Utah Jazz: Injuries a sore spot for depleted Jazz, Kirilenko out for series vs. Nuggets

• Chadders
    April 17, 2010 4:25 p.m.

AKA Jazz out of the series, the Nuggets will win this in 5 or 6 because the Jazz are heartless. It all starts with the Captains and trickles down, Williams has stepped his game up but it's time to step his leadership up, call out Boozer for being weak when he sits. Boozer proved once again why the Jazz are better off without him as he sat the most important game of the year without a good reason. He was hurt not injured. The good news is that when the Jazz only get 2 playoff home games they won't be able to afford Boozer so maybe we can get a lesser talented player who has heart. Boozer is doing what he has always done, make you think you can't do anything without him but when you need him most he is nowhere to be found. Once he's gone let's use the Knicks pick to get a Center and play Okur at the PF and then we can actually compete with some teams.

• Observation-ist
    April 17, 2010 1:11 p.m.

Soft, mentally and physically. You'd think for $16 MILLION dollars a year, Andre would find a way to become tougher.

Can I be one of the first to say that I really did not appreciate Karl & John's toughness like I should have.

I know these are finely tuned athletes but sometimes some good-old-fashioned grit and determination is worth all the finesse and skill.

We need Matt Harpring back just to teach Andre what toughness really is. You're missed John, Karl, and Matt

• Captain L
    April 17, 2010 12:09 p.m.

Evanston, your comments make you look like an idiot. You can't help your team at this level unless you can perform. AK can't play to the level he needs to ,to help his team, in fact playing with his injury would only hurt the Jazz. Playing city league is far from playing in the NBA. Get a clue.
    Re Todd : Your comments about breaking up the team and making major moves, sounds like something the Knicks and Nets would do. Look at how well they are doing.
    Re B Russ ; I agree with you, I have posted all year that Fes needs playing time so he can develop. Sloan has needed to manage the playing time so they can win and still develop his young players, especially Fes and KK. He hasn't done a good in this area at all. It is not just because of injuries that we need them, against the Lakers, and other long,tall,athletic teams we don't match up very well and we need Fes and Kk to develop so we can use them in those kind of situations.

• tyndale1
    April 17, 2010 11:49 a.m.

The team can still respond and step up to this challenge. I see the Jazz taking the best of seven series in a record three games.

• toddfromsantaana
    April 17, 2010 11:34 a.m.

Get DVRS ready!

The Blaze, RSL and Jazz maybe we get 2 wins out of the 3 not likely the latter

• SportsFan
    April 17, 2010 11:34 a.m.

The sooner Boozer and AK leave the Jazz the better!

• CanyonHawk
    April 17, 2010 10:28 a.m.

Worst possible season-ending scenario the Jazz could ever face. After all the big talk about being a 2-seed in the West, being able to beat the Lakers in the Playoffs, top five team in the NBA...the season ends with a thud. Everyone gets so stoked about Boozer's double doubles, but in the end, he is still Carlos Boozer...unable to play a full season, and uncommitted to anything or anyone but himself. And AK? This man has a body build for chess and checkers, not manly contact sports.

April 17, 2010 10:00 a.m.

Hey guys, just be positive, I woke up this morning and I get the feeling that we can win this!!, let's put the Phx defeat on the back, bring out all our supersticious things to the table, I'm wearing my Jazz lucky jersey, and I'm sure we can win one at pepsi center and finish them up on game 6 at ESA!!!

Let's go Jazz we can do it!!!!

• Hank Jr
    April 17, 2010 9:31 a.m.

Kirilenko is overpriced damaged goods. Trade him and use his $18 million to get someone who doesn't sit on the bench for half his career.

• THEeyepatch
    April 17, 2010 4:24 a.m.

This is unfortunate news, but I'm more worried about how BOOZER doing, the Jazz have been winning without Andrei.

