Sports

Utah Jazz: New big man Al Jefferson shows big heart

Comments

• Jazz-Nation
    Sept. 11, 2010 6:15 p.m.

Big AL will be here for years to come. I am sure he will retire a Jazz and have his Jersey hung in the rafters and help us win a title too. Your a class act Big Al! WELCOME HOME!!GO JAZZ!!

• rvalens2
    Sept. 11, 2010 1:43 a.m.

What a breath of fresh air!

I feel like a dead weight has been lifted from the team.

Big Al sounds unselfish to the core, I can't wait to see him play. Given enough time, he is going to lift everybody's play another notch or two.

• Dolly
    Sept. 10, 2010 3:57 p.m.

Can you imagine the reception this guy is going to get when he steps on the court for his first appearance? He has already established a huge fan base because of his attitude and obvious sense of community. Now if he can just PLAY BASKETBALL!!! I think we will see something really good happening. I can't wait. Go Jazzboys!!!

• UTAH MAN AM I
    Sept. 10, 2010 1:46 p.m.

Great guy, class act all the way. The interesting thing about him is he'll get a lot more slack on the court because of his off-court attitude and actions. If he has an off night, I doubt people will be on his case the way they were on Boozer. I'm pumped to have him on this team!!!

• LKA
    Sept. 10, 2010 1:34 p.m.

You are right AL. These kids are going to be the ones taking care of all of us when we ate feeble..

• AllSeeingEye
    Sept. 10, 2010 11:32 a.m.

Class act. The real deal.

Thanks, Al, not only for coming to Utah, but for being excited to be here!

• pierre123
    Sept. 10, 2010 11:16 a.m.

He and Loozer and and different wave lengths. I cant wait to see him play. The Jazz got a lot better this off season.

• mkSdd3
    Sept. 10, 2010 9:53 a.m.

Al, you have already won our hearts, now take DWill and go win us a championship!

• Not Asleep
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:57 a.m.

What a difference unselfishness and gratitude makes. This kind of give-back attitude will ignite inspiration in fans as much as anything not to mention sell tickets. Way to go Al J!

• tmoney
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:46 a.m.

Al hasn't played a game and he has won all of us over including myself.

• Kyle loves BYU/Jazz
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:45 a.m.

Awesome. Good for Al Jefferson. I'm glad to see he is trying to put his fame and fortune to good use. I'm sure those kids will never forget it.

• giggle
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:38 a.m.

Looking forward to seeing Big Al dominate the paint. What a good man!

• DEW Cougars
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:21 a.m.

why worry about Boozer? Welcome Al and I am sure your mom going to love this what you do here in utah. Some people will need the help when comes to school, thank you. Every year my wife who is a teacher had to pull some cash on her own to get their needs.

• BYUCOLORADO
    Sept. 10, 2010 8:20 a.m.

I am from Boston and loved Big Al when he was on the Celtics. I was sad to see him go when Kevin came (it worked out alright). He is a great player and a great person while he was in Boston. I don't praise the Jazz a lot, but you guys did a great job in landing Al Jefferson.

• Veracity
    Sept. 10, 2010 7:21 a.m.

Anybody wondering what the "Loser" is doing for the kids in Chicago...welcome Al, its great to have you here.