10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- New York Jets waive former BYU quarterback...
- Teen accused of murdering neighbor now...
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 76
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 34
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 16
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- Fired reporter kills 2 former... 15