Sports

5 questions with Enes Kanter

Comments

• Led Zeppelin II Bountiful, UT
    June 29, 2011 4:57 p.m.

Looks like everything is a question with every pick Kevin O'Conner takes except for Paul Milsap who has done quite well. Deron Williams is gone. Looks like another pick wasted on a big man Dufus Festertag. I know this angers Jazz fans now but wait a few months and you will agree. We could have had a better pick. I am a Jazz fan. I am tired of seeing my team getting ruined. Fire O'Conner.

• byronbca Salt Lake City, UT
    June 29, 2011 1:00 p.m.

He should go play with his national team, I'm very curious to see if he's any good, I still don't know whether I should be excited or disappointed with this pick.

Right now Kanter is the unicorn of big men, I think a lot of people aren't even sure if he's real.

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    June 28, 2011 6:22 p.m.

I posted somewnere else that I would love to see the Jazz exercise the option on Miles and then package him with Millsap in a trade to GS for Monta Ellis. GS is looking for deals to move Ellis and I think this would be attractive to them.

• Kakashi Tokyo, Japan
    June 28, 2011 5:40 p.m.

@joe5

that's the only thing that worries me...how do you get 5 guys to play 25-30 mins...i think...1 or 2 of them...would play the 3....

Al Jeff/Kanter/Okur
    Favors/Kanter/Millsap
    Millsap/AK47(if signed)/CJ
    Hayward/Burks/Bell/CJ
    Harris/Watson(if signed)/Burks

I wonder how will big Al take it...if becomes second fiddle to Kanter...starting Kanter - Favors...would be good defensively and offensively...Trade Al Jeff? for who? and to which team? is Burks the PG of the Future?...having size and athleticism on the position...is definitely an advantage...if he learns to post up...he could post em up on the baseline...since he will have a huge advantage over his opponents...if Burks is the PG...are we trading Big Al or Millsap for a wing? or are we going to draft that wing next year?...a lot of positive possibilities...and i think we are 2 to 3 pieces left...to contend

• joe5 South Jordan, UT
    June 28, 2011 3:03 a.m.

@sgs: How do you carve up 96 minutes among four players (five if Okur can play) who all deserve significant playing time? As their coach, how do you keep them all happy?

• sgs Salt Lake City, UT
    June 27, 2011 9:08 p.m.

A really good guy. We need a tough big center. No reason to trade anybody, especially on the front line. We need everyone.

• Bugoff Houston, TX
    June 26, 2011 7:24 p.m.

His body fat says volumes about him. When was the last time one of the bigs showed up to Fall camp with 5% body fat (Evans does not count because he is skinny)?

Enes will work hard and he has enough natural talent and skill that the hard work will be magnified much more than for a less talented player. He will push Favors and that is good. He is also going to push Millsap and especially AJ who will now make the changes he has needed to make for 6 years.

BPA has some on court advantages. If the Jazz are patient they will get a good trade out of this and fill a need with a much better player than they could have drafted.

• Anonigma Murray, UT
    June 26, 2011 7:11 p.m.

Yeah those who have doubts about Kanter should watch the Nike Hoops Summit highlights. In that, he's versing the very best players in high school/college at the time: Next year's #1 pick, Jared Sullinger, Perry Jones, Barnes, and more.
    They're all the same age as him...he might have even been younger

• Captain L Provo, UT
    June 26, 2011 3:36 p.m.

I like his attitude too, if he is willing to work hard and stays focused on improving every yr , he will be very good, he is only 19, he should improve every yr for a while and who knows how good he will end up. He already shows he has skills inside and outside, he runs the floor well, he rebounds well, I know he is young and inexperienced , so we will have to be patient, but I love the possibilities. Another thing I like is, being a foriegner he has a better chance of being satisfied to stay in Utah.

• fastfox Ogden, UT
    June 26, 2011 11:04 a.m.

I love that Enes is very powerful and graceful at the same time....he runs the floor like a gazelle and he seems to have great range! If he improves his defense, which I think he's capable of doing, then I think he'll end up being the best player from this draft and a potential all-star, considering how rare good centers truly are. Hopefully he doesn't get the Oden-disease and has the durability of Big Al and Milsap. Out of all of those things, there is one thing I really love about Kanter the most. His attitude. He seems like a genuine good person and a very humble guy. He seems like a guy who doesn't care where he plays in the NBA, he just wants to play.

Cannot wait to see him take the court!

• SoCalUtahFan Utesville, CA
    June 26, 2011 7:42 a.m.

If he can consistenly get 17 pts 10 rebs...Jazz should be good

• JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    June 26, 2011 7:11 a.m.

Welcome to Utah Enes!

• shaybo Richfield, UT
    June 25, 2011 11:14 p.m.

Can't wait to see Enes take the floor. After watching the nike hoop summit I think he will be dominating down low. If he gets as aggressive on defense as he is on offense I think he will become an outstanding defensive player also.

Someone needs to tell him that we are in MMA country in utah though, there is no acting.