Utah high schools with highest CRT scores by weighted average in 2011
Here is a look at the best-scoring high schools in Utah for the 2011 to 2012 academic year, according to the state's criterion-referenced tests, or CRT.
The CRT tests gauge student performance and shows which schools are performing better than others in scores.
The rankings are based on the percentages of students who have passed CRT tests proficiently.
The Deseret News averaged language arts, math and science scores together weighed by total students tested in each category to get an overall percentage.
Only schools with 150 students or more are included in the list.
The data for this list can be found on the Utah State Office of Education website.
The following schools have been excluded because of inconclusive data or other circumstances:
Itineris Early College High
Jordan Valley School
East Shore High
Youth Educational Support School
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 68
- Josh Romney first on scene of crash,... 59
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 43
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 33
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25