And I believe the Jazz have a great chance at beating Denver, the Nuggets didn't exactly end the season lighting teams up. Go Jazz!

• toddfromsantaana
    April 16, 2010 10:51 p.m.

to Jaazzsmack

My boy you are great....You just get better each post get back to me on Sloan comments

He who does not change
    gets caught up by those that do

words of wisdom

Most do not understand but us

• toddfromsantaana
    April 16, 2010 10:39 p.m.

so NGB what are you saying? The Clippers do not deserve to be here anyway they share the Lakers arena.. Now you and I are in agreement?

What da is the problem then?

Ah NGB "remember what I said one year it was along these lines"

Andrei in my opinion has a strained relationship with Sloan. AK has never been the same since the meltdown in the Houston Series.

You can say all the right things. However, one that deals with stress and being uncomfortable on a job is not as likely to play as well as one who does not...

Read Sloan quotes how "if they change this roster he is hinting he will not be here"

What is that a backward threat?

Read between the lines

How you would like now to have acquired a big man like Camby, Kaman or Haywood at the deadline.

Blauch says it is "our lack of 3 point shooting"

No one says anything about the lousy interior defense or giving up "3s" where the man is open by 10-20 feet unguarded...

• Jazzsmack
    April 16, 2010 10:37 p.m.

All that is need is for sloan to make some simple adujustments,

(Imppossible for a stubborn sloan to actually do,

he will talways to beat theo ter over the heasd with his system,

but one can alwasy hope)

1. guard the outside.

2. guard the inside (I kid with this one. Who's going defend the inside?)

the real
    2. open up the offense and let the rest of team get involved in the offense,

makes them harder to defend, less predictable, and makes the other team actually have to defend.

• jimmy
    April 16, 2010 8:56 p.m.

Hey! Lets keept it positive. With our major bigs being questionable, I am just thankful that the coaching staff was smart enough to give Fes and Koufus plenty of playing time this season-DOH!

• NGB
    April 16, 2010 6:49 p.m.

Oh and for all you Sissy's that say its worse than we thought and how can you say that you dont know.

Well all I know is I saw Booz in crutches for 2 days and saw him back on the court 6 days later...

What does that tell you??

No its not worse than we thought, people with heart do everything they can to get over the fear of reinjuring it again and try and get back on the court again.

Convienent that when the Jazz started to get blown out with AK on the court against Indiana he convienently limped off when they were ahead 8...

The sissy's can cry all they want about us real posters that know when we see a coward...

NEWS FLASH: We just found one

• NGB
    April 16, 2010 6:46 p.m.

Todd, ANAHEIM??? so you'd like another clippers team??? You cant have enough of a crap team so you'd like 3 teams in one area to support... right

The real issue began back when the Jazz played the Rockets in the playoffs and AK came out crying about his role on the team and how he makes more so he should be the allstar... that's what he really meant if you guys didnt pick that up back then.

When all that happened they should have traded AK when they could get value for him, now everyone in the league will see that when the going gets tough and he has a...... calf strain... Not even tendinitis like Memo, but just a strain, that he wont step up to be that person you paid all that money for.

Memo, stepping it up as we speak, Millsap hyperextended his knee and was out one game. Matthews didnt even miss the game when he hyperextended his knee and Booz, the most injuryprone of them all only sat out a week with the same injury as AK.

It will be a miracle if we get someone to trade with us for him

• evanston
    April 16, 2010 6:42 p.m.

Karl Malone would have played. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!

• H2OSKI
    April 16, 2010 5:46 p.m.

"That's a lot of money. That's good," said Knicks president Donnie Walsh, who attended the meeting to learn the result of the Knicks' draft position through a tiebreaker. New York lost the tiebreaker to the Clippers, and since Utah owns the rights to the Knicks' first-round pick, it slightly reduced the odds of the Jazz winning the draft lottery.

• LKA
    April 16, 2010 5:29 p.m.

As the person said last week we are so lucky to have so many experts post on one article..

