Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 36
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 30
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 11
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 10
- Senate averts shutdown fears; Democrats... 9
- So wait? Pets don't go to heaven? 8