Utah

Y. professor thinks bombs, not planes, toppled WTC

Comments

• Anonymous
    April 4, 2010 11:02 p.m.

People think that if you're patriotic, religious, and conservative that you probably don't believe this stuff. I'm all three of those things and believe a lot of it. It's obvious explosives took them down, but of course we will never know if the gov. planned it.

• Marcus
    March 27, 2010 12:35 p.m.

This evidence is concrete and basically proves 9/11 was not how we were told. Those who still think that the American government did not have anything to do with it, should do some research and look at these facts. As soon as a plane is suspected to be hijacked, ANY plane public airline military etc. Fighter pilots are scrambled and sent to fly along the plane and even shoot it down if necessary. They do not need ANY orders from ANY authority to do this, it is THE LAW! Where were our planes on 9/11? They did not go into the air, that means that someone gave orders for them to stay on the ground!! Who can do this? Only the American government. Look at the facts. Do your own research, you will be amazed. Google project northwood and watch the documentary terrorStorm. The truth must be learned.

• Re:Re: Chris
    March 22, 2010 8:29 p.m.

What do you have against Canada? It's been generally rated as having a higher human development index even (better quality of life). Nothing against America though.

• kelly
    Oct. 19, 2009 1:08 a.m.

one question..just weighing the odds...something i do not want to believe..but answer me this did they Identify the plane that crashed into the pentagon..what company was it..I can't find colors that match red..white..and lite blue..only two countries with those three colors are the USA..which is dark blue and russa which is actually a lighter blue..i hate to think it was not a plane but something else. I thought that they were various planes coming out of another place in the US
    unfortunately i can't remember the make of the planes and what company failed to protect the US citizens..was it various planes as well..i can't find the pictures of commecial airplanes in the United States that match the tail of the one sitting outside of the pentagon in a field..just would like to disprove everyone's suspicions..Too many people died that day to just ignore any other idea that we are just unfortunate Americans who are unprepared..Why are we such and untrusting country but i guess we are sick of being fooled..I really do hope the Government never tells us anyway.

• LickDaCat
    Sept. 17, 2009 11:58 a.m.

No doubt the government is hiding the truth. If Muslim terrorists were so intent on getting us they would have done it again within the last eight years. Our borders are totally wide open to anybody that wants to come in with whatever they want to bring with them. There is no security to speak of.

One fact that is rarely mentioned is that all Israeli's were absent from the trade centers that day. A group of mossad agents were caught on tape filming and celebrating the attacks.

• Miguel A Tinoco Rodriguez
    Aug. 16, 2009 3:27 p.m.

I am disgusted with our government and of our society for being willfully blind. I am scared about the judgements that God will bring to our nation for our silence and cowardice that is not allowing us to refreshh the tree of liberty when presented with the truth of our tyranical government.

• links of london
    July 23, 2009 6:48 p.m.

Thanks for your information!

• Nope.
    June 12, 2009 9:11 p.m.

This guy is wrong.

Thank God...

• What
    June 12, 2009 9:01 p.m.

is BYU saying on this guy's theory?

• Nan Gold
    June 12, 2009 8:43 p.m.

It might be instructive to see what the V1 & V2 rockets did to London's tall buildings during WWII -- Just a thought.

• Joseph Chia
    Feb. 26, 2009 8:06 p.m.

I acknowledge Mr. Jones' points and arguments about this event, and promptly agree. I also agree with Mr. Robert Stevens' comment. There was clearly no, or severly reduced air resistance because it is clear that the towers acclerated as they fell. I also agree with Mr.Jon-Q-Law. The fires inside the building could never reach 5000 degrees, and the building did not collapse even with the wind + damage to the SE side. I'm not a professional engineer or anything, but it's clear to me, an ordinary citizen, that there were explosives planted inside the building prior to the event. I think what Mr. Jones has to say is as equally as important as what any other scientist has to say about this situation. His points are well thought out, supported, and pretty much valid to my eyes. In addition they actually make sense, and applying those ideas makes the whole picture much clearer. You can pray God all you would like, but you must still eat to survive. In the same way, you might brush over this topic, but any sensible person should look at the facts of the case, and cut out the impossible.

