Home costs: How long does it take to save for the American dream?
»30 items «
Deseret News photo illustration
Based on median wages and home listing prices, the Deseret News calculated how long it would take to save up for a down payment on a median-priced home if you lived and worked in each county. This list assumes savings to be 10 percent of median wages, an interest rate of 1.5 percent is applied to the savings account and the down payment is 5 percent of the full price of the home. The list is ordered by length of time it would take to save for a down payment in each county, from shortest to longest. House price information obtained from Zillow. Wage information obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
»30 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- LDS Church, LGBT advocates back...
- LDS missionaries reunite man with his lost...
- Story of LDS man who forgave drunk driver for...
- Brad Rock: When it comes to rioting, Miami...
- Utah girl dances solo 9 months after losing...
- Jazz grind out impressive 93-82 win in Memphis
- After year layoff, BYU's Kurtz happy to be...
- Survey: US businesses add 212K jobs in... 3
- Salt Lake City named among top 10... 3
- Lehi supplement firm launches research lab 2
- Nebraska looking at ways to lure... 1
- Automakers vow not to give up on... 1
- Senate fails to override Obama's veto... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Compassion beyond... 1
- Balancing act: Readers offer tips for... 1