Opinion

Readers' forum: Disappointing cartoon

Comments

• ECR Burke, VA
    Jan. 17, 2011 11:40 a.m.

mom of three - if you read this page on a regular basis you will come to know that I am a liberal and yet I was the one defending Boehner's tears. Oops! Your theory failed. Have a great day.

• mom of three Holladay, UT
    Jan. 16, 2011 7:43 p.m.

i'm sure that if it was a liberal, you would all be defending their right to cry. isn't it awesome that you can determine whether or not boehner's feelings are real or not? what a talent. i guess those of us on the right aren't allowed to have real feelings.

• Esquire Springville, UT
    Jan. 16, 2011 7:29 p.m.

My advice is to get over it. Some cartoons you will like and some you won't. If the cartoon was mocking Obama, would you object? And will Boehner cry for those that he is trying to take health benefits from? I doubt it. So I don't feel to sorry for him.

• LOL holladay, utah
    Jan. 16, 2011 10:25 a.m.

The Right has gotten so disgusting they will even act like whining babies to try to get the point across that they are the only true American patriots.

• Furry1993 Somewhere in Utah, UT
    Jan. 16, 2011 9:09 a.m.

Larry Miller shed real tears because he had a good and kind heart. John Boehner is not capable of shedding real tears, because he does NOT have a good and kind heart (his actions show that). Boehner is being criticized for his crocodile tears, and rightly so.

• ECR Burke, VA
    Jan. 16, 2011 8:21 a.m.

Excellent point Diane. Unfortunately our macho society has been telling us for years that "grown men don't cry" but some of us have been defying that notion whenever we are touched by a statement, an event, or even a moving piece of music. I usually disagree with Speaker Boehner's politics but I will defend his right to wear his heart on his sleeve all day long and I will continue to speak out against those who think that tears are only for children. "Funny how we see so much, but cannot feel a thing" is a line from a favorite song and I think our society has come to embrace that notion. May we all strive to feel more in our hearts and express those feelings however we see fit.

• embarrassed Utahn! Salt Lake City, UT
    Jan. 16, 2011 7:22 a.m.

ever hear of "Crocodile tears"? The man was basically a rubber-stamp for every disaster foisted upon our Nation by George Bush and Dick Cheney. Maybe that has something to do with the anger many of us feel toward Boehner!