Utah

Hogle Zoo open in winter despite sparse crowds

Comments

• Jen
    Feb. 17, 2010 9:06 p.m.

I love Hogle Zoo, too. I also miss the beautiful Zebras. I'm wondering if they will soon be getting some new striped horses for everyone to enjoy?

• @I Love Hogle Zoo
    Feb. 16, 2010 8:25 p.m.

Even more fun when you have your Family and Children
    The Gleam in thier eyes stay Happy they had fun..

• @Ditto..I Love Hogo Zoo
    Feb. 16, 2010 8:22 p.m.

I believe that they
    are Happy zoo Animals..Even more fun with a Family
    to take and see the Happy Gleam :p

• Anonymous
    Feb. 16, 2010 5:09 p.m.

I LOVE THE HOGO ZOO

• Let the animals go
    Feb. 16, 2010 2:50 p.m.

Hogle Zoo is nothing more than an animal prison. I have no problem with a place like San Deigo Zoo and wild animal park because its big enough and well stocked to provide a quality environment for the animals but Hogle isn't. Hogle is so small and confined that the animals are miserable are so are the people.

• Great outing!
    Feb. 16, 2010 10:17 a.m.

The zoo is lots of fun and a great place to go in the winter if you are dressed properly. I do think Hogle should lower their prices a bit in the winter as some of the "attractions" are closed. Last week, for example, the train wasn't running, the penguins were not on view, animal fountains covered up, etc.

• I would rather B` there n Winter
    Feb. 16, 2010 9:58 a.m.

(In summertime Utah is 90 outside)

• ZOO
    Feb. 16, 2010 9:09 a.m.

ZOO + WINTER = AWESOME

• Been there Only once.n`Spring
    Feb. 16, 2010 8:33 a.m.

Those animals are so cute,everything about the Zoo
    is fun to go out to.Need to visit again :)

• Instereo
    Feb. 16, 2010 8:05 a.m.

The best time to go to the zoo is in the winter.

• Family Man
    Feb. 16, 2010 7:06 a.m.

We almost went to the zoo yesterday, but it was raining. I still wanted to go, but I got voted down. So we went to an indoor "fun" center. Just as expensive, with more germs and no educational value... woot.

• Tapoona
    Feb. 16, 2010 6:25 a.m.

My wife and I have made it a tradition to go to the zoo on Valentine's Day. It is really nice to be there with so few people. One year when we went we saw a total of five people. That includes the person that sold us our tickets and the two workers we saw walking around. Another good thing is that the animals are more active. We only go to the zoo in the winter.

• Wes
    Feb. 16, 2010 5:40 a.m.

The grandparent pass is the best kept secret at the zoo. My kids love being able to go see the animals when the urge strikes even if it is just a short stay to see the tiger cubs or the baby elephant or giraffe. Often that's all little ones have the patience for and we don't feel like we have to struggle through the entire zoo just to get our moneys worth.

• So serene.wait its ChineseN`Year
    Feb. 15, 2010 11:50 p.m.

"2010 Year of the TIGER"
    Love those adored zoo animals
    What they do with those Zebras that Died any memorial?