Utah

BYU alumnus to run for president in Mali

Comments

• MarieDevine Divine-Way Kansas City, MO
    April 10, 2011 6:12 p.m.

Many people are speaking of Yeah Samake's good points; and they would make a wonderful president. What he needs to be careful of is to follow God's plan, not the world system of employment for everyone throughout their life. We thought that was good; but we now see it is enslavement to an unnecessary lifestyle that causes our world problems including pollution of our air, land, water and food making young and old diseased. It continues an energy crisis, will create more war and immigration and cause many big government payrolls to pay for social welfare programs that FORCE people to help others by taking taxes from their paychecks. God's way is true freedom.

God promises rain in due season and healthy crops, animals and people and peace in the land for following His word as written, or terror and 4 x 7 curses for going our own way. MOST OF AFRICA need RAIN. This man has read of God's ways and can be a great blessing to Mali even well before any election.

• Californian#1@94131 San Francisco, CA
    April 10, 2011 5:43 p.m.

We need more leaders of this quality in the U.S.!

But seeing how many young people come to North America for school and then stay, becoming successful but denying the benefits of their education to their own people, I am grateful he chose to return and help lift up his country. Best wishes to President-aspirant Yamake.

• Gentile brookings, SD
    April 10, 2011 1:19 p.m.

It scares me when people talk of politicians on "divine missions." Theocracies we do not need.

He sounds like an honest man. That, we need.

• NightTrader Colonia, Yap, FSM
    April 10, 2011 12:58 p.m.

Wow! If I were eligible, you'd have my vote!

• thebigsamoan Richmond, VA
    April 10, 2011 11:55 a.m.

Would that all aspiring politicians of every country in the world have the vision and integrity of this young man. May God smile brightly on his hope for the future of his own nation and the world. What an inspiring young man! Thank you for sharing this. Hope the people will rally to support him all the way.

• SusanaE PG, UT
    April 10, 2011 10:42 a.m.

Having known Yeah Samake and his family for about 7 years, I can assure you that he is a man of integrity. Please consider coming to a fundraiser in Salt Lake City on May 7th to help prepare Future-President Yeah Samake with the financial support to fulfill his divine mission and lead his people in Mali. He has also been a very fine example to the youth in Utah and his story is incredibly inspiring.

• MottoMoto Payson, UT
    April 10, 2011 10:33 a.m.

Yeah was one of my students at BYU. He's a remarkable man. He will succeed because of his goodness and passion for helping people. Give him whatever help and support you can!

• MormonDem Provo, UT
    April 10, 2011 8:55 a.m.

Very inspiring. I hope he's successful in Mali.

The sad thing is, his stances on education, healthcare, and the environment would probably prevent him from being elected to the Utah legislature.

• fanUVU Orem, UT
    April 10, 2011 8:19 a.m.

I know and have worked with Yeah. What you see is what you get: a man of integrity and honesty. We would be so blessed in the U.S. with this kind of president.

• Patrick Henry West Jordan, UT
    April 10, 2011 7:33 a.m.

What a champ! I hope he wins.

• ER in EUR Belgrade, Serbia
    April 10, 2011 7:21 a.m.

A country can learn from the example of one man. Follow the principles you know to be true, Brother Samake, and I know you will have success in your undertakings!!

I lived in Africa for 3 years and know the people I came into contact with there were hungry for knowledge and hungry for opportunity. Bro Samake, my high hopes and fervent prayers go out for you.

• AZKID Mapleton, UT
    April 9, 2011 9:59 p.m.

What an outstanding individual! I wish him success in transforming his country!