Sports

Carmelo Anthony's glad to get Utah Jazz in opener; Karl returns to Nuggets

Comments

• The Great Houdini Rye, CO
    Oct. 27, 2010 8:52 a.m.

Tough game,lot`s of emotion with Karl back,we`ll need to keep our focus.Miles/Capt L,I`ll give you guys everything except for Bell being an up grade over Matthews.I`m hoping CJ learned a whole bunch last year watching Wes.He is a big key to our success.GO JAZZ!!!

• SportzFan Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 9:55 a.m.

Matthews was +22 for Portland last night. Sorry he had to go, but that $9 million was needed to pay for other parts of the Utah Jazz puzzle.

• jazzbball Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 10:36 a.m.

That's cool, Carmelo. The Jazz are glad to get the Nuggets in the opener too. Just to show you that we're the new king of the division.
    Bow down to D-Will and Big Al, Carmello. It begins.

Go Jazz!

• CJ Miles Dallas, TX
    Oct. 27, 2010 10:58 a.m.

I still think the veteran leadership of Bell will go a lot farther than the +22 of Matthews last night. I think Bell is more respected by the officials and is better at guarding the perimeter. I think he has a better 3 point shot too.

If Hayward can give the Jazz 10 minutes a game and be productive, I won't miss Matthews or Korver at all. This team will be so much better on defense.

So I guess we will find out tonight if we can slow down Melo or if he goes for 40 on us. I want to see bell guard him for sure.

• Jazz Source Alpine, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 11:33 a.m.

re: CJ

I agree with you and I won't miss Korver no matter what. He was a one-dimensional player who provide a giant goose egg against the Lakers. A complete no show non-factor 2 years in a row in the playoffs when it matters most.

I think Bell has to be guarded because he actually has a better career 3 pt % than Korver (fractionally better but nonetheless just as good over time).

I''m not sure what teams you are watching though because Bell at th 2 guard won't be guarding Melo. melo plays 3 or 4 depending on who is on the floor.

Melo may go for 40 but the upside is that means most of his team mates are standing and watching which means we stand a decent chance.

Most of his team mates now know that he does not want to be there with them anyways. I can't imagine that would build alot of trust in that locker room that would translate to helping each other on the floor.

It is on the road so any game is tough to win so I hope the Jazz can squeak one out.

• Ute Fan In Utah West Jordan, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 4:03 p.m.

Didn't know someone could be so excited to lose the first game of the season. Go JAZZ!

• The Karate Kid Bountiful, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 6:07 p.m.

This will be fun! What a great rivaly this has been over the last few years. But then we all want Denver to win when they play against the Lakers. And Denver fans want us to win when we play the Lakers. I dont care who wins this year as long as the Lakers lose! Boo to the Lakers!

• jazz_man Fajardo, PR
    Oct. 27, 2010 7:04 p.m.

LOL Karate Kid you're right the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

• Johnson72 Salt Lake City, UT
    Oct. 27, 2010 8:16 p.m.

I would rather be King of the Conferance than King of the Division!, Go Lakers how sweep last season was!!