• Re: Chris
    Feb. 8, 2009 3:15 p.m.

If this country is so pathetic, please feel free to move to, say ... Mexico or Canada ... or France. You're certainly free to move. And while your exercising your freedom, realize that the free world owes it's freedom to the USA. If you dispute that assertion, please read world history.

And while you're reading, you'll discover that the majority of major scientific and medical innovations have come from the same americans for whom you show such distain.

Also, you'll find that, at one point in our earth's history, scientists actually pronounced that the world was FLAT. Scientists are smart, but not infallable.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 8, 2009 3:01 p.m.

So without rambling too much we do have genuine hope for the future in obama who has emerged as an insprirational figure. Hopefully the past 8 years can be put to bed now although it will take time. We will never truely know wat happened on 9/11, the mind shudders... the findings of prof jones cannot be ignored or easily dissmissed but alas i dont think we'll ever find out the truth. All we can do is move on.

• John
    Feb. 8, 2009 2:54 p.m.

What a nut! I'm not a professor myself, so I can't argue his points. However, I have seen other scientists convincingly dispute Jones' findings.

From the number of comments supporting Jones' theories, and their common bad grammar, I wonder if the conspiracy theorists are collectively poorly educated, or if many of the posts are written by the same person.

• Chris
    Feb. 8, 2009 2:37 p.m.

Greatest country in the world? Right... ok then a country where theres approx 50 million people who cant afford basic healthcare, a country who bullies others,a country of vast amounts of obese and lazy people,a country whos average citizen has about as much intelligence as a pencil, a laughable education system - the average citizen knows little about what happens outside their own state never the mind the country or the rest of the world, a country whos people have an innate lack of ability to think for themselves and insist on being spoon fed and would believe anything their govt tells them because their conditioned to be so by all the patriotic and religious rhetoric. So condescending and contraditory. Is the essence of a democracy not a place where everyone is entitled to voice an opinion and to question its leaders when seen fit to do so? Being told to shut up and being told to be unpatriotic doesnt equate to such values. Something is seriously wrong in a society where people tolerate such things. A 21st century country with a 19th century mentality. Greatest country in the world? Whatever you say sir!

• Clay
    Jan. 14, 2009 3:39 p.m.

It is obvious to many persons that WTC was a demolition job. As stated, seceral times above, no large building will collapse perfectly into its own footprint.

Of course, there are reasons the truth isn't told; had it been so, no one in NYC would have returned to work in a large building on September 12 (business before honor, you know).

Enough talk! It's now time to do something about it. Is there an organization being formed to do this?

• Robert Stevens
    Jan. 11, 2009 8:51 a.m.

Free-fall speed means explosives were used.

Free-fall speed is approximately 32 feet per second, PER SECOND. So in the first second you travel at an average speed of 32 feet per second. The second second you travel at an average speed of 64 feet per second and so on.

The three towers didn't just fall, they accelerated. For acceleration to instantly start and continue, all resistance must be removed from the lower floors.

Humans know that the only to remove resistance in steel and concrete buildings is with high-energy explosives.

Dr. Jones doesn't just "think" explosives were used, he knows it.

• huh
    Jan. 11, 2009 1:20 a.m.

I didn't even know there were people who thought it was a government conspiracy. I guess you learn something new every day. So did we really land on the moon then?

• Steve'o
    Oct. 5, 2008 3:57 p.m.

I am so mind blown by the simple mined people who just don't get it. Even after it is all spelled out for them. I do understand the horror of believing that our own government could actually be behind such a horrible act. That is one of the worst feeling there are, but then again how many other lies have we been fed over the years. For you nonbelievers just keep your head in the sand, and let the government do what ever it wants to you. But don't let them do this and worse to your children. For your children sake stop them now. Because it's only going to get worse.

• Jon-Q-Law
    Aug. 16, 2008 4:03 p.m.

