Comments about ‘Utah Utes football: Utah comes back to defeat Pitt 26-14’

Return to article »

Published: Saturday, Oct. 15 2011 1:44 p.m. MDT

Comments
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Most recommended
jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

Uteology | 2:32 p.m. Oct. 15, 2011

Okay I concede those facts well the Cougars are up on that powerhouse OSU team #1 SOS, guess I was wrong. but I am sure you Utesies we'll say they are a pathetic team and BYU got lucky right?

MidMajor4ever
Syracuse, UT

bballjunkie | 2:11 p.m. Oct. 15, 2011

"Ugly? That is seriously the worst football team I have ever seen in Pitt, I believe UNLV Would have won that game that is how bad Pitt is. Ute fan you and your team should be embarrassed. utah football lol. Oh let me guess the only thing you have and will have this year 54-10.lol"

jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

MidMajor4ever | 4:32 p.m. Oct. 15, 2011
"Your hatred toward the University of Utah certainly hurts your ability to think rationally. UNLV would not be able to beat Pitt! I think we both know that byu couldn't go into Pittsburgh and win.

If "the only thing" Utah will have this year is a 54-10 pounding on your team, what will byu have this year? A 44 point pounding from big brother and a few WAC wins?"

Just as your hatred is as well, Byu's going into OSU country and may come home with a W against your precious PAC-12.
They could do the same against a weak one man Pitt team.

ImaUteFan
West Jordan, UT

@bballjunkie:

"Oh let me guess the only thing you have and will have this year 54-10.lol"

Really? On which side of that 54-10 beatdown did your team end up?

Congrats to the Utes! Great job going into Pitt and grinding out the win.

bballjunkie
Pleasant Grove, UT

Imautefan
Congrats to the Utes! Great job going into Pitt and grinding out the win.

...against a very poor Pitt team..even though once again as a ute fan they are in the top half of bcs teams. Ute fan admit it for once that team was poor. And the environment was not even good or even a factor for Pitt. Is it so hard just to admit it? Come on ute fans give it ca rest.

Oh wait I forgot it was a poor Pitt team you hang one of the bcs championships on to...my bad you will never admit it.lol

StGtoSLC
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

"And the environment was not even good or even a factor for Pitt."

There were 40 mph swirling winds! That definitely favors the home team, especially considering we have a kicker who's only kicked 4 field goals all year and he goes in and kicks 4 in this game. When are you going to give some credit where it's due? You should stick to talking about bball sometime because you do yourself a disservice in talking football.

dnsmith
Salt Lake CIty, ut

The Pitt team was totally dominated by Utah. Without those two special teams breakdowns the Utah D pitched a shutout. Pitt didn't even get a chance to sniff an offensive score. 120 yards as a team. Our RB had more than that on his own. I see good things to come. With every snap Hays gets a little more seasoned and makes smarter decisions. No amazing numbers but no massive blunders with int in the red zone. Conservative game for the most part keeping it on the ground and slowly grinding it out.
Go back into oblivion yners. We don't care anymore. You beat someone from our conf who happens to be one of the very worst this year with a decimated team or i wouldn't have anything to say to you. Go talk yourselves up to the Beaver fans you have no reason to be on our boards
other than jealousy and an inferiority complex. Somehow you yners feel like you have a need to prove something. Your team lost that chance to brag when our team blew you out 54 - 10
Don't want to be reminded of your spanking don't get on here with garbage posts.

MidMajor4ever
Syracuse, UT

bballjunkie and jerkarus,

Jeff Sagarin's computerized rankings have Utah at #38, Pitt at #43, byu at #54 and Oregon State at #82. Calling Pitt a "poor team" or "weak one-man team" shows your ignorance as they are considered a better team than your cougars.

FYI, Utah State, the team you stormed the field on in your come from behind win, is #84.

I'm not sure why you feel the need to post on Utah articles unless it's hatred, envy and/or jealousy.

Good luck with your remaining schedule. I'm sure you will need it with the powerhouses coming up: New Mexico State, Idaho and Idaho State.

Go Utes!

bballjunkie
Pleasant Grove, UT

dnsmith | 6:31 p.m. Oct. 15, 2011
Salt Lake CIty, Ut

Talk about garbage posts....your going to try and sell us that offense who had no qb, was not the reason why your defense looked so good?really, and people tell me to stick with talking basketball.lol

dnsmith
Salt Lake CIty, ut

Pitt was dominated by Utah. 120 total yards. White did more than that on his own. If not for the first quarter special teams gaffs Utah D pitched a shutout. Pitt didn't even get the chance to sniff an offensive score. Hays wasn't great but he is getting smarter. No total game killing Ints in the red zone. Just get those td s instead of field goals. Chow will coach up hays and the season will end well for us.
For Yner fans the moderator saved you from an a post that was against the monitoring rules. So here's the watered down kindergarten version.
Stop trolling and posting dumb things on our boards. You played OSU go post on those articles we don't care about your team. 54 - 10 settled that issue. you troll we counter, otherwise we don't care about your team.