• dwebbz
    April 16, 2010 3:35 p.m.

"no guts no glory", no wonder he tatooed over it.

• louisiana jazz man
    April 16, 2010 3:34 p.m.

my only ? is last time boz was hurt they said mri come back neg next day they said there was a tear. this time they said mri come back neg then they say two days later he has a tear what up./ only hope if fes comes in and kick some butt. doudt the ref lets that happen. sap and fes be fouled out the first half carmellow to the line every time he drives.

• B Russ
    April 16, 2010 3:15 p.m.

Fes and Koufos didn't get to play much during the season to get ready for the playoffs. Jerry rode the regulars hard throughout the season playing them alot of minutes. The regular front line is wore out and banged up from all the minutes. Maybe Sloan should have rested them a little once in a while and gave Fes and K K some experience. Looks like they will be playing alot in the playoffs anyway, due to injuries. Would be nice if they were more experienced.

April 16, 2010 2:56 p.m.

Well done Evanston, you know what it takes to win, it's just lift up your teammates, and I agree with Rick, Boozer says he will play Sat no matter what, means if he is available for Sat he was for Wed too!! but yeah you're right he knew the game was going on National TV through ESPN and he didn't want to show how better player is Amare, and loss value for the free agency market this summer.

Jerry should bring Jason Kreis and have him talk to the team and motivate them!! he knows how to win a Championship on the road even when they were the underdogs!!!

• JustAnotherAverageGuy
    April 16, 2010 2:55 p.m.

Nice to see Okur step out on a limb and say he's playing anyway. Maybe he can show Boozer that it's possible to play hurt.

• Davis
    April 16, 2010 2:55 p.m.

Does this suprise anyone

• toddfromsantaana
    April 16, 2010 2:39 p.m.

I do not want the Jazz to move. I say this in anger because this state is back on Sloan and Miller bandwagon-they truly believe and have been brainwashed. All this emotion and investment in the team after 7 months, and now it all falls apart again as we start the playoffs.

You all feel no one will support the Jazz and you will not back Sloan potential replacement

That is stubborness-so either wake up or I will take them In Anaheim. Long as Sloan is not the coach....

• toddfromsantaana
    April 16, 2010 2:36 p.m.

better idea would be to tear the team apart, have Jerry retire, and Greg move the team to Anaheim and start over.

Cruel I know, but anyone on here truly believes Kirilenko and Snoozer care that much, reinjuring different muscles on calf-reminds me of duct tape or TNT

After hearing about this, Sloan should get coach of the year if they win this series-still it is no shock. By the way SLOANAHOLICS AH WE ARE NOT BEING ZILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PLAY WITH PAIN HOW MANY INJURIES DOES KOBE PLAY THROUGH?

translation: These players now match the ownership and not competing for the World Championship.

You can all knock it, because the truth ALWAYS HURTS

• Buster
    April 16, 2010 2:13 p.m.

Back off evanston. The guy shows grit and guts.

Not a ton of brains, but grit and guts.

We need a team out hobbling around with healthy players on the bench.

But the guy lives in evanston, and played and competed without an arm, so he knows all about prfessional sports.

I would back evanston all the way if I lived in evanston too.

• The Great Houdini
    April 16, 2010 2:01 p.m.

Evanston,you`re brilliant,I`m sure you are a legend in "City League" especially playing one-armed,pretty tough to even rebound when you can`t lift your arm...you are a joke.As for Miles...what a bozo,cj will score his 9 points,little else.No AK/Boozer..nice year boys see you all at camp in Oct.Maybe we can package miles and our NY pick and pick up a real 3 or a real 5.

April 16, 2010 1:46 p.m.

Final Word:

In soccer there is one player who can use the hands and that is the keeper, yes I was the goal keeper.

