Sports

Utah Jazz: Watson, Bell will get the start again tonight

Comments

• Jody Genessy
    March 28, 2011 7:06 p.m.

Thanks, Motappin. I appreciate it.

• fastfox Ogden, UT
    March 28, 2011 7:02 p.m.

The jazz should tank the rest of the season, including letting the wizards win tonight. They need to get the lowest possible position for the draft.

Although I wouldn't be upset if they won 4 or 5 more games, so they can reach 40 wins or break even on the season. I would like to see Hayward and Favors start so they can get some big minutes. It has been the craziest season for the jazz, and I think it will most definitely get better next year after an off-season and a training camp. The jazz have a very solid core with Milsap, Jefferson, Harris, Favors, Hayward, CJ and Raja. And despite what some people have been saying, Corbin is doing a solid job, and I'm glad the jazz wrapped him up for 3 years....we can all judge him after 3 years when he's had a group of guys that have played together longer than 5 minutes.

I love the jazz to death, and I see nothing but upside with this team.

Go Jazz!

• GoodGuyGary Houston, TX
    March 28, 2011 4:26 p.m.

The season is over, play the young kids please.

• B Russ Ephraim, UT
    March 28, 2011 4:18 p.m.

It would be alot more interesting if Corbin would give the rookies lots of playing time. The future is in them, let's see what they've got. We pretty much know what the vets give us and that's very little effort on defense or crashing the boards.

• Motappin Sandy, UT
    March 28, 2011 4:17 p.m.

I enjoy reading your stories, Jody. You give good coverage and are a very good, clever writer to boot.

• Jody Genessy
    March 28, 2011 3:29 p.m.

RBN...yes, really. Othyus was an energetic player, a delight to watch and was refreshing to cover because of his enthusiasm for the game and his big chance.

Fans in Utah loved him. He was a go-getter, a Jerry Sloan-type player who went all out. He will get a loud ovation tonight if he enters the game.

And when a team that's lost as many as the Jazz have lately faces a team that's won one game on the road all season, well, there has to be some sidebar stories to keep you interested in it.

I'm not sure what your "That's journalism?" question was referring to, but I'll answer that "yes" as well.

• RBN Salt Lake City, UT
    March 28, 2011 3:04 p.m.

Jody... really? Areason to see the Jazz play tonight is to see a former Jazzman, who rarely dressed for the Jazz, maybe get to play for a team with which he signed two ten day contracts?

That's journalism?