Real Salt Lake vs. Portland Timbers report card
Nick Rimando (GK) »2 of 15 «
Nick Rimando's 21st minute save off a point blank Rodney Wallace header may have been the play of the game. And that's saying something considering how RSL scored it's goals. Wallace streaked in on a set piece to find himself wide open at the mouth of the goal as the perfectly placed corner kick from Jack Jewsbury fell to him, but Rimando got just enough of a hand to the ball to keep it from crossing the line and Will Johnson cleaned it out. He was let down by Olave in the 61st minute who failed to track Portland's Bright Dike who headed one way out of Rimando's reach and into the back of the net. Nick was the hero once again in the 81st minute when he saved a rocketing and dipping free kick from second half Portland energizer, Bright Dike, that was net-bound but for Nick's quick reflexes.
»2 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Injured Mormon senior missionary shares long...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson, Utah...
- Dick Harmon: SI writer gets firsthand...
- Judge sends Jeremy Johnson to prison for more...
- LDS couple has inspired in the years after...
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football and...
- Morning links: Joe Ingles has a busy week;...
- Utah drive-in theaters offer new films with a...