Brad Rock: There's a good reason Jimmer Fredette's still at BYU

• Resident Spanish Fork, UT
    Dec. 17, 2010 10:33 a.m.

@deductive reasoning

Wow, I'd completely forgotten about Henderson. Does he still play? ;)

• The Rocker Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 16, 2010 5:57 p.m.

Please stop whinning about Rock being a Ute fan!
    I am a Ute fan. I think Jimmer is awesome.
    I think he has potential and I would be surprised if he did not do well in the NBA.
    I doubt we are talking superstar. But why not a shooter who comes in and rips the other team apart from time to time and makes game winning shots?
    I don't like it when people whine and play victim and demonize and sterotype. It is not right. Cant we all just be friends? Why is there so much hate in the rivalry? I know most BYU fans are probably not like that. But the ones that are should not have to ask why they are always picked on.

• oh ye confederacy of dunces Flushing, NY
    Dec. 16, 2010 9:40 a.m.

The Rock Monsta must've tired of reading all the Pro-Jimmer articles. Is it a coincidence that Rock's article came the same week Jimmer was named player of the week and receives yet another load of national accolades.
    Honestly Rock, would you have written this article if Jimmer dressed in Red? Really think about it...I know you wouldn't have. If Jimmer was a Ute, your article would have been along the lines of: "Many believe Jimmer can't make it at the next level, tell that to Stockton or Nash."

• deductive reasoning Arlington, VA
    Dec. 16, 2010 9:39 a.m.

Aren't these Jimmer naysayers the same bunch from last season who were claiming Henderson was better than Jimmer?

At least they're consistent.

• Solomon Levi Alpine, UT
    Dec. 16, 2010 9:30 a.m.

"I've seen Jimmer shut down by more athletic and faster guards when they've played him one-on-one,..."

Like we saw against Arizona's bigger, fasters guards?

You're forgetting; the NBA has an 82-game regular season. NOBODY plays every game with the same intensity you've seen in the one or two games teams have shut Jimmer down.

Just as with Collie being too slow to play WR in the NFL, Jimmer's naysayers will be proven wrong about Jimmer being too short and too slow to play the NBA.

Be sure to check back for your heaping serving of crow when Jimmer plays in his first NBA game.

• Wookie Omaha, NE
    Dec. 16, 2010 8:21 a.m.

I've seen Jimmer shut down by more athletic and faster guards when they've played him one-on-one, thus I'm not sold he will stick in the NBA. He is not fast enough or strong enough to last. He is a team player and thus, the Euros will suit him fine. Argue with me, and Jimmer will prove YOU wrong.

• eastcoastcoug Danbury, CT
    Dec. 16, 2010 4:41 a.m.

This article only proves that most NBA talent left early from college. It doesn't mean that everyone who stays 4 years is a loser. Only that most NBA players got hungry for the money rather than the degree. If they don't pan out, they are the losers. And with the lifestyle of most, that money is gone the minute it is received.

Jimmer likely thought his stock would go up (he became pre-season consensus All-American and is now player of the week), and he could play out his full 4 years at BYU. Maybe he's still in the hunt for a wife...

So the analysis is correct on these other people, but it doesn't necessarily predict all who stay 4 years, or Jimmer.

• killerbees Queensbury, NY
    Dec. 16, 2010 4:20 a.m.

UU32 here are the stats (those that matter from last year).

6 PER 30.9 21 Pts/Pos 1.23 7 Pts/g 22.1 2 Pts/40p 26.8 2 Pts/40 28.4 2 Pts 751 18 Ast/g 4.7 22 Ast/40p 5.7 19 Ast/40 6 19 Ast 159 5 3P% 44 5 FT% 89.2 23 Pos/g 18 14 Fga/40 18.5 20 Fga/40p 17.5 22 Fga 491 25 Fg/g 6.6 22 Fg/40 8.5 18 Fg 225 14 Fta/g 7.4 15 Fta/40 9.5 19 Fta/40p 9 12 Fta 251 3 Ftm/g 6.6 2 Ftm/40 8.5 1 Ftm/40p 8 3 Ftm 224 19 3p/g 2.3 22 3p/40 2.9 24 3p/40p 2.8 20 3p 77

How many DI players are there, most of the other top 25 are gone, don't have this years yet. Jimmer's not one of the best? Sorry if you don't understand each stat.

