Students make their way down the halls at Granger High School on Monday, November 4, 2013.
Matt Gade, Deseret News
This year, the Deseret News will focus on education in Utah as part of our specialized legislative coverage, from early childhood education to higher education.
New York City is now spending $200 million on private schools for special education. Critics argue that this is sapping the city's ability to provide special education... Read more »
Iraq and Afghanistan veterans have flocked to for-profit colleges, including a troubled chain that is closing or selling its campuses amid a series of federal and... Read more »
Elder M. Russell Ballard and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, both of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, sent a "tweet" to followers this past week. Read more »
Our profession is often omitted from the media or confused with physical therapy, and I felt it was important to correct this oversight on behalf of thousands of... Read more »
Our congressional leaders have long replaced bipartisanship with self-serving manipulation. It is no longer about representing constituents, it’s about... Read more »
Teachers are spending more money out of pocket on their students than ever before. The seemingly scant school budgets are proving insufficient for the needs of students. Read more »
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...