Is age a political issue? U.S. Senators who are 70 or older
»27 items «
Sen. Orrin Hatch and his Democratic challenger Scott Howell battled over age in the Senate after Howell sent out a fundraising email saying, "Look, Orrin Hatch is not a bad guy. But he's an old guy. . . . We cannot risk the possibility of an 80-year-old man taking office, only to retire or die before his term is through." At 78, Hatch has served in the Senate for 36 years. He is the seventh oldest in the U.S. Senate, where the median age is 63. Here's a look at the 27 U.S. Senators who are 70 or older. Read more: Scott Howell, Sen. Orrin Hatch in war of words over age
»27 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom Hill...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 65
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 21
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- US, Arab allies committed to fighting... 15
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 15
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 14
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 11