump in talent between 4A and 5A is massive! Believe me, being a life long Skyline fan I know this very well. The only lower classification team out there that could run with the 5A big boys this year is Logan and Im not to sure they wouldnt take the whole thing.

I think it would be so cool if the 5A champ played the 4A champ while the 3A Champ played the 2A champ and the winner of those games then played each other to crown a true state champ?

Cheerleaders in pineapple outfits eh? I like it!

Best of luck to all of the remaining teams in the State Play offs.

Go EAGLES!

Nov. 3, 2011 3:59 p.m.

Moog,

Blame LP that Bingham has to play up at Fremont. Fremont won the region and LP won the region. So Fremont gets the home field throughout. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Instead of taking it up with the UHSAA, hopefully the Miners can take it up with LP in the finals. We'll see what happens tomorrow. The winner will have clear sailing to the finals to matchup with the Chase Hansen Knights..... errrr I mean Lone Peak. But I agree it does stink to have to play away from Bingham's digs.

Papi,

• fbfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:48 p.m.

To all the Bingham fans,
    Fremont is easy to find, Just drive north on I-15, when you hit Tremonton, turn right and your there. Enjoy the game!

The worst field I have ever seen in bad weather is Davis. No drainage so the center is a solid mud bog.

Bingham 16
    Fremont 16.1

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:30 p.m.

@Moog
    This is the sort of situation the UHSAA should step in and correct. How can anyone feel good about us having to go clear down to Plain City to play a game.

Making Bingham, the two times defending 5A state champion go to fremont. We have a better record, a better team, a better division and better facilities (JumboTron) to accommodate our team in a state playoff game.

If you feel so strongly about it, elevate it to the UHSAA...I'm sure something will get done...lol

and you have one more win than Fremont because Fremont had a bye the last week of the season. The better team...that is a matter of opinion. If your facilities are so nice, maybe you should just turn it in Bingham Community College and you can compete with SLCC and Snow and Dixie.

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 3:15 p.m.

Skyline would be stomped by Bingham this year!
    Skyline may not make the semi's. and you played them super early on.
    West Jordan did not make the playoffs!
    5A teams with not even close the talent of Jordan Bingham Fremont Lone Peak,
    You would of just lost to Brighton, Alta, and Riverton if you played any of these solid teams who got beat first round buddy!!

Hurricane has not won a title in football.....EVER. Lost 3 years in a row to the same team! and before 08, you had 4 losing seasons. Now how do you think this team can beat bingham?

• just fyi American Fork, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:58 p.m.

@jo momma
    Im sure your comments are just you being arrogant since both skyline and west jordan are bottom teir teams at best. Play a real 5A team, or even a legit 4A contenter then we will talk
    Bingham 35
    Fremont 17

Nov. 3, 2011 2:56 p.m.

Jo Momma

Wowzers, Envy much?? Sorry your putty tats can't come play with the real boys. Bingham "handled" WJ a lot easier than they did and that was with the starters out by mid 3rd quarter. west jordan's RB had 73 yds on Bingham and 127 yds on your D. Good grief!! your leading tackler is 5' 10" 180. Just the wind gust from Palepoi running by him would knock him over. Your QB has thrown for a whopping 570 yds. Bingham would have blanked every team but WJ on Hurricanes schedule. C'mon really?

• BlueSaint South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:50 p.m.

Where is Fremont?

• Moog SLC, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:15 p.m.

A lot of us have very busy lives and Im going to have to miss time at work and probable have to reschedule with my personal trainer for the Championship game against lone peak. Why does the UHSAA have to inconvenience Bingham with driving to fremont?

• Jo Momma CEDAR CITY, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 2:12 p.m.

you mean like west jordan and skyline? I think Hurricane handled those big dogs easily. Skyline would beat Bingham. They could dress their cheerleaders as pineapples and bingham wouldn't even be in the game.

Nov. 3, 2011 2:11 p.m.

fbfan
    Brrr, sounds like a fun one. Its colder cuz they are a stone's throw from the Lake, nothing but cow patties and sage brush to keep out the cold up there.

way off topic but I was just thinking of the worst non-turf fields I've seen in bad weather and #1 has got to be the Ute field years ago. I remember a Bingham playoff game up there. Walking on the field and thinking that it seemed a hundred gophers got loose in there and destroyed the place. I don't see how anyone could play football on something that bad. Anybody else seen worse?

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:46 p.m.

