The loss of the Toone sisters is heartbreaking. I know and love the family.
What a tragedy! I can't get over the sorrow!.... My heart, full of love and
prayers, is joined to theirs. Pesticides help us, when used
professionally and observing all the safety guidelines for them. In this case,
the safety guidelines were not observed. Someone's mistake had devastating
consequences. Let us pray that our mistakes will not have such tragic and
What the consumers should be given is a copy of the MSDS (Material Safety Data
Sheet) that professionals use. The MSDS is in plain language with all product
warnings, safety and treatment for any chemical it is assigned.Consumer product labels are nothing but disclaimers in micro print and often
intelligible or understandable. I think disclaimers should be banned from
product labels and only how to use and safety information be placed on the
labels. Disclaimers have nothing to do with using a product and it
discourages and interferes with reading the labels. Only information on an MSDS
is necessary to label a product for use and safety. Retailers don't even
understand the products they sell and they are supposed to be the experts that
consumers rely on when buying our using chemical products.Consumers
can not be relied on or expected to know the chemistry of every product,
disclaimers are only used as denial of responsibility of products. Disclaimer or
not, the manufacturers are still responsible for use and consumer safety.
If I had the guess I would say that fault lies with the test that people have to
take to certify as a licenced pesticide applicator.The test should
drive home the point, in this situation what do you do to avoid killing or
hurting people.I've seen similar tests and they are very abstract,
and if the training itself was abstract, it is not sufficient to drive home the
point that should be made.
Pesticides are like Water and fire. They can warm a freezing man or burn him.
Save a dying man or drowned him.Need child safety devices. Put them
in safe places. Used properly can kill deadly insects and diseases that get in
your garden and even help farmers. But when fall in wrong hands tragedy
There's no good pesticide, period. And what's even more scary is that
apparently people don't know that pesticides are harmful.