Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- New mission presidents
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Utah's congressional delegation... 71
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 66
- Obama in State of the Union: Tax... 56
- Romney says climate change presents a... 34
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 27
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 19