It looks like it will be 54 degrees and windy at the start of the game and dropping down to 50 by 6pm with the rain/snow supposedly waiting until about 9pm before that hits, so hopefully we have pretty good weather for the game.

• fbfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 1:34 p.m.

Rain and snow mix with lots of breeze. All the down south folks bring your winter gear. Its gunna be in the 30's and that stadium always feels colder anyways. Sounds like a good ole fashioned run all night game to me. Best "O" and "D" line wins!

Nov. 3, 2011 1:10 p.m.

Anyway JoMomma's antics aside. I haven't seen the weather forecast since sunday, so what is the weather looking like for the game?

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:38 p.m.

Jo Mamma: And just like all year, you're wrong! If you mean Hurricane's varsity squad could beat Bingham's sophomore team, then yeah you may be right. Just enjoy your little school, and enjoy the success you've had. Don't try to play with the big boys.

• Provo, Ute Fan St. George, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 12:24 p.m.

Hurricane...Where is that? I think Bingham will roll this year and play LP in the finals. Coach Peck has more experience in big games then LP coach.. Just my opinion

Nov. 3, 2011 11:49 a.m.

Papi,

For a brief second I actually thought that same thing. haha

And there is JoMomma with the first of the overblown statements of the final day. Hurricane couldn't beat Bingham's water boys.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:06 a.m.

@jarka-rus
    Forgot my score

35-17. Sticking to it!

35-17 for Fremont right? LOL. I know what you mean, but I have to give you a hard time. :)

• fbfan SLC, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:00 a.m.

@binghamalum
    Very well said!
    I'm looking for a good game here. I hate to say it but this maybe the best game of the playoffs. I don't buy the its gunna be a blow out on either side.
    Its a coin flip and could go either way!
    Good luck to both.

• Jo Momma CEDAR CITY, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 11:00 a.m.

Just like I have said all year, Hurricane could beat Bingham.

• Gunner South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 10:32 a.m.

I'm going with the Miners (of course) and I really think it will be put away in the 2nd half. Maybe to the tune of 38-14. Good luck and no injuries to either!

Nov. 3, 2011 10:23 a.m.

Forgot my score

35-17. Sticking to it!

Nov. 3, 2011 10:22 a.m.

Hope it comes down to a field goal tomorrow, hahhhahaaa : )

Cannot wait for tomorrow! Wish both teams the best of luck. I know they will leave it all on that sloppy field. All the pre-game hype and smack talk has been a lot of fun. One more day to get your best shots in, or your overblown predictions. Either way I hope both teams have fun and have no regrets. I know I won't win or lose.

Go MINERS!!!!

plyxply
    don't agree with you very often, but I think you may be right. Especially if Fremont loads the box all day.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:50 a.m.

I'm so excited for this matchup. I wish Fremont and Bingham would play a pre-season game every year like they used to when I played for Fremont. Those were some of the funnest games I can remember even though we only beat Bingham once out of the three years that I played.

Binghamalum, I love Fremonts non-turf field. :) When the weather gets bad like this you are pretty much playing in mud and those are the funnest games to play in and watch. No playing on carpet for us up north.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

• AggieLuva South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:45 a.m.

This year has been strange. Alta was supposed to make the run this year. Now that they are out, it's between these 2 teams and Jordan I think. This game should be a great one. Good luck to both teams!

• Truesilverwolf OGDEN, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:24 a.m.

Just like binghamalum I'm sticking with what I've said all week. This is going to be a great game and it will come down to the wire. Time to see how Fremont's "4th Phase" does in tight game situations.

21-17 Fremont

• plyxply SLC, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:20 a.m.

I think this will be the best 5A game in the entire tournament. Both teams will bring it and I expect it to be within a touchdown, and there will be plenty of incentive for both teams but I think the revenge factor could put Fremont on top at the end. There is really something to be said for a team getting a chance at paybacks and I have a feeling Fremont will be as mentally prepared as a team can get.
    The X factor in the game will be Lail. If he plays at his best Bingham will win, but if Fremont can get to him and force some bad throws that is the one weakness he's shown in the two games they lost this year.
    Good luck to both teams, looking forward to watching this one.

• binghamalum South Jordan, UT
    Nov. 3, 2011 9:14 a.m.

Papi Go Bingham!

One more day is all! Here we go people!

All our worthless talk comes down to some 17 year olds playing football on that non turf field out there in Fremont!

Good luck to both teams and coaches and may everyone play hard and no one get hurt!

Bingham 24-17 like I have said all week, but honestly I have no clue.

• papi_chulo Ogden, UT