Sports

Utah State football: Alex Hart, Adam Kennedy shine in USU spring game

Comments

• plyxply SLC, UT
    May 9, 2011 3:11 p.m.

glad to see Alex Hart play so well....he does make good decisions and reacts very well under pressure. A large percentage of his completions in high school came after being flushed out of the pocket. Can't see how they don't start Alex, he'll have 4 years to play and by the end of his career he could be one of the top Aggie qb's ever if the team improves like it should.

• Aggie84 Idaho Falls, ID
    April 26, 2011 12:14 p.m.

Shoot, I'm over 50 and can still kick a 35 yard field goal the old fashion way. Straight on from the toe.

• Ogden Aggie Ogden, UT
    April 26, 2011 11:06 a.m.

The kicking game is definitely a concern. Andersen said at last week's Monday scrimmage they looked pretty good. Let's hope they get some serious work in this summer and fall, because the kicking game is crucial.

• Waylon77 Logan, UT
    April 25, 2011 6:08 p.m.

Great game, but is anybody else here worried about the kicking game? Both of the field goal kickers looked awful. I was having flashbacks to a few years ago before we had Caldwell, when the coaches would opt to punt instead of trying to kick a 40 yarder. I sure hope those kids get their act together cause we need a solid kicker. The kicking game is too important to overlook,the Utes never would have made it to the Sugar Bowl without Sakoda.

• Ragnar Danneskjold Bountiful, UT
    April 25, 2011 3:02 p.m.

I hope that these guys step up. I was afraid the QB play would take a hit this year. I wasn't there, but do you think that Hart may have looked better because he was going against the second team D? I think the D should be decent and this makes me optimistic with some of the talent on Offense. Let's see a bowl game this year guys. I think if a few balls bounce their way, it is a posibility.

• Ogden Aggie Ogden, UT
    April 25, 2011 11:14 a.m.

I can't wait for fall. I agree that the O-line seems to be the biggest issue, but the team is clearly deeper and more talented than they have been in years. I also agree that Hart seems to have the advantage. Then again, maybe I am just a bit biased as he is a Utah kid. Should be a fun season!

• AggieLuva South Jordan, UT
    April 25, 2011 10:33 a.m.

That scrimmage was awesome! Hart was clearly the better QB and seperated himself on Saturday. I don't understand how people keep knocking his arm strength? 2 deep balls right on the money for TD's? Kennedy looked solid but gave up a pick 6 to Walter McClenton and another int. How many times did he get sacked to? I was very impressed with Xavier Martin and Eric Moats! With a lot of our star offensive studs watching from the sidelines, I was impressed with the rest of them stepping up. The defenses looked fast and came with some nice blitz packages. How about Jake Doughty and Parker Hausknecht coming up huge getting almost half of the 13 total sacks on the day. I am so pumped for the season to start, we are looking really good all around. I was a little concerned with the O-line though. This seemed to be our biggest weakness. Other than that I feel it was a huge success!
    Go Aggies!

• TRUEBLUEFAN Logan, Utah
    April 24, 2011 9:26 p.m.

I went to the game, and I thought both quarterbacks did very well. What impressed me was their decision making, both of them were smart with what to do when they were pressured. Overall I think Hart had the upper hand, but they both did well. The defense was very stellar too. For the most part once a receiver caught the ball there was like 5 defensive players right there. The defense also caused a lot of fumbles and 2 interceptions. USU will be good this year!

• whoisjohngalt Holladay, UT
    April 24, 2011 10:25 a.m.

Alex is a stud. Nice kid. Great athlete, smart player. This is one cougar fan excited to watch the former beetdigger play at Utah St. If Hart starts I will be following the Cougars and the Aggies.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    April 24, 2011 10:06 a.m.

I hope this means they have a really good offense and not a bad defense.