Ten tips to help prevent childhood obesity
Be a role model »1 of 10 «
Eating healthy is a family affair and children learn by example. It is unreasonable to expect one person in the family to be on a “diet.” Set the house up properly and think of healthy eating and exercise as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Fill the cabinets and refrigerator with healthy snacks, fruits and vegetables. If the chips and junk food are not there, then they are not an option. If a child is whining that he wants the cookies, it is easy to say “no” if there are none in the house.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Character counts, but politics, gender... 31
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 20
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Why do Elsa's and Anna's parents have... 6
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale... 6
- Should you tell your spouse the little... 5
- Goodell: 'Same mistakes can never be... 4