Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Newlywed viral Star Wars couple: 'The Force...
- BYU football receives commitment from Lone...
- Utah family changes course because of child's...
- Utah and UVU assigned regionals; BYU left out...
- Dick Harmon: With historic hoops coaching...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- New temple presidents
- About Utah: Utah teacher taught 15 children...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 110
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 42
- Delegates in hand, Trump says he's got... 33
- In Hiroshima, Obama honors 'silent cry'... 25
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only... 17
- Trump tells California 'there is no... 17
- Trump: Those in US illegally treated... 15