Sports

High school baseball: Jordan upsets No. 1 Lone Peak

Comments

• patriot Cedar Hills, UT
    April 20, 2011 12:50 p.m.

if your pitching gives up 12 runs I'm not sure you really deserve to win.

• whoisjohngalt Holladay, UT
    April 15, 2011 11:24 a.m.

@ball-fan.
    I guess there always has to be someone who hates everyone and everything about life. Most of these kids live in Jordan's boundries and the ones that don't come to him because he is such an unbeiliavle coach. They ask him if they can play for him. And you know what else. Its legal! Jordan is open enrollment. Go find something good in life and try and be happy ball_fan.

• ball_fan midvale, ut
    April 15, 2011 10:17 a.m.

The problem is that Coach Anderson goes out and recuites kids! Look where all these freshman are from, all over the valley. He promises them things that he can't back up. He took over a team with 7 D1 kids on it for 3 years and won 1 Championship. I think the kids make him look better than he is. Where have they been the last 3 or 4 years? Bad recuiting classes?

• Uncle Sam West Jordan, UT
    April 15, 2011 6:39 a.m.

"But when it comes to putting together great talent" - that is the problem, his detractors are the opposing coaches that take the talent that they are given and work with it.

• plyxply SLC, UT
    April 14, 2011 8:52 p.m.

Coach Anderson does do an excellent job with the talent they get. He has his detractors in the community, but when it comes to putting together great talent and then coaching them up, Coach A is one of the best. I agree, he is a great guy with the boys, especially the younger ones coming up in the super leagues. Not only is he good, he gets his players looked at by college scouts, something not everyone can say they do a good job of. I cheer for the Diggers nearly every game they play.

• Humdinger salt lake city, utah
    April 14, 2011 12:16 p.m.

Coach Anderson is one heck of a nice guy, My son had the honor of playing on one of his scout teams a few years ago. My son & myself were impressed and will never forget the chance Coach Anderson gave my son. It put my son on the map and he got many offers to play college baseball after that chance.
    Coach Anderson has a knack for finding talent others seem to overlook, he knows an athelete when he sees one and will bring out the best in every kid he coaches. We will be forever grateful. Thank you Coach Anderson.

• SB Fan Salt Lake City, UT
    April 14, 2011 11:31 a.m.

Sounds like a good one! I'm a huge Lahargoue fan!!! Good Luck!!! From a friend that was lucky enough to learn from the best!!! :)

• plyxply SLC, UT
    April 14, 2011 9:30 a.m.

that's an awful good group of freshmen that Jordan's put together. They will be a force in both football and baseball for the next 3 years, good luck to them and congrats Mason and Colt on your game.