• CoachLongBeach Carlsbad, CA
    Dec. 16, 2010 1:30 a.m.

What we all should be doing is talking him up, because if we don't, the national media won't! Have you guys forgotten that he's at BYU and he's White? Two negatives for a kid that want;s to get any attention from the national media; that can catapult a kid into the top 5 pick first round.
    we all need to make some positive noise for this kid, he's that good, I don't know why anyone would even second guess unless they feel insecure about him being white, forget that, he can play, have confidence in him, he's proven himslef over and over. If you build him up, deservingly so, he will flurish and be an allstar, he's that type of kid and player. Seriously, think for just a second, and imagine him doing the things he is doing and he's black. Almost makes you sick, like he should be in the NBA right now and no question he's the MVP and 1st pick. I dare anyone to say I'm wrong.

• AK Cougar Palmer, AK
    Dec. 16, 2010 12:24 a.m.

Lots of good comments above. This article by Brad Rock proves one thing and one thing only. When anything BYU or Cougar is the topic then his jounalistic skills are forgotten.

Mr. Rock, please stay on your topic and that is the Utes. BYU is not your team.

Go Cougars and Go Jimmer.

• Howard S. Taylorsville, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 8:39 p.m.

TheSpiker | 4:01 p.m. Dec. 15, 2010
    Alpine, UT

Mr. TheSpiker of Alpine, Utah says:

"I also predict that most of your predictions will be proved worthless..."

Hey Mr. TheSpiker -

Rock at least made an attempt to back up his predictions with historical facts.

His facts may, or may not, be be misinterpreted, but at least he made the effort.

On what facts do you base your predictions?

• killerbees Queensbury, NY
    Dec. 15, 2010 8:01 p.m.

UU32, he also hit his average aginst Kansas! Basketball is not just about scoring, the guy is a genius on the court. Look at espn! Then compare combined stats for this year and last! Look at Reddick, he put 30 up tonight. Jimmer is twice the player Reddick is as Jimmer can create shots under any circumstance, Reddick can only shoot from outside, but has improved in the NBA, imagine what Jimmer will become. His best is yet to come.....and he has also been in the top 5 National Player candidates watch lists all year on all lists so.....someone sees what I do.

• Chris Degn San Antonio, TX
    Dec. 15, 2010 7:50 p.m.

Rock uses stats. Mark Twain once said, "There are 3 types of lies: lies, darned lies, and statistics." In other words, you can *prove* any lousy point you want to make with stats. Jimmer's gonna prove you wrong, my biased friend.

• Ashtrash Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 4:57 p.m.

Geez, Rock, did Jimmer run over your dog or something?

What a lame, pointless, and poorly-reasoned article.

• TheSpiker Alpine, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 4:01 p.m.

What a shame that so many "haters" can't appreciate a phenomenal college basketball player that happens to be here in the state at this time.

So many "armchair scouts" that feel the need to criticize him by predicting his future as one of "certainly not being an All Star" or "will only make it as a starter in Europe".

Do you feel better about yourselves now?

Here is what I know and predict.

I know that I enjoy watching him play ball. I know that I enjoy watching the Y team that we have this year play ball.

I predict that while you brilliant critics are working your "great careers", Jimmer will make a nice living playing in the NBA as a role player having a great time. I predict that many teams will want a young man that can come in and shoot as he does and that can come in to get fouled and make free throws as needed in critical situations.

I also predict that most of your predictions will be proved worthless (big surprise there).

• AZfarmer Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 3:11 p.m.

A few years ago Jameer Nelson was the college player of the year and led St. Joseph's to the elite eight. He wasn't drafted too high because he was too short, too slow, and didn't have a lot of upside. His career started a little slow but now he is a starter on a good Orlando Magic team and is a big part of his teams success. I think Jimmer could have a similar career in the pros.

• Louisiana Cougar Pineville, LA
    Dec. 15, 2010 3:08 p.m.