The fire could never reach 5000 degrees, the building had a ton of lawsuits against it, the elevators were failing causing massive injuries, HVAC problems, asbestos, structural issues, electrical problems, the building was completely outdated, the time of the attacks (before 9am) the building didn't topple even with the wind and the damage to SE side. No delayed collapse, no burning inferno, only the top floors caught fire. Why did number 7 even collapse at all, when the other buildings didn't (Deutsche)? Ask the Wallstreeters what they said about the towers before 911, they were total crap. There are just too many things that miraculously happened for such a perfect demolition without explosives? I've been in construction for over 20 years; sorry just no way that happened so perfectly. Those beams were cut to perfection.

• Patsy Perkins
    Aug. 3, 2008 9:07 p.m.

I have a lot to say & not enough room.So I will keep it short.Americans live in the greatest country in the world & they are not stupid. You might be though.Nazma you are the one needing education & communication skills.Nazma,I don't know your IQ but you might consider a IQ Test to even be able to make such an preposterous statement.First of all,the people of this country didn't elect George Bush.Secondly,I'm sure you don't have ANY control over what your government does.It's easy for someone like you to say things you are not knowledgable about.For instance,where did you learn to spell.Why don't you use a dictionary to learn spelling and study some English Lit..Lastly,I am a Christian and I would say to someone like you are you ready to meet God face to face if He came for you tonight.Have you thought about it.That's the most important thing.If you are saved throught Jesus Christ you shouldn't be worried about anything.The Bible says (Matthew 6) live one day at a time for tomorrow may never come.Why throw insults at American people you don't even know.God have mercy on you little one.You are out there aren't you?

• KC
    July 30, 2008 11:45 p.m.

It is clear to me that 911 was an inside job. Anyone who researches this and looks at what happened before and after knows it was. War in Iraq - short term goal. World domination - long term goal. Obvious motives. Some people, particularly overly patriotic types, or religious types, or republicans, all tend to be the majority in denial of what is rally happening. Sad, but these people are already slaves to those running the show behind the curtain. Stupidity is a fact of life for some and that was what the genius planners of the 911 operation knew so they did it to us. They will do it again and it has already been hinted at for early 2009!

• Sharon in Mississippi
    July 5, 2008 12:07 p.m.

How sad that some people react with name-calling and slander when someone has the courage to voice an unpopular opinion.

If the buildings had been empty, the planes had been drones, and the surrounding blocks had been evacuated and safety precautions taken like they were for the demolition of the Key Bank building, wouldn't y'all have been hootin' hollerin' and cheerin' when those two buildings (and later WTC 7, which wasn't even hit by a plane) came tumbling straight down into their own basements with such masterful precision?

Do your research and come to your own conclusions.

• j ferrie
    May 20, 2008 1:46 p.m.

this guy is a fantasist.and was fired because of incompetance.
    we have seen his file.
    his methods are pseudoscience.
    he is a joke in the scientific world.
    a dangerous walter mitty.
    we need to get behind and support are police,army and president.

• anti Looking Glass
    May 19, 2008 12:01 p.m.

how did this turn into a mormon bashing?

• David
    March 20, 2008 8:14 a.m.

Google Zeitgeist and watch the movie

• Looking Glass
    Feb. 28, 2008 2:54 p.m.

Do you want to know where the next flase-flag attack is going to be?
    Do you think it was just a coincidence that VP Cheeney gave the commencement speech at BYU just after the incident concerning Prof. Steven Jones?
    I think it was a stern warning not touch this subject again or be considered an enemy of state.
    I think the Mormons scare the crap out of these people. The Mormons are an incredibly huge, wealthy orginization that is really outside any government control. I think a dirty bomb is SLC would solve so many problems for this bunch. Think about it and weep.

• Anonymous
    Feb. 25, 2008 9:28 p.m.

Most of us aren't experts in building engineering so we need more people like Jones to step up. We all in shock just accept, Oh, it's fires. Common sense though, something seems wrong, how does steel turn to dust. Then building 7 tops off the mystery. I just want to know the truth, please. What can we do? Most people don't want to bring it up, it is cased closed. I agree with Peter above, I don't think coming up with theories is the best thing right now. The truth should come out once we pursue what we know, something seems wrong with how the buildings came down. Fires doesn't cut it for me. I would like to see a model building setup and replicate what happend to the buildings. Show that fires and the impact did it. Just thought of something, because we saw it twice, we assume that is what just happens. Of course, doesn't explain 7.

