Sports

BYU football notebook: Steve Sarkisian says Cougars look eerily familiar

Comments

• dakuwaqa
    Sept. 4, 2010 3:57 p.m.

Okay goofballs, its UW not WU. University of Washington, not Washington University. Let's get the acronyms right if we're gonna post something on the competition.

• BlueHusky
    Sept. 4, 2010 12:39 p.m.

BYU is too young to win this game. Not only the QB controversy but the sheer youth of the secondary will be too much to overcome. Locker is real and i expect that Sark will have taught him a bit about being a real QB instead of a run-first improviser.

Dawg defense is unknown, though. Not good last year.

So maybe a shootout?

• hedgehog
    Sept. 4, 2010 12:31 p.m.

Alwaysright,

No,this is going to be your 6th toughest game of the year.

WA 32
    BYU 13

• Alwaysright
    Sept. 4, 2010 10:37 a.m.

This is going to be one of the toughest games of the year.

• BEW lover
    Sept. 4, 2010 10:09 a.m.

The way I see it, the only way we're going to win this game is if we figure out how to outscore the other team. In fact, if we can somehow keep UW from scoring any points at all...

BYU - something, UW - 0

Seriously, I think it's unfair to say we have to force turnovers and score a special teams TD to win the game. Really? Is Washington that much better? On our home turf, no less, with 65,000 "classless" and "arrogant" BYU fans breathing down their necks? I'm always afraid of teams with mobile quarterbacks, but last I heard, we've got one of those too. But for some reason, everybody's been quick to jump on the Locker/Sark bandwagon, Y fans included. Let's not forget that one of these teams has won more games in the last two years than the other team has won in the last six. I guess we'll see tonight, but I've got my money (unofficially) on the Cougs!

(BTW, I loved Sark when he played for the Y, and I wish him all the success in the world...after this weekend is over!)

• BleedCougarBlue
    Sept. 4, 2010 9:46 a.m.

BYU - 34

WU - 24

Go COUGARS!!!

• patriot
    Sept. 4, 2010 6:48 a.m.

Jake Locker is too good and Sarkisian knows BYU offense so ... yikes!! BYU's only hope in this one is turn overs ... BYU needs to recover a couple and maybe get a big punt or kickoff return too.

If the Y gets 2 turn overs plus returns a punt or kickoff... BYU 31 WU 28

If BYU gets 0 turn overs and no returns ...

WU 35 BYU 21

• RaininTime
    Sept. 3, 2010 11:13 p.m.

"If we are up by 21, I'll go take the picture."

That is locker room fodder for BYU.

See ya on the field, coach.