Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 48
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 23
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12