I look forward to the rest of our schedule. Should be a moderately successful season for our first outing in the conf. Good things to come
GO UTES!!!

MidMajor4ever
Syracuse, UT

bballjunkie,

Sunseri was the #4 rated QB in the Big East going into the game with a 116.8 quarterback rating. He has been averaging nearly 200 yards per game.

Graham went in to the game as the nation's #1 running back averaging 145 yards per game.

Pitt isn't a bad team. They average more points per game than both Utah and byu. Why can't you quit your hating and go back to your byu boards? I haven't checked because I don't post on your articles but I'm sure there will be something you can contribute to with your fan base.

FYI, the Utes do have a pretty good defense. In case you can't remember, just four weeks ago today your mighty program lost to the Utes by 44 points on your home field.

I understand your jealousy and envy, afterall, the BCS conferences are realigning and your program is being left out.... again.

Good luck with your independence.

gdog3finally
West Jordan, Utah

It's good to get a win on ESPN, but the Utes may have lost many viewers with this ugly game. Utah pitches a shutout but gives up two special teams TDs.

Trailing 14-3 is negative exposure. It was all over the early game halftime reports.

I believe Utah has a talented and good team. But I see problems that are hard to fix in the middle of the season though. They certainly lack offensive cohesion. The injuries are piling up, and the schedule keeps on with no bye left.

jarka-rus
Layton, Utah

Why is the Sagarin all of a sudden the end all and be all of NCAA football to you Ute fans? You really think computer stats and mumbo jumbo seriously tell the tale of EVERY single team?? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of. Why even play the games? Pitt has big time stats, well against who? Maine, Buffalo, ND, can't tell me most teams would have great stats against them. Oh but the Sagarin says they are 50 or 47 or 25. Whatever. Games are played on the field. What's Maryland's sagarin? their SOS is weaker but they are up on an undefeated #8 Clemson team who beat up on everyone so far. So who's overrated? Clemson or the three ranked teams they beat?

Uteology
Fort Worth, Texas

@jarka-rus

-------------

bballjunkie
Pleasant Grove, UT

Middy
Did you watch and listen to the game? He is under the gun and has not been producing and that's why they are working in the freshman who looks like he 15, don't try and have us buy into the fact that this qb is up for the hiesman and wait I love that he is rated 4 iin the big east, this conference is not even seen as a football conference. And news flash Pitt is not just bad but terrible. Try to spin this a little harder, your utes kicked and (thank your kicker in your prayers tonight) it's way past a very bad Pitt team. And duke,Oregon St,Washington St and many, many more including the whole big east can claim they are in a bcs conference, and so what your utes won't do anything in the PAC 12 ever. Envy? Not close, good luck on winning a game in the conference.

StGtoSLC
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

Good luck getting into a conference. I guess that bad, bad conference doesn't even want someone as bad as BYU. They would rather have the additions of Houston, SMU and UCF in all their sports and Boise and Air Force with football only than have the "exposure" of BYU's ESPN contract in any of their sports.

bballjunkie
Pleasant Grove, UT

Stgtoslc
Just in case you have not figured it out BYU is in no hurry to get into a conference. If you think that's a great come back to your bad post then keep using it, it's old but go ahead. Here let me help you out and give you one, tell me if you have heard this one?

54-10
It's new and won't ever get old for ute fans...lol

Veritas Aequitas
Fruit Heights, UT

Uteology | 7:45 p.m. Oct. 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas

"You are aware that in 1984 you won a national championship playing those type of teams? Your SOS that year was #104. So why are you disrespecting on Pitt?"

===

Geez, why the obsession with BYU.

Utah's defense played a great game today. Good enough to get a "W" on the road, and Utah's first win against a BCS team as a BCS team.

I don't care it was an ugly win. 12 ugly wins will get a team a pretty high ranking. The team was down, and the fire of the Utah defense willed a win. It's pretty cool if you think about it.

Why can't Utah fans (such as yourself) just be happy for the kids representing the U like other sports fans (such as myself).

The BYU obsessed chest thumping is getting tiring.

MidMajor4ever
Syracuse, UT

Veritas,

If you read the string you will see it's a Utah hater that triggered the 1984 comment. This is a University of Utah article and Utah hating cougar fans are taking some shots (I realize it happens from both sides).

FYI, I'm a Utah fan that doesn't post on byu articles to upset my ex-rival's fans.

Utah obsessed chest thumping is also getting tiring. Agree?

StGtoSLC
SALT LAKE CITY, UT

Ha no I actually don't really hang onto any game for too long, whether it was four weeks ago or 27 years ago. What I do find funny is when we got invited into the conference, all we heard was "Oh, we wouldn't want to go to the Pac anyway, independence is better in the short term, then we're going to the Big XII." Then TCU gets the Big XII invite instead, and it's "The Big East is actually a better option for us." And now they won't even offer an invitation to save their own conference. What is the next new underground Cougar intel? I'm dying to hear...

to comment

DeseretNews.com encourages a civil dialogue among its readers. We welcome your thoughtful comments.
About comments