Utah

Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman Jr. to hold fundraisers in Utah

Comments

• Screwdriver Casa Grande, AZ
    Aug. 16, 2011 5:27 p.m.

I'll write in the creator of the world. I'm sure conservatives would but he'd tell you to give all your money to the poor.

It's not "redistribution" when the one who really made and owns it all says it.

• desert dweller SAINT GEORGE, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 2:57 p.m.

I wish Howdy Doody was running for president then I would have someone to vote for

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 2:07 p.m.

"I'll vote for the guys who's actually been DOING the job, for going on three years now."

Yeah, because they have doing it so well. They are the best finger-pointers elected since, well, the last group of finger-pointers.

• Anti Bush-Obama Washington, DC
    Aug. 16, 2011 1:33 p.m.

They will not get my vote. Ron paul has an absolutley perfect voting record. He has also recieved more contributions from active military than obama or any other GOP candidate COMBINED. Ron paul also follows eternal principles more than any other candidate. Do you really believe that Jesus would be a war monger if he were ruling us In the flesh?

What is it with people who claim to follow the gospel, wanting leaders who will start wars? what is it with supposed anti-war liberals not voting for the most anti-war candidate out there? It makes no sense.

America is done for if Ron Paul isn't elected. It is OVER.

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 1:21 p.m.

'That isn't to say that all the workers cut weren't good workers, it is to say sometimes a company is purchased because it is failing, and the purchase and subsequent cuts save the whole.' - Rational | 12:54 p.m. Aug. 16, 2011

I agree.

Mitt Romney on Job creation:
    From 2003-2007 job growth....0.9%.
    In rankings with the rest of the country...MA was 47th in Job creation when Mitt Romney was there.
    - Think Progress Travis Waldron 06/02/11

But a 0.9% job growth and 47th out of 50 is not impressive.

'NO ONE is a owed a job.' - Rational | 12:54 p.m. Aug. 16, 2011

Once again, I agree.

That also means I am under zero obligations to vote for Mitt Romney.

• Rational Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 12:54 p.m.

Sometimes you have to cut a gangrenous leg to save a body. That isn't to say that all the workers cut weren't good workers, it is to say sometimes a company is purchased because it is failing, and the purchase and subsequent cuts save the whole. Once a company is stabilized through cuts and/or purchase, then new jobs are created that otherwise wouldn't be.

NO ONE is a owed a job. Daniel Boone and his group didn't tell the Kentucky wilderness, "You owe me a place to live. All of you trees, uproot yourself. Corn, grow yourself." They cut a home out of the wilderness, but homes by their own labors, and the homes they had were equal to the work they put in, not equal to what a union negotiated or a government paid for.

The whole, "You owe me" mentality is why the U.S. now has $60 TRILLION in unfunded obligations -- more than the net assets of Americans. "I'm entitled" is selling the future of our children, "You owe me a job" kills the very corporations that provide jobs to the best workers.

• Bill Shakespeare Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:50 a.m.

I'm thrilled for these fellows to visit! This is terrific news!

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:43 a.m.

*'Let Detroit Go Bankrupt' - By Mitt Romney - NY Times - 11/18/08

*Mitt Romney: Corporations and people, my friend By Phillip Elliot AP Published by DSNews 08/11/11

*'Mitt Romney raises $18.25 million, but Republicans worry it might not be enough' - By Jamshid Ghazi Askar - DSNews - 07/07/11

*Firm dissolves after giving pro-Romney PAC $1 million By Ken Thomas AP Published by DSNews 08/04/11

Sorry Mitt,

your not getting any of my hard-earned money.

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:42 a.m.

The more Republicans like Romney make jokes about how they are 'out of work'...

while owning $500,000 dollars in horses...

shows the COMPLETE disconnect the GOP canidates have the with average American voter. Who is ACTUALLY facing foreclosure.

*'Stumping, Mitt Romney pegged as both charming and awkward on campaign trail' - By Jamshid Ghazi Askar - DSNews - 07/17/11

'"I should tell my story I'm also unemployed," Romney said according to the New York Times.'

Such a 'sad' story of unemployment, from a man worth $250 million.

• Pagan Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:41 a.m.

*'Mitt Romney as job creator clashes with Bain record of job cuts' - By Lisa Lerer, Bloomberg News - Published by DSNews - 07/20/11

'Employees who lost jobs at Bain-controlled companies more than a decade ago say they still hold Romney responsible.
    "I would not vote for him for anything," said Phyllis Detro, 68, who lost her job...'

*Mitt Romneys wealth raises new questions By Jamshid Ghazi Askar DSNews 08/15/11

Romney's campaign clarified for the Boston Globe shortly before filing the report that the candidate's actual net worth is between $190 and $250 million a range that Politico subsequently confirmed, and that is identical to what Team Romney released during the 2008 presidential campaign.

Romney owns between $250,000 and $500,000 in horses.'

• Vince the boonies, mexico
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:10 a.m.

What a waste of money. Give it to something that matters and those in need, forget the deep pockets of the elite. This man stands "NO" chance of being elected president of the USA.

• rcm237_2000 Salt Lake City, Utah
    Aug. 16, 2011 11:08 a.m.

AHHHHH! The Republican In Name Only (Romney) and the Psuedo Mormon (Huntsman) The two rich kids want more $$$$ for their campaigns. And if either one gets to be President, it'll be more of the same Goold Old Boy Republican politics. NO WAY!!!!! Support Michele Bachmann.