I really enjoy Jimmer Fredette and I think he has a chance to play some quality minutes in the NBA. Do I think he will be a star? Is he the next "Steve Nash" or even "Jason Kapono"? No . . . I don't think he will be a top NBA player because of his defensive liabilities.

But I'm sure glad Jimmer Fredette is a Cougar and I look forward to each game he plays. The NBA is so much bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than college basketball.

Rock on! You're right.

• UU32 Bountiful, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 2:38 p.m.

Jimmer is good, but the Stockton comparisons need to stop. Completely different kind of game.

killerbees - you are way off calling Jimmer "the most talented player in the country" Give me a break. You must be all hopped up on green jello or a relative of Jimmer? A great college basketball player? Of course. The most talented? HAHAHA! Do you not have ESPN or do you just watch every game with blue tinted sunglasses? Talent level is the reason Jimmer will drop in the draft and the reason he will not succeed in the NBA. Just flash back to watching him trip all over himself against a talented Kansas State back court last year if you want a preview of his defense against NBA talent. Too slow. He will be a zone busting back up PG in the NBA at best.

• CG Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 2:38 p.m.

We've heard it all before from the "experts"

Collie is too slow to make it as a wide receiver in the NFL.

Jimmer is too slow and too short to make it in the NBA.

Adrian Dantley is too short to play power forward in the NBA.

The truth is, Jimmer is a unique, one-of-a-kind talent that none of these so-called experts has a clue how successful Jimmer will be at the next level.

Lots of players with seemingly great NBA potential have been complete busts. Lots of players that weren't expected to even make an NBA roster have excelled.

Didn't the Jazz have an undrafted free agent last year who did pretty well?

Rock is just being a Utah homer here.

If Jimmer wore a crimson jersey, Rock would be bragging him up like he was the next John Stockton...

which Jimmer just might be.

As a BYU fan, I'm just enjoying watching Jimmer and BYU having a great season.

• dumprake Toquerville, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 2:14 p.m.

I am only a fan of a player as long as he is at BYU. Any player who goes pro, especially those who leave early, are off my list. Shawn Bradley was a terrible player, tall but awful, the only reason he stayed in the NBA as long as he did is because he's 7'6", but he has no talent. Fredette has talent, loads of it, and if the NBA doesn't want it, I love him for staying 4 years. Pro sports is a cesspool anyway.

• Winglish Lehi, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 2:11 p.m.

Jimmer will make the NBA as a shooter. The guy can knock it down from anywhere on the court. He fearlessly shoots in the face of multiple defenders every night. My prediction is that Jimmer will be an excellent role player for a team that needs someone to stretch the defense.

I think the comparisons to Nash and Stockton are off base and not really fair to Fredette. Had anyone known what Nash or Stock would become would have drafted them #1. We all know Jimmer's not going that high. He'll be drafted in a role player's spot in the draft and that's what his new team will expect from him. Anything he does beyond his shooting role is icing on the cake.

• Doctor J Manti, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 1:51 p.m.

I find the article a bit odd...Brad, what is your point?

Jimmer is right in the middle of a phenominal senior season...he is getting accolades from all across the land...Oscar Roberston award, Dick Vitale, All American first team, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, BIG TIME media & basketball experts & he is playing exceptionally well...then Brad Rock (a local writer) comes out with this...What is your point Brad?

• WallyD North Salt Lake, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 1:10 p.m.

Have to agree with most of the comments on here. Horrible article. He didn't get a first round commitment last year, that doesn't mean he won't go or be good in the NBA. Part of the problem is the paltry success BYU players in general have had in the NBA.
    Rock, look up a guy named, STEVE NASH. A lot of young guys are going in the NBA right now, but that doesn't mean 4 years in college dooms any potential NBA career.

• wer South Jordan, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 12:38 p.m.

As improbable as it seems, a player's worth in college has nothing to do with their time in the pros. A pro career does not validate a person's college contributions or the person him/her self.

• Captain L Provo, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 12:27 p.m.

