Utah Legislature 2013
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Based on our grass-roots efforts, Deseret News editors have identified five key issues that matter to Utah families. These issues include early childhood education, college and career readiness, economic development, health care and well-being, and intergenerational poverty.
These issues are often interrelated and essential to continued prosperity. We present those issues to you with a promise that our legislative coverage will center on those things that matter most to you.
Both chambers of the Utah Legislature passed a bill Wednesday that funds and requires the administration of a college readiness assessment, such as the ACT or SAT, for... Read more »
A bill reauthorizing a task force to create a statewide action plan that assists veterans to adjust to civilian society passed 68-7 Wednesday in the House. Read more »
The House passed a bill Wednesday to offer tax credits for vehicles that run on cleaner burning fuels. Read more »
With a final Utah Senate vote tallied Wednesday, courts will be able to consider fault when awarding alimony after a divorce. Read more »
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents