Sports

Utah Utes football: U. facing an improved Aztec team

HEadyherehere

Comments

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 20, 2010 6:58 a.m.

Unlike the BYU / SDSU game where it became necesary for our man in the booth, aka our 'ace in the hole' to 'win' the game for the team. Today's Ute game will simply not be that close.

There is simply not enough preparation or time to set in motion the things needed to tip the scales in favor of the Utes when it comes down to a 'pivotal' call like that BYU/SDSU game.

There's no way to save a sinking ship.

Now all of you Ute fans get mentally prepared for today's game. Your star QB 'thinks' he's ready. I hope you are too!

To show your support while at today's game instead of doing the 'wave' I suggest a new modification to it.

Instead of standing and raising your arms just simply sit and tuck your head between your legs while booing! It's kind of like the fetal position. I know you can do it, you've had plenty of practice lately.

Aztecs 35
    Utes 10

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 20, 2010 2:08 a.m.

Either way, Utah wins in this game.
    If they end up coming out on the bottom end of the score, they atleast will have been honorable in accepting defeat. Unlike their little brother who had a paid employee in the replay booth to make sure all questionable calls went their way. Shameful.

Utah should win this game handily. Rocky Long´s defense is good, but I liked Whittingham´s comments. I think he is going to make more conservative play calls on offense and let the O-Line advantage play a major role in the running game and short passing game. No interceptions today.

Go Utes!!

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Nov. 19, 2010 5:24 p.m.

This is going to be a tough game. If the Utes had the "replay booth" edge I'd feel more confident.

Go Utes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Flame of the West The OC, CA
    Nov. 19, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Go Utes...would love to see SDSU take a beating - they earned it after showing true colors over the bad-call video replay.

• TheSpiker Alpine, UT
    Nov. 19, 2010 3:42 p.m.

Dear Rock Of The Marne

Little brother here to amaze and amuse you.

I'm spending my time worrying about Utah instead of the Y because we still aren't even bowl eligible. I know it's a poor way to back up smack talk but it is all I have right now.

After this weekend, when we are bowl eligible, I will then worry more about the Y.

It will all be settled on the field next weekend. Fortunately for U it is your home game (not that it helped much against TCU). I anticipate a hard fought game. Would love to attend with you or maybe you can just come over to my place and we'll watch it in the theater. (Yes, boasting on my part.)

Hey, your basketball team is 2-0. Does anyone else smell NC! (Just kidding of course. Just trying to amaze and amuse my new buddy.)

• Utes21 Salt Lake City, ut
    Nov. 19, 2010 3:40 p.m.

Man I hope one day tds can win another a natinal championship! Is that what you call 1984 a natinal championship? I also hope one day their fans can learn how to spell!
    This is going to be a tough game if they come out the way they have the last two. Wynn needs to show his leadership, he has at times this year but this game and the next will prove his character. If he comes out struggling Cain deserves to play. Go Utes!!!

• Rock Of The Marne Phoenix, AZ
    Nov. 19, 2010 3:08 p.m.

Oh goodie, the little brothers are back yet again with there tales of doom and gloom for the U of U. Too bad you have to spend your time worrying about Utah instead of your team that still isn't even bowl eligible; that's a poor way to back up smack talk. You Cougar fans never fail to amaze and amuse me.

• Salemite Salem, Ut
    Nov. 19, 2010 1:07 p.m.

If you guys lose tomorrow, yours will be one of the worst falls from grace in recent history. Less than a month ago you were positioning for a Natinal Championship!

I hope you got the bugs worked out this week. SDSU is smelling blood!

• Duds Salt Lake City, UT
    Nov. 19, 2010 12:27 p.m.

DavidUteFan "Credit goes to the replay booth"

Whatever makes you feel better about your team David.

Either way, it's going to be a tough game to try to get some confidence back for the Utes. I really hope they get it going, but if they don't, the Coug fans are going to be in full force leading up to TDS/Yewtie game.

• Ted H. Midvale, UT
    Nov. 19, 2010 12:19 p.m.

Hey yewties,

If San Diego wins do you think they would be the #1 team in the country?

After all.......

"I honestly think you might be seeing the two best college football teams playing this Saturday and I'll defend that any time."
    - Zane Taylor

Oh wait, I guess that means if San Diego wins byu would be the best team in the country since byu beat san diego and san diego beat yewtah.

Either way - go aztecs

• davidutefan Evanston, WY
    Nov. 19, 2010 12:12 p.m.

and Tom: the credit still goes to the replay booth

• davidutefan Evanston, WY
    Nov. 19, 2010 12:11 p.m.

end of an error: What? Georgia's so bad that you have to comment out this way. Utah rights the ship and wins 27-20

• Tom in CA Vallejo, CA
    Nov. 19, 2010 10:25 a.m.

I guess the Cougars beat a quality team. Good luck.

• Utesforlife Lehi, UT
    Nov. 19, 2010 10:18 a.m.

San Diego really seems to play to the level of their competition this year. The majority of their games have been decided by 10 or less. They beat NM by 10, Wyoming by 10 and CSU by 5. I think this will be a close game. If Jordan Wynn can relax and just play, Utah will win by a TD. The Utah secondary needs to play better this week. Time to hand the Aztecs their first home loss of the year.

Go Utes!!! 31-24 for Utah!

• Cali Coug Visalia, CA
    Nov. 19, 2010 9:20 a.m.

SDSU 10 - uou 7

• EndOfAnError-01/20/2013 Suwanee, GA
    Nov. 19, 2010 8:51 a.m.

Prediction: SDSU 45 - UU 21

Not going to be a good day for the Utes.