Sports

Utah Jazz: Welcome to the zoo — Fans big part of NBA's best home record

Comments

• Re: LDS Jazz fans
    May 2, 2008 5:54 p.m.

Yeah I agree. EVERY fan in the stadium is cursing racial remarks at the opposing team. I can't believe how many PG 13+ rated remarks I've heard at Jazz and Utah games. It's so bad I think I might never go outside again. I'll just hole up in Happy Valley and stereotype everyone outside of 'my world' based on my VERY limited observations.

Get real, the AWESOME Jazz fans bring real fanhood to the games. I GUARANTEE the Jazz hear more anti Mormon comments on the road below the belt comments are made at the road teams visiting ESA.

GO JAZZ!

• LanceA
    May 2, 2008 5:39 p.m.

Rockets fans: Take solace in your two world championships. And your team's abilities to frustrate you fans as much as the Jazz does with their fans.

• Rocket Slayer
    May 2, 2008 5:31 p.m.

Rockets Will go down tonight in 6. The Jazz have realized after that loss that the series is on the line and they need to play better so i think they will get there act together and win tonight so they wont have to force a game 7 in houston. GO Jazz, Bring on the Lakers for Sunday. Kobe is A Show OFF and Gasol Basically Sucks so the jazz will make it to the western conference finals yet again for the second straight year. go jazz. P.S mccgrady or as i call him mccgirly will be crying again i can almost garuntee that.

• bigjazzfan
    May 2, 2008 5:28 p.m.

Give me crybabies anytime.

I would much rather have AK, mcrady. adelman atleast they show they want to win, want to play want win championships.

rather than sloan and boozer who never act like they even care.

boozer who goes through the motions, get few glory stats like a double double, and collects his paycheck. but won't play defense, plays soft offensively, and never get his face dirty. Who has disappeared in the playoffs and actually before the playoffs, during the regular season.

sloan who has never shown a strategic bone in his body. never watched a game film, does everything by a rigid system and by rigid routine. can't develop first round picks, how many first round jazz picks in the last twenty years have stayed with and developed with the team? Whose idea of coaching is swearing at the players and at the refs. eveyone knows that doesn't work and certainly not in the long time.

Give me players and coaches anytime who show they care verbally, emotionally, and the way thet play on the court.

Lets get rid of the ilk like sloan and boozer, and start building a real championship team.

magic was a crybaby too.

• opposite year for the rockets
    May 2, 2008 5:26 p.m.

last year the rockets went up 2-0, this year 0-2. last year jazz won the last 2 games, this year rockets will win the last 2 games.

can not defy the laws of equilibrium

• LDS Jazz Fans
    May 2, 2008 5:23 p.m.

I disagree with announcers putting down a people, but there is some truth. What is even more true is what Mormons do when they go to those games, say awful terrible things, take the sacrament the next day, knowing they darn well shouldn't, but can't wait to shout obscene things at Bryant the next week, take the sacrament again, etc. Many of those awful fans are faithful LDS people, and that is the sick part. Those people mock the LDS religion. It's the same as ute fans throwing nacho cheese at an elderly man and cussing at him at the same time, then do what I described above. People do this all the time, and this is why I limit myself to following sports.

IT's A STUPID GAME PEOPLE!!!! Why sacrifice your self-consciousness of filthy talk for a stupid game? I'm so glad I'm not so into this team that I have to swear and put down opponents.

• thomas
    May 2, 2008 4:08 p.m.

Rockets Are going down tonight. D-will post his best game yet i garentee it. And Of Course the arena Is supposed to be loud, it's a basketball game. Bring on the Lakers cause the rockets are going home.

p.s. mccgrady will be crying after the game like last year. lol

• SAM-O
    May 2, 2008 3:40 p.m.

i will see you jazz fans at half time tonight. let the smack talk commence

• TMac will be crying tonight..
    May 2, 2008 3:10 p.m.

Guarantee it.

• Korver??
    May 2, 2008 2:45 p.m.

I am confused at the attenion he garners. He is not that good looking and I agree with Ostertag(as if that is really 00)- he misses A LOT!! Don't get me wrong - he is a nice addition to the team and I think there is no doubt he is head and shoulders above the traveling Giri, but really people get over him!!

• Greg Ostertag
    May 2, 2008 2:25 p.m.

I am greg, I know you all remember me.
    I once hit a halfcourt shot at the buzzer
    but anyways... i was a way good three point shooter.
    korver seems to miss so much.
    i think that my hair is probably the nicest too.
    I also gave a kidney
    i'm generous and my number was 00
    Ostertag-Out

• your cool
    May 2, 2008 2:20 p.m.

hey Double ZZZ you have one to many Zs double means two mister val victorion

• do you...
    May 2, 2008 2:20 p.m.

do you think korver would pose for me for a million dollars. i can see it now a picture with the wind rustling through his meaty hair. what a good transaction. i love sloan. we need to shoot for more 3 pointer points p.s. thats not korvers number

• i love memo
    May 2, 2008 2:14 p.m.

