Utah

Ground broken for Brigham City LDS temple

Comments

• Chachi
    Aug. 1, 2010 10:37 p.m.

It's not exactly accurate to say that the rendering was unveiled at the groundbreaking. That rendering was publicly released more than a month ago.

• MiP
    Aug. 1, 2010 1:23 p.m.

Pretty temple plans!

• Penelope
    Aug. 1, 2010 12:46 p.m.

I gotta get over the jealousy!!!

We so want a temple in Maine!

Maybe one day, we'll keep praying.

• Joggle
    July 31, 2010 9:42 p.m.

And buying the stairway to heaven continues!

• AZRods
    July 31, 2010 6:14 p.m.

Lynn_Ann, be nice.
    It's no more strange than Joseph replacing Jacob, who replaced Isaac who replaced Abraham in another sacred lineage.
    God calls who he has prepared for any calling. But that person has to be worthy, able and willing.
    I'd say that all general authorities fit that bill.

• my slc
    July 31, 2010 2:24 p.m.

Just curious, where was President Monson?

• Montana Mormon
    July 31, 2010 2:04 p.m.

One of my favorite missionary companions was from Brigham City (actually Perry--a "suburb" of Brigham City.) We had the privilege of having President Packer tour our mission 35 years ago, at which time I came to realize what a magnificent man he is. I am thrilled to see a temple going up in Brigham City and hope and pray that President Packer will be allowed to attend the dedication in person. And yes, assuming he is still with us, I'm sure he will have the authority to get himself assigned to attend the dedication. Many people don't realize just how witty President Packer really is. How nice to see that side of him. In a different vein, many years ago I heard the late Elder Neal A. Maxwell refer to President Packer as "the master teacher of this dispensation." Amen to that statement!! President Packer is one of my heroes. His body may be a bit rickety and bent over now, but his spirit is still strong and towering. I love Boyd K. Packer.

• LKA
    July 31, 2010 12:21 p.m.

This will beautify and upgrade the Brigham City area. It probably will be seen from I-15/84 freeway. With the original large trees on Main street it will fit right in..

• JohnJacobJingleHeimerSchmidt
    July 31, 2010 10:30 a.m.

Wow, that is going to be beautiful.