Jimmer will be lucky to be a first round pick, I hope he is, and I hope he goes to a team that will use him and his strengths but his athleticism is questionable at the NBA level. Defense will be the main concern, is he quick enough to guard the Roses, Walls, DWills,CP3s, Westbrooks of the NBA, I don't know if he is?
    His shooting is his strength, his ball handling is good, his ability to penetrate is good but getting his shot off against the NBA level defender is still a question.
    Every team needs a shooter though and Jimmer could make a team like Korver has. He has a good body and looks like he could handle the physical aspects of the NBA game.
    I think the competition he was able to play against last summer was probably invaluable for him. I'm hoping he makes it in the NBA, he could end up like a Mark Price and have a very good NBA career, it's questionable/ uncertain though.

Dec. 15, 2010 12:01 p.m.

Nice a non-scout as you put it commenting on a talented player. Jimmer is much better than Neville, Britton Johnsen and all those other players you mentioned. He can score in many different ways. He can spot up and create. I think he will be just fine.

• Hellooo Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 11:17 a.m.

Rock, speculation is fine, but to make sound fact based by citing statistics about past players is a bit much. And, even then you include Trent who left as a junior. Please, continue your writing with the normal humor and leave the stat stuff and history analysis to the geeks. And, as they say in the financial industry, past performance and history of funds is no predictor of future performance. So, it is with college players, so enjoy them as they play at the college level and hope them the best in the future pursuits.

• oh ye confederacy of dunces Flushing, NY
    Dec. 15, 2010 11:15 a.m.

There is no one more cowardly than a hater.
    I disagree wholeheartedly with this article--and not because I am a Jimmer fan. Jimmer has unique skills that allow him to score in the face of guys that are more athletic, taller, faster and overall "better" basketball players. Kind of reminds me of another 6 ft nothing guard no one believed in that came out of...I think it was Ganzaga a few decades ago. The long list of players cited in this article who did not make it in the NBA did not have this "play-making" ability. If given a chance, Jimmer will shine in the NBA. When you can stop and pop threes on a dime from 5 feet beyond the three point line and make them with regularity, there is a place for you in the NBA. When you can routinely finish at the rim amongst guys that are taller, bigger and more aggressive than you are, there is a place for you in the NBA. When you are unflapable under pressure there is a place for you in the NBA.
    Sorry Rock, your analysis is biased and skewed as it often is.

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Dec. 15, 2010 10:33 a.m.

Rock is right on. Jimmer is a great college player who game will not work in the NBA. He is too slow to guard and can't see the floor. Jimmer should enjoy this season as it will be his last in the United States.

• utahcountyute Cedar Hills, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 10:26 a.m.

"If he does go late I hope Miami picks him up, that could be a dynasty and Jimmer would fit oh so well for that team"

Just what they need is another scoring threat. PLEASE!

I have to admit that Jimmer is the best thing to come out of byu basketball since 1982.

• CG Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 10:20 a.m.

The point of the article is that Mr. Rock is a Utah fan, so he desperately has to do something to try to minimize what's shaping up to be a great year for Jimmer and the Cougars.

Since he would look like a fool trying to tear down Jimmer's play this year, after Jimmer was named to almost everybody's preseason All American teams and Jimmer was just named National Player of the Week award, Mr. Rock has to find something that can't be disproven, yet.

Mr. Rock has no proof that Jimmer won't be a great NBA player. All he has is some silly theory that because Jimmer decided to play his senior year, that somehow proves that Jimmer will only be a marginal NBA prospect.

• bkcharles Snowflake, AZ
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:55 a.m.

Sorry, Plaisted left after his junior year. I remember very specifically because I could tell that he wasn't ready (I guess I am a pretty good judge of talent). For a guy that was 6-10 or 11, his offensive game was like a (slow) small forward, not a center or forward.

Please don't give Shawn Bradley as an example of a success story that came out of college after his freshman year. I also knew that he would never be an All-Star. The only reason he stayed around the league was because he was 7-6 and could block shots and could rebound. Maybe if he would have learned how to create scoring opportunities and developed some self confidence in the less talented College venue, he could have been viewed as something other than a 7-6 defensive specialist. Maybe if he wouldn't have come into the NBA that first season as an under-weight (for a 7-6 guy in the NBA), out of shape returned missionary he could have developed some confidence in his skills instead of feeling the pressure to produce on his $40 million contract from the very start.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:53 a.m.

