Sports

Real Salt Lake notebook: Season-opening win is club's first ever

Comments

• onlyoneLA
    March 29, 2010 11:21 p.m.

RSL will do nothing this year but go away crying if they make the Play-offs. Their play will get a lot of cards. The only reason they made it to the final was because the league wanted a small town team to win and Showcase the parity in the MLS. Once they got to the final the refs were scared to call all the fouls and award cards. Not this year.

• Re: ROAD WIN?
    March 29, 2010 11:31 a.m.

No, the win over Colorado, that was RSL's home opener, but not its season opener. In its inaugural game, Real had a 0-0 draw against the MetroStars in practically a hurricane, then came home for the Rapids game. So in other words, the team's first EVER opening day win came Saturday at San Jose. Before that victory, the team was 0-4-1 in openers.

• todd from santa ana
    March 29, 2010 10:33 a.m.

I applaud Jason for having his team ready attacking taking the game to a team that you know wanted to prove a point with a great leader like Frankie Wallop after a bad 2009.

That first goal is as good as you will see on a weekly reel from La Liga.

By the way, those Brazilians I was talking about for the Galaxy?

2 of them started Saturday night, one Defense, and holding mid

I thonk Leonardo is name of one of them. Anyway,both did very well.

Congrats to the whole team including my favorite play Ned G.

I am extremely to see how this team is growing all the time and Jason is doing a great job of coaching, Ned getting promoted from a sub to start is a great compliment-he has tremendous grit

Nickie is the best goalie now in this league, it is not close

• fm?
    March 29, 2010 8:57 a.m.

After RSL won the cup fm changed the web site completely. The only reason I went to the site was to watch the streams of the RSL games. I wasn't too interested in reading gritty articles about fm's casino nights. I would love fm to come back if the sight goes back to streaming RSL games.

• ROAD WIN?
    March 29, 2010 7:38 a.m.

Did you mean first win on the first road game of the season? RSL won its franchise opener at RES against the Rapids....

• fm?
    March 28, 2010 6:49 p.m.

ya i didn't notice it was down either.. But it just takes you to some stupid sight now

• Nussdorfer AC
    March 28, 2010 6:25 p.m.

Grabavoy looks to be a very strong player in the midfield. It's nice to have him on our side.

• Anonymous
    March 28, 2010 11:41 a.m.

RSL, RSL, RSL! Outstanding win.

• Anonymous
    March 28, 2010 10:24 a.m.

Love it! Way to go RSL!

• No more streams ?
    March 28, 2010 5:42 a.m.

Great game Real SL! Dare we say REPEAT? Oh, last night I was hoping to catch this at work but Rslfm seems to be down. Are they not doing the games anymore? I ended up watching some crappy stream that kept frezzing. I'm too poor for Dish. At least next game will be on espn. Yay!