Sports

Real Salt Lake: Fabian Espindola's score ties match against Revolution

Comments

• myself Salt Lake City, UT
    July 6, 2011 3:03 p.m.

@RSL1
    The players throw a big enough fit that it takes a while to get the pk taken anyway. While all of that is going on have some replay officials up in a booth or box have a look at the play and radio down to the center ref. Simple. It would be relatively quick too.

Add goal line technology and one more center ref on the field. I hope that eventually computers will be able to call offsides so we don't need those crappy sideline officials.

• RSL1 Washington, UT
    July 6, 2011 2:27 p.m.

All pks and red cards should be reviewed on instant replay. It just makes sense. Too many games are decided by terrible calls. Red cards and pks determine who wins or loses. Don't you think we should at least get them correct if they are that important? If I was a ref I would like to double check to make sure.

RSL should have Borchers red card suspension appealed. Since it wasn't even a foul you would think MLS would agree he shouldn't sit out two games.

• Magic Pog LOGAN, UT
    July 5, 2011 11:14 p.m.

Alexi Lalas called the game the worst officiated game he had ever seen. That is quite bad I would think.

• matt4226 Holladay, UT
    July 5, 2011 8:49 p.m.

I was really disappointed in the soft 2nd goal, until I watched the replay. Saborio was completely pulled off the wall by a player from NE. This allowed the ball to roll where he should have been which beat Rimando who was cheating to the far post because he had his wall setup. I can't blame the ref for missing that call, but just adds to the overall frustration of the game.

Could this be a turning point for this team? They were down 2 goals and down a man and fought back to a 3-3 tie. I know NE is a bad team, but overcoming that early adversity showed this team doesn't give up.

• myself Salt Lake City, UT
    July 5, 2011 4:39 p.m.

Realistically the score should have been 1-0 RSL because all of the other goals were not legitimate.

It was cool to see RSL on sportsnation but Josephs goal should have never happened because it was clearly a flop that led to the free kick.

@parry is a farce
    yeah I knew the fireworks show was going to be bad, it wasn't a good sign when they announced a "pyrotechnics display." They will be having a real full scale fireworks show on the 23rd. The reason it wasn't the regular full scale fireworks was because sandy was doing their fireworks show last night.

• ClickClock Bountiful, UT
    July 5, 2011 2:33 p.m.

Where is the old Kreis that would have gone on a rant about the horrible call? I miss him. Bring him back along with the fire that led this team to win a championship, not just ties against mediocre teams--and I know, we were a man-down, but frankly the team never should have been in that situation off a goalkick!!! A goalkick, really, how did Fhalber get into the box unmarked and then get the ball? Bad play all around just made worse by bad refs.

• Nussdorfer AC Salt Lake City, UT
    July 5, 2011 11:24 a.m.

RSL showed a lot of heart to fight back.

• oldrunner Ogden, UT
    July 5, 2011 11:20 a.m.

Although my 18 years of soccer officiating was not at this level, I have a good handle on what is and isnt a foul. In last nights match, either Mr. Reyes was incompetent or dishonest. I dont think he would have been hired if he were the former. I wonder what the odds in Vegas were for the game last night? Its the only explanation that makes sense. Someone made a lot of Money last night.

• afro14 Sandy, UT
    July 5, 2011 11:05 a.m.

Should have been a 3-2 RSL win. That red card was garbage.

• COUGARNATE Lyman, WY
    July 5, 2011 9:57 a.m.

Soccer needs to look at adding a second field referee, it would be better officiated, instead of one guy trying to cover the whole field by himself. The ref was fifty yards away, when he made that embarrassing call last night.

• Vince Clortho S_SPRINGS, UT
    July 5, 2011 7:33 a.m.

I thought the same thing. 6 goals and 5 of them came off of dead ball situations...Still, great heart...Onward and Upward RSL.

• Magic Pog LOGAN, UT
    July 4, 2011 11:51 p.m.

MLS needs to do something about the refs. For both sides it was a joke. Really there was only one goal that did not come from a bad call out of the six goals. It is hard to watch.

• gogogoff Orem, UT
    July 4, 2011 10:54 p.m.

Anyone at the game tonight know about that plane that was flying around, that was really low ??

• Draperite Draper, UT
    July 4, 2011 10:03 p.m.

Real played very well.A tie was well earned sadly. They could have won this game with full 11. The ref in center left a lot to be desired. The TV clearly showed that Borchers got ball and should have had a goal kick.

• The Corinthian Salt Lake City, UT
    July 4, 2011 9:11 p.m.

Yader Reyes. SAR (bench): Peter Balciunas; JAR (opposite): Mike Kampmeinert --- henceforth known as: WORST. REFEREES. EVER.