• Peter
    Feb. 13, 2008 1:48 a.m.

I've conducted countless hours of research regarding the events of September. I don't want to preach to the choir, and I don't want you folks to do that either. Lets start basic, and lets begin with the physical facts like Jones has done. We achieve nothing by running around screaming conspiracy. We get pats on the back from people who already know the official report has huge gaping holes, and the people who believe the official story just get increasingly pissed off. This is an unfathomably polarized debate. If you like myself believe that we need another investigation into the events of September 11th, then I charge you all to exercise intelligence in the ways you bridge the gap with those non-believers. I've swayed a lot of the faculty in the engineering department of the university where I study by appealing to their sense of reason and their firm beliefs in predictability of materials and other physical improbabilities and I daresay, impossibilities that are believed to have occurred that day. I must insist that everyone who reads this consider that the ripple effects of your actions reach further than you realize. Please ready Jones' published paper. Enough said

• Dianne Foster
    Jan. 14, 2008 8:30 p.m.

Professor Jones applied a simple scientific concept: when you have eliminated the impossible what remains is what happened. Everyone has seen implosions. No one has seen a building collapse into its footprint from fire before 9/11 or after. On 9/11, and with a lot of fanfare, two such buildings were said to have collapsed from fire. Then, later in the day, another did. The third building was shown still standing on BBC, while the naive "news-reader" (as they call them, accurately, in Britain) announced it had collapsed. When it began its 6 second fall, the "feed" to the news shut down. For months, the BBC claimed to have lost the tape of this obvious pre-announcement. But why go into detail? Three impossible things happened on 9/11. I know we are all expected to believe six impossible things before breakfast in some religions, but my government is not my religion, and I do not believe them. What religious dogmas I choose to accept are between me and my God. I hold my government to worldly standards of proof and do not commit the idolatry of believing them where their explanations are without rational foundation.

• Owen
    Jan. 7, 2008 9:26 a.m.

Although Prof. Jones may be right that this was the work of explosives, that doesn't prove who planted the explosives, or how long they'd been there, or that President Bush even knew about them, seeing as government conspiracies don't necessarily require the president, and could possibly even be served by his ignorance. A proper investigation is needed before any alegations can be made, or it will just cause more problems.

• Anonymous
    Dec. 11, 2007 11:19 p.m.

All you can do it sit there and agree with what he's said. Getting into too much detail about all of the other events is irrelevant. All he's gone to prove is that explosives, and not plains, brought down the towers. If it was our government, with the support and greed of Rockafeller, who owned the buildings and has great stake in the oil companies, oil banking, and trade agreements, you'll just have to shrug. It's too late to do anything about it now, and out government has the strength and the ability to keep the truth hidden for a very long time.

• Casey
    Nov. 27, 2007 4:39 p.m.

I support Jones, good for him to have the courage and strength to say what he believes is true. Especially against a bunch of blind sheeple that don't understand what is happening to their freedom and liberty.

• John
    Nov. 7, 2007 1:33 p.m.

As a retired military person I reflect on the many days I fought fires at training facilities. Day after day we deliberatly set fire to tanks and buildings filled with oil for training in fire fighting. Not one of these structures was replaced due to melting. Check out "ground Zero Hiroshima" and see what withstood tempuratures equal to the surface of the sun and the most powerfull blast man had devised.

• Robert Gruber
    Nov. 1, 2007 10:26 a.m.

Let's say all these conspiracy theorists are correct; the US government blew up the WTC to start a war. What about those four destroyed airplanes? Were they imaginary? Or did the CIA payoff Osama bin Laden to do that, so we could start a war in Afghanistan and force him to flee for his life into the Tora Bora mountain chain? It is all so patently absurd that all these nutjobs, including Professor Jones, should take a deep breath and go back to their day jobs, rather than pretend to know what they are talking about.

• Greg
    Oct. 31, 2007 10:11 a.m.