Marry me babe!
    yout think korvers hair is majestic!
    look at memo's
    and his nappy goatee!
    awe, what a dreamboat memo is
    down with korver.

• Laker HATER
    May 2, 2008 2:09 p.m.

Double ZZZ - the fans AREN'T propping themselves - that would be everyone else that has had the pleasure of experiencing the fans(ie, other teams,media, opposing fans) The Jazz are a formidable opponent and deserve some respect. I can't wait for the Lakers to get tromped. I hate "Faker" fans.

• Kyle Lover2
    May 2, 2008 2:07 p.m.

ya you don't even know what kyle has been through. he's a very good guy. i would appreciate it if you wouldn't not call him a girl. the only thing that matters is that if you would not call him that. plus he's richer than you so whatever you say dosen't even matter. keep it up korver. p.s. will you date my son

• korver lover
    May 2, 2008 1:59 p.m.

korver is so lovely his beautiful hair is majestic like to bad he plays ball like the little girl i just described

• Sloan
    May 2, 2008 1:57 p.m.

Sloan when to Evansville College!

• Hate Sloan?
    May 2, 2008 1:56 p.m.

What's up with these Sloan haters? What do you want? "Ric Adolf" who cries that teams play too tough? How about Larry Brown? Wait he'll quit on us before he can get the job done! The list goes on and on! Coach Sloan is one of the best of all-time! Name a more consistant winner...We may not have rings, but at least we never have to worry about being a a celler dweller with Coach Sloan! GO JAZZ and may Sloan be the Joe PA of the NBA!!!!!!!

• BIG DAWG
    May 2, 2008 1:51 p.m.

when i played for the jazz. we we're the best ever. i hope that the jazz won't suck? doesn anyone know where did jerry sloan go to college he seems to use alot of the same techniques.

• well then hick hater
    May 2, 2008 1:51 p.m.

hicks will won day rule the NBA and every thing in it they can overrun the earth there word be no better Coach in the NBA than a hick

• Re: 20000 screaming fans
    May 2, 2008 1:45 p.m.

Take your BYU talk to the BYU section. (I know Harmon hasn't written a love story about the BYU program in a few weeks and you're going through withdrawls. It must be difficult not reading about who the linebacker is dating and how he enjoys spending time with granny)

This comment section is about the UTAH JAZZ baby! Hopefully the ENTIRE team shows up tonight and not just Williams and one other player. It's amazing to me how many babies are in the NBA. Crying about rough play and heckling fans. I'll bet the Jazz hear all kinds of anti LDS comments from opposing fans. You never hear them or leaders of the LDS church crying about it.

My Prediction: Jazz by 15 and the rabid Jazz fans bring it! Send Houston home.

• john stokton
    May 2, 2008 1:39 p.m.

i am john i hate the jazz lol not really ha ha i think that the jazz are pretty amazing right now however they are still nothing compared to the dynasty i created

• lay off bucher
    May 2, 2008 1:39 p.m.

Bucher made a silly joke about how no one could "really" be nice all the time and everyone jumps on him... it isn't a big deal, I'm mormon and I'm not offended, I thought it was funny considering Utah has some of the worst road rage in the country I would have to disagree about Jazz being the ONLY outlet but still a funny harmless comment

• LA swallowed by the SEA
    May 2, 2008 1:38 p.m.

the lakers will be trounced and bounced.
    but first we will close out the hicks from Houston.

yes i called you hicks houston.

• amazing lakers
    May 2, 2008 1:36 p.m.

the lakers are going to kill the jazz if they even make it past the rockets tonight

• Jazz Suck
    May 2, 2008 1:35 p.m.

ya i remember it was loud. but come on the blazers is where its at. I think with Brandon Roy in the mix next year they'll show you all whats up

• lakers fans are the worst
    May 2, 2008 1:32 p.m.

jazz fans are much louder than anyone else. jazz games are the only time I can get together with my cougar loving friends and actually cheer for the same team. Laker fans on the other hand are the worst. If i have to listen to another gangsta wannabe kobe bryant worshiping, living in the past, fake LA punk i'm gonna puke. After tonite, lakers goin down in 6.

• Double ZZZ
    May 2, 2008 12:54 p.m.

zzzzzz as in Jazz fan reasoning puts me to sleep. Stop propping yourself - and enjoy getting punked in your own building by the Lakers.

• to: andrewute1
    May 2, 2008 12:40 p.m.

I think 20,000 screaming fans was refering to Real Salt Lake. You're just a classic utah fan trying to call BYU fans almighty. Nice try though.

Bucher does have some truth in his argument. The jazz are all we've got. No NFL, or MLB around here, but we sure do love our Jazz. Little annoying he has to refer to Mormons though. Last time i checked there were plenty of people drinking beer in the stands of ESA. Anyhow the Jazz are the love of my life and I sure hope they win tonight!

• funny
    May 2, 2008 12:39 p.m.

