10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Canada man finds an Elizabeth Gallagher for...
- How would LDS be affected by renewed US-Cuba...
- Little Lamb: A babe in white linen on white...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 43
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 32
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 29
- Police: 3 dead, including gunman, in... 18
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 12
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 11
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- Senate averts shutdown fears; Democrats... 9