As a Professional Engineer, I have looked at Dr. Jones arguments and evidence, and found them credible. It is quite a bit to "swallow" that our own government would attack "it's own" in order to promote a war, but "false flag" events are common, and very effective tools. Hitler burned the German parliment building (the Riechstag) in order to unite the people behind his warlike and radical agenda. The question in my mind is: Will Americans stop this neo-conservative generated radicalism before another world war begins?

• Anonymous
    Oct. 12, 2007 5:16 p.m.

Not surprised a BYU professor would believe such absolute nonsense and actually propagate it. After all, you all DO believe the Book of Mormon (bwaaaaa, ha, ha, ha) so I guess it's not that much of a stretch.

• Um...
    Oct. 12, 2007 2:58 p.m.

Why would they make their own peopel afraid for thier lives with threats, and false pretenses about diseases and manufactured death? well isnt it obvious if we just think about it? To make you their puppet. so that you have no concept to question the,? think about it who would question a government if there was an attack on their people? who would realize soon enough that the government lied? no one. It would take years for conspiracies to develope, and we can make up a whole story and throw it out to the public within 48 hours and people will get behind us. Watch this: makes up a story as to why the people should not ride bycicles. THen at a race, two trees fall down, killing hundreds. no one questions who does it, and the government blames it on individuals who they have a problem.

• ski8bug
    Oct. 4, 2007 12:43 p.m.

I just have one question, why would the government do this??

• James
    Sept. 28, 2007 8:46 p.m.

The fires, according to the math I've gone through, could have only hit...at its worst...257 C, and that's by containing the fire to one floor, burning with perfect efficency, with no hot gasses leaving the floor, with no heat escaping by conduction and allowing an unlimited amount of time for the steel and cencrete to absorb all the heat (to figure out the hottese it could get). That's nowhere close to the 600 C where steel loses half its strength, and it's DEFENITELY nowhere close to 1535 C where steel melts. I'll agree it's explosives.

• Alex
    Sept. 28, 2007 2:33 p.m.

I'm just waiting for the next "false flag" event. They were cooking up 9/11 for years and I know they have more murderous tricks up their sleeves. And I 2nd the motion to try and execute those actually responsible for 9/11 (though they may have to impeached and removed from office first).

• Ryan
    Sept. 27, 2007 11:08 a.m.

We didn't elect George W. Bush. It's a mystery to most people how he ever did take office. I believe that George W. Bush won't only be held accountable for the 2,000+ victims of 9/11 but also for the 70,000+ Iraqi civilians killed as of Sep. '07, and the great American troops that are sacrificing their lives for a lie.

• Thomas Wiersma
    Sept. 24, 2007 11:50 p.m.

I have been a steel worker and fabricator for the railroads in this country for over 30years, and I had the wanted ability to be tuned in to ESPN on the morning of the horrible event, and as the buildings began to implode on them selvse, and the so called experts were trying to make it sound possible by the heat generated by the jet fuel and the huge air surge of the elevator shafts, I looked at my wife and said our government just killed all those people just to start a war in the oil rich middle east and,disrupt any and all Opec Nations to begin driving the price of oil out of sight, and that is exactly what happened , and all those poor souls were sacrificed simply for the unbridled greed that has griped our counrty ever since George W. Bush, has become our president, and he and his entire group of murderers should be tried and shot for the horrible deeds that took place on that day.

• not america
    Sept. 17, 2007 8:16 p.m.

If americans think it was bush why did u elect him again, only in america would he of even got elected

• Nazma
    Sept. 15, 2007 2:02 p.m.

Its terrible! How come it possible to kill his own people with his own weapon? American people are most unfortunate people in this world. Most of them are blind, foolish but their leaders are shrewd, cunning 100 times more than their common people. Any other attack can happen again as they are still inflaming fire behind the previous blame.

• John Sr.
    Sept. 13, 2007 9:05 p.m.

Just one more step towards a one world government by the Free Masons and their cohorts! The physics prove it beyond a doubt.

• Gustavo
    Sept. 5, 2007 12:57 p.m.

I completely believe it. How could it not be true? It's physics. No one sees the facts or logic in any of it. They just think that these "terrorists" are out to get us when it's our own government.