I don't think they are faking their injuries, but as many have said they should be able to managed the pain, they won't play at a 100% but that will spark the rest of the team, they are the most paid players on the team, Boozer is their man, and he let them down, our young guys were sacared of Phoenix, that is when Booz comes and shows his leadership statement and back up his teammates. I don't expect Boozer scoring his almost 20 points per game, I expect from him take down a couple of defenders and show the way to our young guys and be the physical prescence they need.

I'm looking forward for a miracle to happen and beat Denver and faced OKC in the second round, I will be at ESA doing a lot of noise!!

Go Jazz

• Rick
    April 16, 2010 1:42 p.m.

like I've been saying the last 4 months that boozer is a loser & where's my friend now, who bad mouthed me that boozer was better than Amare ??? boozer didn't play because Amare would have had him for dinner & his open market value would have gone down when other teams saw how bad he really is..boozer is NOT getting resigned at ANY cost.He is faking his injury.boozer wasn't even reaching in an upwards direction when he pulled up lame vrs. warriors.the video just shows him holding his side not even go up for a rebound..Even the mri came back NEGATIVE for ALL you boozer lovers & my friend who says boozers good because he yells on the court ??? todd from santa ana is 100% right & I see his frustration in his writings about our beloved team; Utah..todd hit the nail on the head when he stated the other day that AK was sleeping behind the bench while action was happening on the court...DIDN'T SHOW THE LEAST BIT INTERESTED..AK's been planing this for awhile because team told him to lift weights in off season..BOTH ARE A DISGRACE !

• SportzFan
    April 16, 2010 1:41 p.m.

Evanston, you are a joke!

"I don't care what you say about injuries, they have no heart. I injured my shoulder and couldn't lift it to shoot, but I did not miss a city league game this year. I simply didn't shoot, I helped my team in other ways. I played because I compete and wanted to help my team."

Your CITY LEAGUE team? You think that is the same? You could "help your team in other ways," not because you were irreplaceable, but because you weren't competing against anyone! No one had to defend the other guys?

Who would AK guard on one leg? NO ONE. It would be 5 on 4, and the Nugs would score 150.

Who would have to guard AK? NO ONE, and the Jazz would score 50.

So yeah, all you armchair idiots, AK and Boozer could play, the Jazz would lose by 100, but you'd all be happy because you could whine and say, "I told you they had no heart."

You scarecrows need to go out and gather a bit more straw so maybe you can have a thought.

• SportzFan
    April 16, 2010 1:36 p.m.

"How I miss Stockton, Malone, Hornecek, Eaton.

Get rid of the current pansies who are too delicate to play."

You mean Eaton, who had to retire due to a bad back, and Hornacek, who retired because of bad knees?

Or maybe you mean like Larry Bird, who missed TONS of games with a bad back.

Or Danny Ainge, who missed tons of games with muscle spasms.

Or Kareem Jabbar, who missed playoff games because of "headaches."

Or Magic Johnson, who missed a championship series because of a pulled hamstring causing the Lakers to lose to the Pistons.

Or Bill Walton, who missed many, many seasons with "sore feet."

Or Malone, who missed a championship series causing a different Lakers team to lose to a different Pistons team.

The point is, PLAYERS GET INJURED. Even the Great Malone.

Anyone on here who didn't miss a few days at THEIR pansy job because of a minor illness is probably a liar.

• The B.I.V.
    April 16, 2010 1:22 p.m.

@ RSL lover: "I played SOCCER, and I did once with 3 broken FINGERS." All caps added for emphasis.

• The B.I.V.
    April 16, 2010 1:21 p.m.

RSL LOvER said: "I played SOCCER, and I did once with 3 broken FINGERS." All caps added for emphasis.

• scodyshootfight
    April 16, 2010 1:20 p.m.

Here's what we must do. Sit all the starters for Game's 1 and 2 because we're going to get slaughtered anyway. Then when we bring it back to SLC, the starters will be rested and more healthy.

