Utah Utes football: Doing own job is key for Utah's touted 'D'

• Magna Ute Fan Magna, UT
    Oct. 29, 2010 11:57 a.m.

You're picking Utah to dominate TCU??? I think it will be very close. This may be the best football game, based on rank and competitiveness, ever played in the state of Utah. I think Utah will prevail because of the home field advantage.

I can't wait! Go Utes!!!

• Silent Observer SLC, UT
    Oct. 29, 2010 11:04 a.m.

Re: mosbyjim

Thanks for the classy comment :-)

• mosbyjim Vernal, UT
    Oct. 29, 2010 9:21 a.m.

Utah is looking great! As a True Blue BYU fan I wish it was us instead of Utah. Keep up the great work Utah!

• VegasUte Las Vegas, NV
    Oct. 29, 2010 2:08 a.m.

Tomahawk: Can't argue with you at all, except my prediction is Utah 41 - AF 17.

Go Utes! Go Crimson!

PS: Happy Nevada Day!

BD can't wait until November 6!!

• Tomahawk Red North Salt Lake, UT
    Oct. 29, 2010 12:28 a.m.

The Utes will have NO problem with Air Force this weekend. Yes, the competition will be better, no doubt. But Utah will still roll. The Utes are just too good for the Falcons and I think they know it.

This is, in my estimation, perhaps the best football team Utah has ever had.

Utah 35
    Air Force 17

While I'm at it, I'll also say that I fully expect Utah to beat TCU on Nov. 6. TCU, while a great team for sure, just lacks the weapons needed to beat Utah at Rice. The home field advantage will be the difference.

TCU 21
    Utah 38

• MiP Iowa City, IA
    Oct. 28, 2010 7:07 p.m.

This D has been outstanding, but the one thing they haven't faced is good, experienced QB play.

AFA's Jefferson, ND's Crist and TCU's Dalton will give them a good test.

Go Utes!

• Muss Man Draper, UT
    Oct. 28, 2010 10:13 a.m.

Utah's defense is a thing of beauty. We have two lock-down corners and two safeties that know how to hit.

I expect Utah to be well-prepared and hungry against the Falcons this week!

• ExDixieIte Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 28, 2010 10:11 a.m.

While this defense is as strong as any I've seen in years of bleeding red there is one thought that would make this defense even scarier.

Paul Christian Kruger would have been a senior this year.

• Archie O\'Fallon, MO
    Oct. 28, 2010 10:10 a.m.

Frazil man

Assignment football involves roles, responsibility, and accountability.

Bronco preaches "executing at a higher level." Do you know what that means? Zero responsibility and zero accountability at the individual level.

Huge difference.

• Skierelmo Oakley, UT
    Oct. 28, 2010 9:07 a.m.

Yeah... but if bronco said it it would have taken 10 minutes and 200 words or more.

• Frazil man Cottonwood Heights, UT
    Oct. 28, 2010 7:50 a.m.

Assignment sound defense...sounds like he's pulling a quote from Bronco. I don't want to hear that, I want him to talk about athletes and being fast and making plays, not sticking to assignments...That is my sarcasm for the day, just trying to sound like Ute fans and their garbage spew about Bronco.

• Uteology Fort Worth, Texas
    Oct. 28, 2010 12:32 a.m.

Lamar Chapman is amazing on a corner blitz. I was dissappointed in last years defense but this year they seem to be playing better even with the 5 NFL players leaving.

Go Utes!!!