Sports

Michael Stockton signs pro contract with German team

Comments

• justamom Provo, UT
    July 21, 2011 11:41 p.m.

I was taken back a few years... looking at this picture...he could be John Stockton's twin...wow talk about like father, like son...on so many levels...good luck to young Mr. Stockton

• collegestudent25 Cedar City, UT
    July 21, 2011 11:19 p.m.

Oh how I miss Karlsruhe. It is a beautiful city. If I were to live in Germany, that would be the place I would choose.

• Linus Bountiful, UT
    July 21, 2011 9:10 p.m.

bigsamoan, the dad is John Stockton; the son is Michael Stockton; John has a son who plays for Gonzaga named David Stockton. He is still enrolled there. Dad John didn't get to watch as many Michael games as he did David games, he being from Spokane WN.

• LivinLarge Bountiful, UT
    July 21, 2011 6:07 p.m.

If things don't work out for Jimmer in the NBA, it's good to know that Germany is a viable alternative...

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    July 21, 2011 5:41 p.m.

@UgottaloveMaxie: Whatever he was offered was probably more than enough to make him accept and agree to move to Germany. I think it's quite wonderful that the kids have other options besides the NBA to display their talents and make a nice living out of it too. I'm sure Dave Stockton is proud of his son. If he's anything like his dad, he'll be just as great or better. Who can forget the great career his dad had with Malone and the Jazz? They were a dynamic duo the likes of which I believe will probably never again be duplicated in the history of the Jazz organization any time soon. Congrats to Michael!!!

• UgottaloveMaxie SLC, UT
    July 21, 2011 4:12 p.m.

how much is he getting does anyone know? cool for him

• Realistic Goggles Alpine, UT
    July 21, 2011 3:10 p.m.

I certainly wish Michael Stockton the very best. His dad was a great player and class guy. I am sure Michael will make his father proud.

• AZJazzFan Gold Canyon, az
    July 21, 2011 2:39 p.m.

I follow the news yet I never knew John Stockton had a son playing for Westminster and was a great player.

• Timj South Jordan, UT
    July 21, 2011 12:25 p.m.

Karlsruhe's a great city. I'm sure he'll enjoy his time there.