Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- LDS Church enhances web pages on its history,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 135
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 124
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 60
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 29
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- Space and religion: How believers view... 24