Pointless article. I read it twice and it still doesn't make sense.

Hall of Fame Coaches, professional scouts and owners can't predict who will make it in the NBA. Evidently, Brad Rock can.

Jimmer is a great offensive player...the best scorer at BYU since Mike Smith. He reminds me of a collegiate Steve Nash who played at "powerhouse" Santa Clara. Nobody predicted Nash's stardom either. (maybe the rock monster did!)

Leave Jimmer alone. He's a great college player who will have a chance to play in the NBA. I personally would love to see him succeed.

• ProvoAggie Provo, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:50 a.m.

I can't stand BYU but I will admit that Jimmer has some serious talent and I'm sure he'll do just fine in the NBA. Am I expecting him to be the next Kobe Bryant or Lebron James? Absolutely not but that doesn't mean that he can't be a critical piece to the team. Paul Milsap played 4 years at La Tech and look at him now. Ronnie Price played 2 years at the JC level and then 2 at UVSC when they were making the transition to D1 and look at him now. There are 2 great Jazz players that played 4 years in college and are making major contributions in the NBA. You are an absolute moron if you don't think that Jimmer will at least contribute somewhat in the NBA then you are a moron...I think we already knew that though.

• BlueCoug Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:49 a.m.

"Could you imagine Jimmer trying to guard Kobe though?"

No, but I can't imagine Stockton guarding Magic either.

Good coaches find ways of maximizing the talent they have available.

A shooting guard with great range who can handle the ball and penetrate defenses would be very valuable to a lot of NBA teams.

• USAlover Salt Lake City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:41 a.m.

And, oh, your "if you can play, why stay" argument is bogus.

Tim Duncan stayed in school. JJ Redick stayed in school. Shane Battier stayed in school. Several other in the NBA stayed in school. Wanting to stay in school has nothing to do with ability...

• TrueBlue Orem, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:34 a.m.

What a shock! Another negative article about BYU from Utah fan Rock.

If Rock were really so astute at evaluating NBA, he'd be in the NBA making alot more money as an NBA director of player personnel, instead of writing about it.

Jimmer will be playing in the NBA next season (whenever that is). How well he does will depend on the team he plays for and how adept his coach is at taking advantage of Jimmer's strengths.

• duck Saint George, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:32 a.m.

You may be right, but then you may just be biased towards Utah. Just look at your list of Less-than-stellar performers. They're all from the U. Oops, maybe that says more about the Utes than about the players.

• cactusflats American Fork, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:27 a.m.

Interesting perspective. I'd say Paul Millsap's four years at Louisiana Tech would be a counter-example, except that Paul didn't get drafted until the second round. I think the point of the article is still right on the money: if Jimmer thought he would have been drafted high, he would already be playing (or sitting) in the NBA and collecting huge checks. He didn't, and he's not. Maybe next year will be different. The Jazz could use a lights-out shooting guard with Jimmer's range. Could you imagine Jimmer trying to guard Kobe though?

• Tommy2Shoes Lehi, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 9:15 a.m.

Glad he chose to stick around. Jimmer is great to watch in a college hoops environment. Hope he makes his dreams come true next year. If he has enough talent he will make it and I'll start watching whichever team plays him.

• Doctor J Manti, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 8:27 a.m.

Wes Matthews played four years a Marquet and now he will play 12-14 years in the NBA....College prepares guys for the NBA...Rock, when did Plaisted play 4 years in college...while I have found Rock and his humor entertaining over the last couple of decades, assessing NBA talent may not be his strongest suit

• Jeff ls Farr West, 84404
    Dec. 15, 2010 8:01 a.m.

Wow Brad, are you talking with the voice of experience or are you just a talking head. Are you a certified talent scout or are you just another in a way tooooooo long line of talking heads. Have you ever had a great assist, blocked a shot, hit a three point shot from 28 feet, stolen the ball, stuffed the basketball so hard it left red marks on your wrists? Like most of us, you really have no clue as to who will be successful and who won't be successful. I have done all of those and I never played high school ball. I don't know the answers either but he is a class act, really fun to watch and it is easy to cheer for him. Wish the best for Jimmer. When it comes down to it, our points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals mean absolutely nothing. The way we conduct our lives does. Go hug some gangsters. You can find them everywhere in the NBA.

