Sports

BYU football: Bronco Mendenhall excited to be going 'home'

Comments

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Dec. 14, 2010 10:57 p.m.

Re: Rock of the Marne

Play someone and then come talk.

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    Dec. 14, 2010 7:17 p.m.

@ Cougar Claws "I love the smell of fresh cupcakes" Well you better start smelling your own team then as 6-6 dosen't impress anyone. Glad to see the delusions of grandeur are back with Y fan base.

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    Dec. 14, 2010 7:12 p.m.

Wayne Rout - I would take UTEPs B-ball accomplishments in the post season over BYU's (UTEP has NCAA NC Banner) so I wouldn't get to cocky with all that. Also way to be supportive of your home town team; the jibe about not getting n the MWC was pure class. Let me give you one right back at you did a 6-6 season help BYU fans to realize why they were not invited to the PAC 10/12?

• Cougar Claws Lindon, UT
    Dec. 14, 2010 7:01 p.m.

Re: Wayne Rout

There are two main differences between BYU and UTEP, just so you know:

1. UTEP's cupcake schedule.
    2. BYU actually plays defense.

BYU's offense struggling offensive numbers are practically the same as UTEP's good numbers, and BYU has much better defense with a TOUGHER schedule. No team has scored more than 35 points against BYU, even when they struggled, and even against the good teams. What makes you think UTEP will even manage to put 21 points on the board?

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see UTEP put up a fight in the first half, but I fully expect BYU to comfortably pull away in the second half.

I love the smell of fresh cupcakes :)

• Wayne Rout El Paso, TX
    Dec. 14, 2010 6:31 p.m.

I see two wins over UTEP in less than a week; football Saturday, basketball the following Thursday. It will be easier for UT at El Paso fans to realize why they were omitted from the MWC.

• TJ Eagle Mountain, UT
    Dec. 14, 2010 2:07 p.m.

I couldn't have said this in October but I am really looking forward to seeing this team play again. The last few games were fun to watch.

Good Luck Cougars.

• dustman Nampa, ID
    Dec. 14, 2010 10:51 a.m.

Gooooo Cougars!

• fresnogirl Fresno, CA
    Dec. 14, 2010 10:29 a.m.

Good luck to Bronco and the team! Goooo Cougars!

• Gary Kinney Huntington Beach, CA
    Dec. 14, 2010 9:39 a.m.

You can "BET" on it! Ha ha

• Idaho Coug Meridian, Idaho
    Dec. 14, 2010 8:25 a.m.

Two of the main events are in casinos. The first time their not in Vegas in years and the still end up spending a lot of their time in casinos.

Go Cougs!!

• DC Alexandria, VA
    Dec. 14, 2010 5:50 a.m.

"A lot of Miner fans" ... that's a good one.
    Not sure how many fans from either school will be at this game. Hopefully BYU fans will show up for this one.