10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 20
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13