Sports

Utah Utes football: Wait to officially join Pac-12 is over

Comments

• UBOUND SAN BERNARDINO, CA
    July 2, 2011 8:53 a.m.

Congrats to both schools. Good for both. I think the last game of the year would be more appealing. Go UTE'S---Go Cougs!!!

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    July 1, 2011 5:50 p.m.

@ gonfishn,

Not a fan of early BYU/Utah games, ESPECIALLY the first one. Both teams need a patsy to get their bugs worked out. THEN, the game can be more competitive with less excuses.

Hope the two schools can figure out a way to play later, but the PAC-12 seems bent on stopping that kind of thing. Too bad.

• RSLJAZZBYUUTAH Syracuse, UT
    July 1, 2011 11:43 a.m.

This is a great day in Sports in the state of Utah, no more MWC and the MTN ever again, good luck to BYU and Utah may they have tons of success.

• gonefishn Salt Lake City, UT
    July 1, 2011 11:37 a.m.

It is a very exciting day to be a Ute! although a different situation I am even happy for the Y and there prospects.
    My hope is that the Y and the U get their schedule straitened out and play the first game of the year every year. I think this would make the off season more interesting and the game would have broad appeal while other teams are playing 1AA opponents.

• Sandpiper Air Salt Lake City, UT
    July 1, 2011 11:22 a.m.

@SGT_UTE Thank you for your service.

• ExecutorIoh West Jordan, UT
    July 1, 2011 11:12 a.m.

Like other cougar fans here, I also want to send my sincere congratulations and best wishes. It truly is a great day in Utah. Best of luck in the Pac-12. Finally we can cheer for both teams, no reason any more that BYU and Utah can't both go to BCS games. Again a great day in the state of Utah.

• coachcarter West Valley City, UT
    July 1, 2011 10:39 a.m.

Its a great day to be a Ute and Cougar. I hope both teams do well and bring lots of recognition to the state of Utah. I will finally catch a BYU/UTAH game this year and I am pumped. GO UTES.

• SamoanCougar Eagle Mountain, UT
    July 1, 2011 10:29 a.m.

Best of luck representing the state of Utah in the prestigious Pac 12.

• bgl Santa Monica, CA
    July 1, 2011 9:59 a.m.

" A PAC 12 day? Really, is this necessary?"

Yes, rahlly dahling...must we act like commoners about this whole affaih? It seeew gauche. Now pass me my diamond bracelet.

Crawl down off your high horse, Mr. Sourpuss! Join the fun! Go Utes!

• Dutchman Murray, UT
    July 1, 2011 9:56 a.m.

Everest,

Great comment. I am also double invested. But, I have a lot more tithing dollars invested in BYU than I do tax dollars in the U of U. Such is the way our legislature funds things.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    July 1, 2011 9:03 a.m.

Great day for the Utes. I wish you success in almost every game each year. Make the state of Utah proud.

Everest;
    Great comment. I guess there are a lot of us who are vested in both schools.

• Game For Any Fuss Draper, UT
    July 1, 2011 9:01 a.m.

I appreciate the comments from classy Cougar fans. I hope BYU finds success in independence, as well!

This is an exciting time for the University of Utah and sports in the state of Utah. We may not get to the Rose Bowl this year, but it will be a fun season nonetheless!

• WhatsInItForMe Orem, Utah
    July 1, 2011 8:34 a.m.

Congrats to the Utes for stepping up into the "big boy" world.

You've had the ability to show there as a non-AQ school in recent years, so keep it up!

I'll be rooting for you (except on Sept 17th).

• PAC12Fan South Jordan, UT
    July 1, 2011 7:40 a.m.

This is a great accomplishment for a mid major to join such a prestigious conference. Here's to a great relationship, future rivals, bigger and better for the Utah fans. Could be rough but will be fun.

• Everest American Fork, UT
    July 1, 2011 7:30 a.m.

Another Cougar fan here, wishing the U all kinds of success in the PAC-12. My tithing dollars go to BYU, but my tax dollars go to Utah. I'm double invested.

• Jute19 Poop, UT
    July 1, 2011 7:27 a.m.

Utes Utes Utes!! Great day to be a Ute!!

• truecoug1 Provo, UT
    July 1, 2011 12:47 a.m.

@SGT_UTE Thank you for your service. Here's to a speedy and safe return.

To Ute Nation: I'm a BYU fan through and through, so I will always engage in some friendly smack-talking with y'all (it's part of what makes this rivalry great, right? :) but in all sincerity congratulations and my best wishes to your future in the PAC 12. Represent the state well and take it to 'em :)

• AltaHawkFan Sandy, UT
    July 1, 2011 12:28 a.m.

The celebration should draw tens maybe even hundreds of fans. woo hoo

• SGT_UTE Fort Hood, TX
    June 30, 2011 11:20 p.m.

Congratulations from Baghdad! I wish I could be there, seems I miss out on all the exciting times. I will be back for the first PAC-12 home game Oct. 1st.

Go UTES!

• MESOUTE Karchaj, A.V.
    June 30, 2011 9:33 p.m.

This is obviously an exciting move for our university and our athletic department (teams), but I wish we would act like we have been on the big stage before (which we have). A PAC 12 day? Really, is this necessary?

• WHAT NOW? Saint George, UT
    June 30, 2011 8:58 p.m.

The only people complaining are the people who hate college football, basketball and baseball and/or hate the time their significant others spend on-line, on the internet/radio or watching the action on the internet/TV or around the "water cooler" or at the stadium/court/field.

Go Utes!