So, "Welcome to the zoo"? Does that make yewt fans who also root for the Jazz ... Zoobies? Ha ha, love the irony! GO JAZZ! FINISH IT OUT TONIGHT!!

• Anonymous
    May 2, 2008 12:24 p.m.

I love it loud!! Best part of the playoffs. The very best chant that came from the mouths of the fans was "OVERRATED" aimed at Mcgrady - that was SO appropriate!! What a crybaby punk. It still makes me smile everytime I think about it!

• And Finally
    May 2, 2008 11:33 a.m.

And the guy who said that there is no roof on neyland or ohio stadium- i dont know if your trying to impy that the DC is louder than them or not. If you are, you are truley a fool. Have you ever heard of the DC causing Earth quakes? Didnt think so. I'm not gonna deny the fact that the DC is probably the loudest "arena" in the NBA, but to assume that its louder than a Stadium that holds 100+ is just ignorant. I've been to plenty of stadiums that are louder than the DC. I just hope that you werent implying that

• andrewute1
    May 2, 2008 11:21 a.m.

Ya 20,000 at rice-eccles, classic byu fan thinking they are almighty again.

• andrewute1
    May 2, 2008 11:20 a.m.

They may not have a roof, but it is still deafening. And the delta center is very, very loud and needs to be louder.

• JAZZITUP
    May 2, 2008 11:11 a.m.

IF YOUR PROUD THEN BE LOUD!! IF NOT STAY HOME, WE WONT MISS YA IN THE DOME. I PLAN ON GOING HOARSE, WILL WE WIN? OF COURSE!
    PS. I AGREE ON THE MVP YELLING, HE NEVER MAKES THE SHOTS WHEN WE YELL THAT.

• 20,000 screaming fans
    May 2, 2008 10:51 a.m.

The Rockets must be intimidated. We all know how intimidating the 20,000 fans can be at Rice-Eccles on a Saturday afternoon. (Or 15,000 if it's raining)

• Papaultine
    May 2, 2008 10:50 a.m.

Every team (except the Jazz) are an enemy to the replublic and must be destroyed.

• Bucher says
    May 2, 2008 10:43 a.m.

Bucher can say anything he wants to but he should not slander a religion or its people. If a media member/LDS person bashed anothers religion it would be on every news channel around the world as big news and how intolerant LDS people are. Bucher gives some lame apology after his bigoted statement--thats it. If he had done that against the muslim/evangelical/catholic faith he would have been fired--guaranteed.

There is an obvious double standard--we saw it with Romney. His religion was scrutinized every day he was in the race. All the other candidate got a pass.

Anyways back to the point. Our fans are loud and they are the best--AND, there are plenty of non-LDS people at the arena anyways!! Just demonstrates even more the ignorant nature of the statements from these media types painting with a broad brush.

I hope it is so loud little Tracy McLady has to put a towel over is wimpy little ears!!

Go Jazz!!!!

We WILL close them out tonight!!!

• Re:andrewute1
    May 2, 2008 10:28 a.m.

No roof on Neyland Stadium or Ohio Stadium. It makes a big difference.

• andrewute1
    May 2, 2008 9:31 a.m.

TO TOO LOUD-
    What is your problem!!?? The games are supposed to be loud, its a basketball game not a library people! The esa only holds 20,000 people, how do you think football teams feel when they go to tennessee which holds 105,000, or ohio st which holds 104,000, or the loudest of all the "swamp" in gator country? ITS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE PEOPLE AND IT NEEDS TO BE DEAFENING! There is a reason why people call fans the "6th man", SO BE LOUD TONIGHT!!

GO JAZZ!

• Dave
    May 2, 2008 9:31 a.m.

Who cares what Bucher thinks....and frankly it may be somewhat true.....at what other point do we really let off steam? People need to stop being so sensitive.

May 2, 2008 8:37 a.m.

Even though I will be in the celestial section, I'll add my voice to the noise. And I'm too old for a lot of things, but not the Jazz home court advantage. Make it happen, folks.

• If It's Too Loud, You're Too Old
    May 2, 2008 8:17 a.m.

The Delta Center (Yes I still refer to it as the DC), is loud and any self-respecting Jazz fan is proud of it and only wants it louder. If the opposing players are thinking about it, it's a good thing for the Jazz.

The only thing I don't like is when the crowd chants MVP while Dwilly is shooting free throws. Stop!

Go Jazz!!

• Too Loud
    May 2, 2008 8:00 a.m.

Although I may be in the minority, I think ESA is way too loud. It is more like a rock concert than a sporting event when you go. And that really isn't a comment on the fans. More a comment on the music, announcing, amplification, and acoustics.

Oh well I guess most fans like it that way.

Go Jazz!

• Jazz Crazy
    May 2, 2008 7:51 a.m.

Go Jazz! Good Luck! If someone would have made fun of anyother religion, or race, then there would be an uproar, and there would be a crazy thing going on and he would most likley be fired form is ESPN job.

• Birdman
    May 2, 2008 5:57 a.m.

Hang in there, Rockets. I know exactly what you're going through.