Sports

Utah Utes football: Team looks for redemption at Notre Dame

Comments

• sammyg Springville, UT
    Nov. 12, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Well another splendid weekend of football is about to begin.

The 'afterglow' of last weekend has not diminished... Not one bit! Thank you TCU for 'the most historic BEATDOWN in RES'. What a game! Historic does not come close to describing it.

It's redemption or the infernal pit this weekend for all you Uties. I'll be watching and will be here after the game... as usual.

If I'm wrong about this game, I'm wrong. If I'm right, I'll tell you. I won't be curling into a fetal position like many of you did for several days or forever like NC Utes 2010 because I care about you Ute fans. I have all season.

7-47... Jumbo Jet... that's the best BYU smack of the season.

Mark it down! Ha ha haaaaa!

Irish by 10!!!

• fresnogirl Fresno, CA
    Nov. 12, 2010 11:19 p.m.

Good Luck Utes. Show them how we play football in Utah!

• Utah Girl Vernal, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 2:25 a.m.

When the Utes and BYU play, them I'm all BYU. But when they are playing other teams, I cheer for both of you. I've got kids at the U, and at BYU, so that's how it goes. I wish both teams success in Saturday's games, and I'll be flipping back and forth between channels to watch them!

• firestorm Lehi, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 5:40 a.m.

I am really hoping Uteees don't get punked by the pipe smokin green midget. Utes really are better than they showed last week. However, South Bend is hard home terf to play on. A loss today would portend a total crash and burn at the end of the season. U-Tah should win today, but their season will be remembered for the EPIC FAILURE 7-47 however it turns out.

• hedgehog Ann Arbor, MI
    Nov. 13, 2010 5:56 a.m.

Rain expected. Highs in the low 60's

• NC FROGS 2010 Gilbert, AZ
    Nov. 13, 2010 8:05 a.m.

Too bad the Utes will never get a return visit from a team like ND...and its a good thing that the Frogs won't be visiting for awhile either!

• UtahManDan Providence, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 8:20 a.m.

Funny how BYU fans are supporting two teams, TCU and Notre Dame, that don't even acknowledge BYU as being a christian school. At least most Utah fans consider BYU fans to be christian...self-righteous for sure, but christian nonetheless.

• FrogFan Alexandria, VA
    Nov. 13, 2010 8:32 a.m.

While I'm not sure Utah deserved a top 5 ranking, I have no doubt they are a quality team. The Utes were simply overmatched against a very good TCU team. Coach Wit has done another excellent job getting his team to perform at a high level. I will be rooting for the Utes today. Go into South Bend and make our conference proud by pounding the sad Irish. Utes by at least 4 touchdowns!

• utefan56 st george, utah
    Nov. 13, 2010 9:14 a.m.

Firestorm....thanks for the kind thoughts about the UTES victory today!..and I'm sure people won't forget the kitty beatdown the cougars took this year by USU either...!

• BYU Fan who also likes Utah Provo, Utah
    Nov. 13, 2010 9:54 a.m.

UtahManDan, The first two BYU fans who posted on this article today said they want the Utes to win. I also am cheering for the Utes, as I always do when they are not playing BYU. And since when do BYU fans support Notre Dame? If any BYU fans want Notre Dame to win, it is because they are cheering against Utah.

For me, Notre Dame is my least favorite team in College football. It will make me exceedingly happy to see Utah dismantle them in South Bend.

• wwookie Payson, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 10:28 a.m.

Return to form
    With a chop on their shoulder, the utes will win this one convincingly. Remember, last weekĀ“s loss was not an upset. Utah was supposed to lose (albeit not by so much).

Utes by about 20

Offense will be back on track, though Wynn probably throws another pick or two. Asiata will again show he should be the main back. Christopher will find the ball sticking to his fingers a little more than last week, and the defensive line should hold the young qb from ND in check.

Go Utes!!!

• WestCoast1 Escondido, CA
    Nov. 13, 2010 11:46 a.m.

There are only 3 guarantees in life: death, taxes, and that sammyg will be the first to attempt to trash the Utes on an article about the Utes. (Classy!) Come on, sammyg, pay more attention to your own team who, the last time I checked, was below .500, including embarrassing losses to Utah State and Air Force. I'll take 8-1 over 4-5 any day, as would most intelligent people.

About the Utes, this is a unique opportunity for the program to visit one of the best venues for college football in the country. It will be a chance to showcase the Utes to a national audience as well.

Good luck, Utes!

• rok San Diego, CA
    Nov. 13, 2010 2:45 p.m.

After playing high school teams all season, the Utes are showing their true colors.

• OnlyInUtah Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Nov. 13, 2010 2:50 p.m.

It's not a question of redemption.. for the utes it will be looking for hope. Luck o' the Irish will suck all hope from the the utes.