Family

Grave undertaking: Utahn tracking down burial plots of all his ancestors

Comments

• Beej
    April 26, 2010 2:36 p.m.

Funny, I lived next door to Lee and his first wife and last time I talked to her she was alive and well!
    If we are going to keep genealogy records let's be accurate! It was his 2nd wife who died of cancer :

• LuVpacifica
    April 26, 2010 2:04 p.m.

Closer to ones heart they shall remain always in ones life..GODBLESS our Veterans too!

• rose
    April 26, 2010 1:56 p.m.

Were very fortunate
    Happy to Know all our
    distant relatives/cousins

• The Atheist
    April 26, 2010 1:43 p.m.

What a complete waste of time!

"This information will be valuable to generations yet to come and help a lot of people keep track of their genealogy and their family history."

Generations yet to come will be too busy fighting off the fascism religion is trying to impose around the world! They will have not time nor interest in such useless activities!

I bet you people think your posterity will actually WANT to read your journals, too!

LOL! Your arrogance knows no bounds, not even the bounds of time!

• Dave from Taylorsville
    April 26, 2010 12:13 p.m.

When you find a particularly "interesting" or important grave marker, may I suggest a "tombstone rubbing."

Using newsprint paper, butcher paper or even a more expensive stock. . . tape the material to the grave marker and then rub it with a soapstone material or flat greece pencil or charcoal material or even dark pastel art pencil. This what a lot of people do when they go to the Vietnam War Memorial. It makes for quite a family inspiration piece back home.

Be sure to get permission from a sexton or caretaker before doing this.

• LuVpacifica
    April 26, 2010 11:24 a.m.

what a well worth read thanks for the story..
    its been a long journey genes of 1800s until now 2010

• decker66
    April 25, 2010 10:18 p.m.

To find what internet sights are great for grave lookup; click any of the links besides life, then go back to life and check out Family Grave Resources.

• attentive
    April 25, 2010 8:16 p.m.

What a great idea! This information will be valuable to generations yet to come and help a lot of people keep track of their genealogy and their family history. It makes me feel guilty, but at the same time, I hope I'll get motivated.

• LKA
    April 25, 2010 7:00 p.m.

Sounds like a grave undertaking to me. Seriously it can take some long hours. I am glad he enjoyed himself..