Sports

Dick Harmon: Travis Hansen's memo to Mehmet Okur: It will be OK

Comments

• E. Klinche
    April 25, 2010 4:34 a.m.

I liked this article and found it informative. As an aging athlete who still likes to get up and down on the court, and having suffering both soleus and bursa sac injuries, I find this article good to learn from.

The Jazz are interested by all pro players, especially former guys from BYU, Utah, Weber State, Utah State, etc.

The comments here lack some maturity.

Guess some of you may get there someday.

Best of luck, especially to the injured.

Go Jazz.

• treesap32
    April 23, 2010 3:57 p.m.

Why in the world do Jazz fans care that Hansen has a "lucrative" contract somewhere in Spain? Harmon mentions that Hansen is making bank at least 3 times in this short article.

This article thoroughly confuses me.

What does this even mean:

"If Hansen's Achilles is his Achilles at his age, three years after the injury, it is big news to opponents."

???

• toddfromsantaana
    April 23, 2010 2:09 a.m.

Chuck: except Real Madrid has won more trophies than the Jazz. Maybe they will lend us Rinaldo

• Kimball Woodruff
    April 23, 2010 1:36 a.m.

What a strange article. I'm sure Memo is greatly relieved to hear about some journeyman from a remote basketball league he's never heard of.

• CJ Miles
    April 22, 2010 4:06 p.m.

Giant Fan you are scaring me. Knowing his birthday, well, that's just scary.

• giantfan
    April 22, 2010 1:02 p.m.

Actually, Travis' birthdate is April 15, 1978. If the injury ocurred in Feb. of 2007, he would've been 28, approaching his 29th birthday. That would also make him currently 32.

• whit
    April 22, 2010 12:39 p.m.

BigD,
    Here is your explanation. He hadn't turned 28 in 2007 when the injury happened, and he has already turned 32 this year.

• RSL LOVER
    April 22, 2010 12:30 p.m.

Get well Memo

• BigD
    April 22, 2010 9:41 a.m.

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention in math but if the injury to Hansen happened in 2007 and he was 27 how is he now 32 in 2010?

• '90Cougar
    April 22, 2010 9:30 a.m.

I can't remember the last Harmon article I thought was worth reading....

• Chuck Nunn
    April 21, 2010 11:36 p.m.

Ante Tomic, Morris Almond, Travis Hansen, Raul Lopez ... the ties between Utah and Real Madrid are an amazing coincidence.