Utah Legislature 2013
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
Based on our grass-roots efforts, Deseret News editors have identified five key issues that matter to Utah families. These issues include early childhood education, college and career readiness, economic development, health care and well-being, and intergenerational poverty.
These issues are often interrelated and essential to continued prosperity. We present those issues to you with a promise that our legislative coverage will center on those things that matter most to you.
Both chambers of the Utah Legislature passed a bill Wednesday that funds and requires the administration of a college readiness assessment, such as the ACT or SAT, for... Read more »
A bill reauthorizing a task force to create a statewide action plan that assists veterans to adjust to civilian society passed 68-7 Wednesday in the House. Read more »
The House passed a bill Wednesday to offer tax credits for vehicles that run on cleaner burning fuels. Read more »
With a final Utah Senate vote tallied Wednesday, courts will be able to consider fault when awarding alimony after a divorce. Read more »
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash