Sports

Amy Donaldson: Half marathon: A birthday celebration for Jeremy Kunz

• at wit's end Morgan, UT
    May 17, 2011 11:01 p.m.

Amy, thank you for the beautiful tribute to a former WBR teammate whom I still consider a close friend. The Kunz family proves to be an inspiration to me as they have been so kind to include me on their team. Tears accompany these comments as I was literally moved by your outstanding article. What an inspiration Jer continues to be as his family carries out the legacy. Thank you; I needed something special today!

• dmeanea Kamas, UT
    May 17, 2011 5:27 p.m.

@COUGARNATE: not that it really matters either way, but the drunk driver was a male, Joshua Salayich.

@delasalle: He was sentenced to 7-to-20 years in prison last May.

• cropphysguy Hyrum, UT - Utah
    May 17, 2011 5:20 p.m.

@COUGARNATE. The drunk was male, currently serving 7-20 years.

• COUGARNATE Lyman, WY
    May 17, 2011 1:05 p.m.

@delasalle. The drunk driver was a female.

• delasalle Sandy, UT
    May 16, 2011 11:07 p.m.

I hope the drunk driver is getting his due justice. What a horrible tragedy that could have easily been prevented.

• heidi12321 Bountiful, Utah
    May 16, 2011 1:48 p.m.

I enjoy your articles, Amy. Reading such uplifting stories brightens my day! What a neat story and tribute to a great man. I hope the half marathon turns out to be a success.

• COUGARNATE Lyman, WY
    May 15, 2011 10:35 p.m.

I went to high school in Star Valley with Jeremy, we graduated together and I was both stunned and very saddened by the news of his death a few years back. I remember Jeremy almost always seemed to be smiling. We used to joke around alot about my part in a church road show as the back end of a dancing horse. He would get a kick out of me making a joke at the role I was dealt. The world lost a great guy the day he was killed. I am very happy with the honor the community of Star Valley has chosen to show Jeremy. It is well deserved. May the Lord bless his family.