We stand no chance in games 1 and 2 with our players at 50%, and if we don't rest them and get them healthy, we dramatically reduce our chances of winning games 3 and 4

• ECR
    April 16, 2010 1:19 p.m.

By reading some of the comments above it seems that many of you would have Kirlenko play on an injured leg - which means he would be only partially effecive "playing through pain", he could possibly do further damage to his leg, maybe even end his career, or he could just pack up and never come back. Great planning guys! What magnificant sports minds you have. AK has a contract that seemingly everybody begrudges him because he is no longer the star of the team. You all have short memories. Remember when he was the ONLY thing the Jazz had? Utah is darn lucky to have him on their team and hopefully they can get past Denver while AK heals and then he can help them in the coming rounds. But most importantly, he can continue to play for them next year as well if he takes the time to properly heal now. Do you really think the team doctors or even AK himself want him to sit out? You've obviously never played competetive sports before. Go Jazz!!

• seth
    April 16, 2010 1:16 p.m.

since 1984, teams which took the season series and have homecourt advantage are 41-0 on first round playoff series...

Not trying to be a pessimist, just throwing it out there...

Hope the jazz are make 41-1

• aljmac
    April 16, 2010 1:07 p.m.

I agree with one of the above comments: this is just bad luck/timing. If a calf strain is severe enough, you can't really effectively play - and that's assuming playing won't make it worse, which it will.

I share the frustrations off all Jazz fans who have watched a promising season go down the toilet with the injuries of AK and Boozer.

Had we had AK playing down the stretch the way he was in Feb/March, there is not doubt in my mind we're the 3 seed, and probably the 2 with breathing room.

Very unfortunate for the fans, the team and its management.

• Shake -n- Bake
    April 16, 2010 1:06 p.m.

My issue is that with both of these ridiculously paid athletes; this isn't a one time deal. Sure Carlos played in 77 or 78 games this year and AK only missed somewhere around 20 games. I get that. What I don't get is why the same 2 players continually get injured? It could be genetics.... I doubt it though. My guess is lack of commitment in the offseason. That is when the ground work is done for the upcoming grind of 82 games + playoffs. I don't believe either is faking injuries but I do believe that both probably don't spend much time during the offseason earning that ridiculous amount of money

• Vince
    April 16, 2010 1:01 p.m.

@Miles-You just continue to open yourself up to criticism. I will not think of responding to your goofy statements because what you are still doing you have been doing all year and where has it got you or your man C.J.? I believe that you just get your internal kicks from stirring the pot for whatever reason. Anyone with any intellect would just let it be, but for some reason not you. What you do certainly hasn't helped you "little boy" and never will. He just hasn't got what is needed "HEART"!

• Jazz Addict
    April 16, 2010 12:57 p.m.

Bad timing on the injuries and nothing else!. Brandon Roy, Andrew Bynum, Greg Oden, George Carl, Robin Lopez, and many others are out with Injuries and every one is bad timing. No one wants to sit out the playoffs it is the best part of the year and the time when big contracts are earned, think Jerome James! Jazz are done in 6 if Boozer comes back and expect a sweep if he does not!

• Monty Montana
    April 16, 2010 12:47 p.m.

@ CJ Miles - What color is the sky in your world?

• The Final Word
    April 16, 2010 12:45 p.m.

re: RSL

I am no soccer officiando but I thought it was against the rules to use your hands in soccer so having 3 broken fingers seams like an obstacle that could be managed since you run and kick with your legs.

As I understand every breath Boozer takes is painful as the xray proven muscle tear stretches and moves. Then if he even raises his arms or breathes hard it would be multiplied exponentially.

Seriously what is he going to be able to contribute? He bangs/gets banged all game long as he rebounds and shoots.

Don't think so.

Well, he only can't run is all--should be fine for a highspeed game of basketball where his team mates rely on his hustle and jumping to defend the players they can't.

