10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New temple presidents
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 29
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 16
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 13