'Lost' comes to an end

ABC series wraps up after a 120-hour run

• katamb-midvale
    May 21, 2010 5:26 p.m.

I'm already experiencing post-Lost-syndrome! I'm so glad this show was created! Now, if we could just save FlashForward!

• LostFan
    May 21, 2010 12:51 p.m.

I think LOST is the greatest show ever. Nothing else even comes close to it. The writing, acting music and scenery are all amazing. My only regret is that I didn't start watching it until I discovered it towards the end of season 2. I was hooked after watching five minutes and never missed an episode the rest of the way. I even got my brother hooked on it and he hates pretty much everything on t.v. I still think they could do another year or two but understand why they're ending it.
    In response to attentive who commented earlier asking about Walt and Michael: I went to the Lost Talk Times showing at the theater last night and they (Lindelof and Cuse) both basically said that you will see something on that. I hope this doesn't blow anything but since Carlton Cuse said it I don't think it's too spoilery but he said you will see Malcolm David Kelley (Walt) in the finale. They also showed a clip from the finale and the very end basically hinted very strongly that Walt is going to be important. It didn't actualy show him.

• Richard
    May 21, 2010 11:04 a.m.

I'm also a watcher of this story. I think one of the difficulties with this show is that year one the story wasn't sure where it was going? I also recall that there was some doubt about it's stay power. After 2 years it needed story development and a finally I think year 1 was cool but no direction year 2 was lame and nearly killed the show after that it looked to be going places but it had to drop certain story lines it had to drop the polar bears and darma initiative as the bad guys or others. Had this show or future shows been 6 year deals from the get go with the end in sight it could have been much better, as is the show we are all watching isn't the same show we all started watching 6 years ago. Problem is producers are not certain of public interest.

• cmrose12
    May 21, 2010 10:05 a.m.

JP - They have not exactly revealed why Jack's neck was bleeding last week or in the season 6 opener.

• CT98
    May 21, 2010 9:49 a.m.

The cast really made this show a hit. Great cast of characters. Awesome twists. And who wouldn't want to be marooned on a tropical island anyway?!?! We're gonna miss Lost almost as much as we'll miss Harvey Unga. I still can't believe Harvey's gone...

• Texas_Reader
    May 21, 2010 9:04 a.m.

Like some of the others who have commented, my wife and I have been with LOST almost from the very beginning. It has been one heck of a ride, and we have enjoyed it all. No other show that has ever been on television can compare with LOST. I think it's the greatest TV show of all time, in so many different ways. The character development was so outstanding that after six years, these people seem like members of our own family. It's like Terry O'Quinn said recently: the finale feels like when you get to the end of a book and you don't want it to end, but you close the book and feel grateful for how good the book was. We are excited for the finale on Sunday, but it will be hard to say goodbye to a show that has been so fun for so many years.

• JP
    May 21, 2010 8:29 a.m.

Anybody know why Jack's neck was bleeding to start out this week's episode?

• Sue
    May 21, 2010 8:26 a.m.

Call me 'old fashioned', but for me a story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. I understand that the writers don't want to answer every question (then why ask!), but to leave us hanging, knowing that we will be upset...wanting more! How frustrating!!!

But, as my friend said recently, "Better to have loved "Lost", than never to have loved at all!!!

• cmrose12
    May 21, 2010 7:47 a.m.

The show runs from 8-10:30, FYI....

• Go Big Blue!!!
    May 21, 2010 12:54 a.m.

My wife and I have enjoyed the ride. Lost is pretty much the only show we watch every week. Can't wait to see how it all wraps up. It will be a little sad.

• jdar
    May 20, 2010 8:36 p.m.

Great series, I've been with it the entire run and can't wait to see how it ends. Not every episode has been great, but it's one of the most ambitious and satisfying shows I've ever watched.

RE: attentive

Michael died in the season four finale, sacrificing himself so several others could escape. He's appeared a few times as a ghost. We saw Walt living with his grandmother, and Locke chose not to try to bring him back to the island because he was happy.

• kiaoraguy
    May 20, 2010 6:05 p.m.

I have been an 'investor' for the entire series run and it has been worth every minute. I'm a pretty savvy viewer and this show has just been one ride after another, and yes, I've been LOST half the time- and glad of it. Between LOST and Jack Bauer going postal last week, this is going to end up being a memorable end of two great series.

• attentive
    May 20, 2010 5:56 p.m.

OK. We've all heard that a lot of our questions will be answered. I sure hope to find out what the heck happened to Michael and his son, Walt. They disappeared and never returned. The dog showed up a few times to lead people to different things, but never to Walt and Michael. Where ARE they?!?!

• Uncle Rico
    May 20, 2010 5:45 p.m.

I was LOST after season 3. Got ridiculously complex, and the fat guy on an island with no brbq, got fatter.