Utah

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    June 16, 2011 3:39 p.m.

Kai Yai!

Go Utes!!

• KH Holladay, UT
    June 16, 2011 12:20 p.m.

I've also been told by byu fans that I needed to repent because I choose to cheer for Utah instead of byu. They were serious as well.

• JohnInSLC Cottonwood Heights, UT
    June 15, 2011 2:24 p.m.

Cats:

Pres. Monson received his MBA several years after he was called as an apostle. As a benefit that comes with such a position, his BYU tuition was free. No wonder he still says "A Utah man am I."

Somewhere, Max Hall is scowling.

• christoph Brigham City, UT
    June 15, 2011 1:26 p.m.

You read his new biography, and you'll find Pres. Monson loves the University of Michigan athletics and donates accordingly.

• MenaceToSociety Draper, UT
    June 15, 2011 12:45 p.m.

Why are we bothering to edumacate teachers at a university? All we really need are the Chris Buttars of the state to tell the teachers what the need to know!

• Ute_4_Life Springville, UT
    June 15, 2011 11:28 a.m.

Brave Sir Robin,

I agree with you. Being active LDS I have been told the same thing for as long as I can remember. The 10% jerks on both sides need to realize that this is a game, and supporting a team other than the blue one does not jeopardize my church standing. Just remember that Elder Wirthlin was a huge U fan. Grow up blue boys.

But also to those 10% jerks on the red side, grow up and stop let people worship who and how they may.

• LeDoc SLC, UT
    June 15, 2011 9:10 a.m.

@ Brave Sir Robin

When G.B. Hinckley said "get all the education you can, HE at least wasn't so close minded as tho think that only the education one can obtain from BYU counted. FOr those who tell you your salvation is at risk I say simpley.. "consider the source". Here's the good news, YOU are the only one responsible for your salvation. Remember the words... "forgive them, for they know not what they do"

• Brave Sir Robin San Diego, CA
    June 15, 2011 8:43 a.m.

@Cats

You first.

I'm active LDS I have actually been told by other church members that my salvation is at risk because I chose Utah over BYU. And yes, they were being serious.

I don't have all the answers, but I do know better than to think that where you went to college might impact your salvation. I suggest some others take a critical look at their own beliefs.

• Cats Somewhere in Time, UT
    June 15, 2011 2:26 a.m.

UU32: Yes, but he got his MBA from BYU and is often seen wearing a BYU hat. I hope people realise that President Monson is a supporter of both institutions and stop all this silly rivalry.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    June 14, 2011 5:06 p.m.

President Monson, "Who am I sir? A Utah man am I!"

• kiaoraguy Provo, UT
    June 14, 2011 4:53 p.m.

From this diehard BYU Alum--congrats and hope all proceeds as planned!