Sports

Utah Utes basketball: Andre Miller back at the U. helping with kids

Comments

• RealityCheck
    Aug. 2, 2010 11:24 p.m.

Andre Miller is a stud and a great representative of the University of Utah. I couldn't be happier with the success that he's had at the pro level.

• One Nil to the Arsenal!
    Aug. 2, 2010 11:35 p.m.

I went to the U during the glory days of Majerus and Miller. I loved watching this guy play. Man, he was awesome.

• Boom
    Aug. 2, 2010 11:42 p.m.

Please Boyle, oh please...get us back to the Andre days!!!

Runnin Utes!

• AFCoug
    Aug. 3, 2010 10:50 a.m.

And the Ute fans dream about their own glory days. The same thing they accuse BYU fans of whenever they are reminded about a football championship. Only difference is Utah choked big time after going up on Kentucky and finished in second place while BYU won the whole thing.

Still Andre has always been a classy guy and I have followed his NBA career. I always try to pick him off the waiver wire once the fantasy draft ended as he has always been a good third PG to have around for assists.

• hedgehog
    Aug. 3, 2010 11:13 a.m.

"Only difference is Utah choked big time after going up on Kentucky and finished in second place while BYU won the whole thing."

KFCoug,

I sorry, who did BYU play? Can you explain how they went about winning the "whole thing"?

Sorry your boast hold no water. Nice try.

• bgl
    Aug. 3, 2010 11:30 a.m.

AF Coug--seriously? Trolling on the Ute basketball site? Let me add one thing to remember--anyone who uses the description "classy"----is not a "classy" person themselves. You more than prove the truth of that statement.

This is my favorite Ute basketball player of all time. No nonsense, tough as nails and a quiet leader. Andre Miller is a flat out MAN. Please Dr. Hill, keep this guy connected with the University of Utah.

• bgl
    Aug. 3, 2010 11:53 a.m.

• Qwest Perfected
    Aug. 3, 2010 12:00 p.m.

Miller is a great player and a great person.

Proud to have him as a Ute!!

afcoog - it's time to crawl back into your hole.

Go Utes!!

• Dutchman
    Aug. 3, 2010 1:12 p.m.

I was there in San Antonio for that final four. First Utah had to beat Arizona in the regional final to get there. Then they had to beat Vince Carter and the North Carolina tar heels to get to the championship game. They were up by 10 at the half against Kentucky but lost going down the stretch. And BYU did what to get to the Holiday Bowl and play a very weak Michigan team? Yeh, AF Coug keep posting on Utah articles and looking like an idiot. Utah basketball will be back in a big way because kids like Miller who grow up in LA will come to Utah to play in the Pac 12.

• Big_Ben
    Aug. 3, 2010 1:55 p.m.

I wish that Andre could have gone head to head with Jimmer Fredette. What a fun matchup that would have been. I know who would have come out on top, but still a fun matchup. Andre remains to this day, one of the top 3 college point guards that I have ever seen. In fact, at the college level, I cant think of anyone I could legitimately say was better. Good for him to give back. What a great Ute! We need more like him!

• Rational
    Aug. 3, 2010 2:12 p.m.

AFCoug,

All real Cougars disown you.

Miller is a great guy, and tremendous competitor.

As to the Kentucky game, I though Majerus blew that game by not giving his starters enough rest. They had Kentucky on the ropes and could've won the whole thing, they just ran out of gas. That would've made me -- a Cougar -- happy for the Utes and especially for Miller, who dominated the NCAAs that year.

• chuckie
    Aug. 3, 2010 2:51 p.m.

Andre Miller was a great kid, and is a great guy.

Class all the way through college, and in the pros.

• VIP
    Aug. 3, 2010 3:04 p.m.

AFCoug,

Besides your forgetting we have a National Championship already too. We don't talk about it to much because it was a long time ago. But the University of Utah won the NCAA tournament receiving its first National Championship in basketball in 1944.

So we've won the whole thing as well, if you really want to go there.

• StocksOnTheRocks
    Aug. 3, 2010 4:01 p.m.

It would sure be nice, if the Jazz could somehow get Miller to finish his career here in Utah!
    missing ingreidient "Miller" could put the Jazz over the top!

• MenaceToSociety
    Aug. 3, 2010 4:40 p.m.

AF Coug:

BYU did not win anything. They were awarded the championship. Like is done in ice dancing or rhythmic gymnastics.

Ute fans do not bring up 1998 when the media discusses BYU basketball the way BYU fan brings up 1984 when the media discusses Ute football.

• MiP
    Aug. 3, 2010 7:46 p.m.

Andre is and was great. Good to see him giving back.

• SportzFan
    Aug. 4, 2010 3:00 p.m.

So, Menace, who's do say the Cougars wouldn't have won it "on the field" if Oklahoma hadn't chickened out? Washington pounded Oklahoma, and the next fall, BYU pounded Washington.

See, the thing is, the Cougars could've "won it on the field," if given a chance, just as the Utes might have "won it on the field" if they'd been given a chance. All three times a "system" kept that from happening.

Now hypocritical, whiney, momma's boys-who-live-in-their-parents'-basements are so proud to be part of that corrupt system, swallowing the corrupt logic you used to choke on, and all the while you've never been on the field and would cry like a baby if you saw an actual player heading toward you.

• Rational
    Aug. 4, 2010 3:03 p.m.

See, the thing is, the Cougars could've won it on the field if given a chance, just as the Utes might have won it on the field if they'd been given a chance. All three times a system kept that from happening.

Now momma's boys like you are so proud your school is now part of that corrupt system. You swallow the corrupt logic you used to choke on. All the while you've never been on the field and would cry like a baby if you saw an actual player heading toward you.

• SportzFan
    Aug. 4, 2010 3:04 p.m.

Menace, who's do say the Cougars wouldn't have won it on the field if Oklahoma hadn't chickened out? Washington pounded Oklahoma, and the next fall, BYU pounded Washington.

The thing is, the Cougars could've won it on the field if given a chance, just as the Utes might have won it on the field if they'd been given a chance. All three times a system kept that from happening.

Now wannabees like you are so proud your school is now part of that corrupt system. You swallow the corrupt logic you used to choke on. All the while you've never been on the field.

• Big_Ben
    Aug. 4, 2010 3:24 p.m.

@ SportzFan and Rational

nice! I have seen you agree with yourself on threads, its good to know you are the same person. How embarassing.

Anyway, this is a utah article. If you want to talk BYU's national title, head on over to the cougar boards. This is an article about Andre Miller. You didn't mention him.

Don't worry. Just apologize for your childish behavior, grab some water, regroup, and then you can come on back.

• Rational
    Aug. 4, 2010 3:58 p.m.

Big_Ben | 3:24 p.m. Aug. 4, 2010

I suggest you look at my previous comments before calling someone else childish. I am a Miller fan, I'm even a Ute fan and also a BYU fan, having attended both schools.

Someone else brought up national titles and wanted to do the whole "we're better than you" comparison. That comparison is always made by wannabees, who have contributed nothing on the field.

A "fan" is a supporter. How it became someone who tears down opposing "fans" is beyond me.

• hedgehog
    Aug. 4, 2010 4:31 p.m.

Nice going rational....I mean, sportzfan...I mean, Buster

• utahcountyute
    Aug. 4, 2010 4:40 p.m.

BigBen

I would have to agree that I would love to see Andre shut Jimmer down. There really is no comparison between the two though. Andre is a pure point guard and Jimmer is a scorer.

You are a good man Andre! Keep it up and keep in touch with Boylen, he needs guys like you around to give an example to these new guys.