I hate these guys are injured and it absolutely ruins a year we all have invested watching and now it is going down the drain but seriously...these guys can't play---whether you are making $5 or $500 000 000 per game if you can't you cant.

Boozer is all about money and this is going to hurt his future contracts.

• rattler
    April 16, 2010 12:44 p.m.

Wow, a rec-league reference. Nice! Since you didn't shoot because you had a hurt shoulder do you recommend AK not run because he has a hurt leg?

• CanyonHawk
    April 16, 2010 12:30 p.m.

Denver in 4 blowouts.

• CJ Miles
    April 16, 2010 12:08 p.m.

Great news. Now my man CJ will play 36 minutes a game. Jazz win in 6.

April 16, 2010 12:05 p.m.

There are no excuses, when you have heart you will play with pain, AK and Booz are well known on the league, their prescence on the floor on the PHX game will be good enough to create some space for the other players, and would brought some confidence to their younger teammates, Okur played with pain same as Williams and Mathews, those guys have heart and a will to win, I played soccer, and I did once with 3 broken fingers, but I was there because my team needed me. AK and Boozer have a will to win money. The Jazz should rebuild the team around these 3 guys and then we will have a really good team. Still I hope the lack of couching experience on Denver's bench will give us the edge to beat them and face the the Thunder in the second round. Go Jazz go

• Miles
    April 16, 2010 12:00 p.m.

Good thing Miles is here. He will bale out the Jazz again. He will be the best SF in the series. Melo has no chance with Miles. Miles will shut him down, and score at will on offense.

Who needs Kirilenko? As long as Miles is healthy we are good to march on to round 2.

• jpjazz
    April 16, 2010 11:55 a.m.

time to get out the golfclubs!

• Monty Montana
    April 16, 2010 11:53 a.m.

I dont know what everyone is worried about! The Jazz could'nt get pass the Nuggets when Anthoney and Billups were out injured and the Jazz were full strength!

• Roninvii
    April 16, 2010 11:51 a.m.

It's not about whether the injury is real or imagined, I believe it to be the former. Or that he should just man up... that's just silly. I'll wager that most of us are commenting from computers or mobile devices from the comfort of an office or couch not between breaks at the gym. The fact remains that the Jazz need AK for all the onvious reasons and the Jazz don't have him. For this to happen now, at a most critical juncture for the Jazz, well it diminishes the already slim chance the Jazz had. (sigh)

For the money he's paid he ought to hire the best strength and
    conditioning coaches in the world. I hear he did some of this last summer but over the
    course of a long season I understand bodies, even well paid ones, can break down. Too bad fir the Jazz and for all is faithful but disappointed (again) fans.

• evanston
    April 16, 2010 11:47 a.m.

Tp those of you who defend these overpriced babies:
    We are not paid $200,000 a game to play. DW, Okur, Milsap and Mathews have all played THROUGH injuries. I don't care what you say about injuries, they have no heart. I injured my shoulder and couldn't lift it to shoot, but I did not miss a city league game this year. I simply didn't shoot, I helped my team in other ways. I played because I compete and wanted to help my team. Boozer and AK have no excuses for me. They are paid a lot of money to PLAY basketball, not sit on the bench, collect $200,000 and look bored.

• jp31
    April 16, 2010 11:41 a.m.

Well atleast AK's MRI shows something. Boozer's....not so much.

• H2OSKI
    April 16, 2010 11:19 a.m.

I understand the bitterness given the fact that we are watching a good season and playoff opportunity simply evaporate with all these untimely injuries but seriously people, AK's calf injuries are real and they are showing up on xrays.

He is obviously out trying to give it a go to help his team and then for whatever reason is re-injuring.

Everybody talks about our fragile team. Seriously? Boozer played in like 77 games or something. AK will miss 20 but there are multiple other players on other teams with ENTIRE SEASONS MISSED.

Ask Portland.

There is not much you can do.

We thought we were going to dodge the injury bullet like we endured last season but it appears we are going to get our dose at the worst possible time.