• FreeMan Heber City, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 7:34 a.m.

What was the point of this? Typical media trying to create a controversy where none exists.

• 3grandslams Iowa City, IA
    Dec. 15, 2010 6:41 a.m.

Yah, Jimmer's more like Stockton, no chance at all.

• Sloppy J St. Louis, MO
    Dec. 15, 2010 6:39 a.m.

It largely depends on what team he lands on. Let's face it; unless you're a "can't miss" type of player, your opportunities will vary greatly depending on who's playing ahead of you.

Jimmer won't go high because of the endless pursuit of "TUP," for those of you that read Bill Simmons. He's about as good as he's going to be already, unlike some 19-year-old freak athlete with little in the way of basketball skills. Scouts love those TUP guys.

We just don't know how his career will pan out. I hope he has a nice, long NBA career and don't see why that can't happen. Those who are sure it won't happen are probably the same folks who were sure Austin Collie wasn't a legit NFL receiver.

• GACougar Suwanee, GA
    Dec. 15, 2010 5:40 a.m.

He may not do much in the Pros. We will have to wait and see on that. But what we do know is that he is tearing it up in college. And frankly, that is a beautiful thing!

• BYU DUDE Provo, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 5:31 a.m.

When most are trying to build the Kid up, you try to tear him down Lousy article.!!!

• killerbees Queensbury, NY
    Dec. 15, 2010 4:39 a.m.

• killerbees Queensbury, NY
    Dec. 15, 2010 4:36 a.m.

Not sure I really understand the purpose of this article. Very strange, what is the point. Jimmer stayed in school, yes, because he could not get a solid 1st round draft committment. He also worked out with NBA teams to find out what he needed to improve on. The guys no dummy, watch him play basketball, he's not only the most talented player on any College court right now but also the smartest. Jimmer wanted to get his degree and cement what has turned out to be an incredible College career. Most of those young guys have 1 good year and then decide "I better go while my states are good", what will next year bring? Not Fredette. Harrison Barnes, come on! Jimmer would embarass him. Jimmer- National Player of the year, 1st round draft pick and 15 year NBA career and what ever team gets him, gets no baggage, just a very talented, hardworking basketball player who loves the game like no other!

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz Provo, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 3:51 a.m.

By the way Deron stayed for 3 years at Illinois and his stats weren't all that impressive in college. 67% from the free throw line and only about 13 points a game his junior year. I recollect Dee Brown and Augustine having just as much to do with their NCAA tournament run as Deron did. Maybe that just proves your point that college doesn't mean much, but I for one think there are plenty of busts that come out early.

Wesley Matthews seems to be doing pretty well for himself after 4 years of college and nobody even spent a draft pick on him.

Let's face it, its pretty hard to know who is going to be good in the NBA before they play there, so why don't you just wait and rip on Jimmer when he doesn't perform once he is there?

Ripping on him now while he is dominating college competition just makes you seem like nothing but a hater!

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz Provo, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 3:06 a.m.

I'm sure you were one of the people who said Steph Curry wouldn't be any good in the NBA either.

• DEW Cougars Sandy, UT
    Dec. 15, 2010 1:25 a.m.

Brad go light on this kid. We don't know how far he will go and he'll be fine. He is having fun on his final season in college and what is wrong with that?
    Go Jimmer and Cougars. And good part what Cynic saying from Frank Layton on Jimmer.

• CoachLongBeach Carlsbad, CA
    Dec. 15, 2010 12:37 a.m.

If he does go late I hope Miami picks him up, that could be a dynasty and Jimmer would fit oh so well for that team. A real threat but a PG who can creat and dish to guys who can finish.

IF he goes early like he should, New York would be great fit in the East and Houston in the West.

• cynic Appleton, WI
    Dec. 14, 2010 11:29 p.m.

Memo to Brad:
    I heard what Frank Layden had to say about Fredette on Saturday. Whose opinion do you suppose is worth more, his or yours?