Sports

Utah Jazz notebook: Al Jefferson's fall a pain in the, um, backside

Comments

• Old Timer the boonies, mexico
    Jan. 18, 2011 4:53 p.m.

Um,backside pain. Thats what this Jazz team does to many of us fans. Snap out of it or go home cry baby's, this is supposed to be a man's game. I've about had it with this bunch of softies.

• Anonymous Infinity American Fork, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 4:05 p.m.

Hey GoodGuyGary messageboarder....what's up? Okur is practically finished. How can he be better starting than Al Jefferson? That is just not something Jerry Sloan can do. Jefferson was brought in to fill the gap that Carlos Boozer left in his have gun will travel escapade. Memo can not guard people and gets backed down routinely by other bigs on the opposition. He gives up much more than he provides when he is on the floor. Deron Williams and the other players have to work a lot harder to cover up Memo's shortcomings. I like Memo as a person but......it's over for him. The Jazz are forced to use him because Fesenko is so inept when he comes in, and makes it even worse for the team. I don't know what is going on, but I think CJ Miles continues to reside in Sloan's doghouse with his sporatic appearances. Apparently, he just didn't fit on the floor versus the Wizards. I still can't believe that loss. It should never have happened. New Jersey is a similar type of team, as are the 76ers. Boston and Los Angeles are legit. Jazzhavenoanwserforthem.

• GoodGuyGary Houston, TX
    Jan. 18, 2011 1:44 p.m.

Sloan should sit Al and let Memo Starts!

• Thriller Saint George, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 12:24 p.m.

As soon as I saw Big Al go down, I thought to myself "Oh great, now he'll never dunk it again."

Looks like I might be right.

• Anonymous Infinity American Fork, UT
    Jan. 18, 2011 9:32 a.m.

Dunk with authority Jefferson! He should never have been knocked to the floor like he was on that hard foul by McGee without taking care of his business on the other end with McGee later. This team is too soft with their excuse me fouling. Too bad Sloan can't show them some of his old film on how to administer a foul on a player. When teams like the Wizards can manhandle the Jazz the way they did with impunity it drives me crazy. This team does not send statements about who owns their paint. How about taking care of business with the rookie John Wall? Is he untouchable? Apparently Stern has said hands off the rook. Setting an assists record? Come on! The Jazz were simple sleepwalking other than Deron. The way things are going, the Jazz will be hanging on by their fingernails at the end of this trip.

• JFFR Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 17, 2011 10:51 p.m.

After seeing Big Al lay the ball in on the fast break with Raja Bell, I was gonna post that it's time for DWill to pay Big Al $25 for every dunk (like he did for Matt Harpring.)

I cringed when I saw Big Al's statement "That's why I don't like to dunk." This is horrible. I'm okay with John Stockton not liking to dunk, but we need our big men to attack the rim. It's my biggest concern with Jefferson, he just doesn't go full force to the hoop.

Somebody please teach him to love to dunk.