No doubt this is terribly disappointing to all of us and I am sure it is worse for the players who can't go after investing all this season effort only to have injuries destroy first our 3rd seed opportunity and now what appears to be a first round blow out in the making.

Innane comments about taking an aspirin or it being players faults?

Just dumb.

• Yoyoma
    April 16, 2010 11:19 a.m.

Have any of you ever played sports or do you just sit on the coach and complain? I've strained my calf twice in my life and it stinks! You can't run and you can't jump. You kind of need to be able to do that when playing basketball. Even if Kirelenko wanted to play through the pain he'd be worthless and would actually hurt the team.

• Zoramite
    April 16, 2010 11:17 a.m.

The Jazz must rebuild - they have three solid players:
    Williams, Okur, and Millsap.

Time to send Boozer and AK away - they are hurt way too often and don't have the guts and heart to play in tough games or to play when they are a little hurt.

How I miss Stockton, Malone, Hornecek, Eaton.

Get rid of the current pansies who are too delicate to play.

• livestrong
    April 16, 2010 11:10 a.m.

Have any of YOU ever played on a strained calf? That's not easy. Cut him some slack. He tried to work it out today---he wants to play.

• Captain L
    April 16, 2010 11:09 a.m.

I can't believe how many complainers there are.
    It's obvious that those who are complaining haven't played sports or if they have they haven't had serious muscle strains or pulls. You can't play and be effective with the injury AK has and you will just make it worse if you try.
    That being said, the Jazz will have a terrible time without him. AK is the X factor for the Jazz and they aren't nearly as good without him. Injuries happen to all teams, it's just sad when it happens to our team. Portland has had several bad ones, their best player Roy is out and needs surgery.
    Denver hasn't been playing all that well lately, so let's hope we can pull off a miracle.

April 16, 2010 11:06 a.m.

Well not a surprise, and I'm sure we will be wo Loozer too. The Jazz need to find a way to get rid of this 2 children and get a couple of real men that at least want to play. Well let's seat and enjoy the play offs, we will be out by next sunday.

• Tin Man
    April 16, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Too bad all that extra eating didn't help his legs...what a joke.

• Curmudgeon
    April 16, 2010 10:52 a.m.

3d seed or 5th seed, it doesn't matter. The Jazz wouldn't get out of the first round no matter who the opponent was. Good enough to make the playoffs, not good enough to advance. Deja vu all over again.

• bindependent
    April 16, 2010 10:45 a.m.

Gee, I sure hope Andrei's hang nail isn't too painful this time. Tell him to tape an asprin to it and get out there and earn his money. Or...... trade him for someone who can at least play in half of the games in a season. The name on the back of his jersey should be "Out for the season"

• Not Asleep
    April 16, 2010 10:38 a.m.

There goes the series. We are toast. I think with Boozer not at 100 percent-- couple that with AK not in to stirs things up and we are in real trouble. AK is a big part of our team and especially defense. There are those who think he is not really that great but I beg to differ. He adds an element on defense that nobody on the team does or can and other teams respect his length. Very sad-- what a train wreck the last 48 hours have been.

• Samwise
    April 16, 2010 10:36 a.m.

Well, wouldn't that be awesome to be missing Boozer, Kirilenko, AND Okur. The Jazz would be swept and destroyed in each game in the process. Why are 3 of the Jazz's 4 best players so injury prone? Maybe they are all babies. At least Okur is planning on playing.

• evanston
    April 16, 2010 10:33 a.m.

Imagine that!

• plyxply
    April 16, 2010 10:30 a.m.

poor Andre, must be frustrating to keep getting hurt when he knows he could help this team win the series. The Jazz need to find a way to gut it out and don't back down from the thuggets.

April 16, 2010 10:29 a.m.

wow andrei way to plat for your money

• John Wicks
    April 16, 2010 10:27 a.m.

Get rid of the fragile overpaid baby.