10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS university president receives national...
- The most overlooked characteristic of the...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks out on...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Couple married 67 years dies holding hands
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Gov. Herbert: 'Let chips go where they... 70
- Defying GOP, Obama vetoes Keystone XL... 51
- Anti-vaccine mothers discuss their... 36
- Photo gallery: 'Birdman' takes flight... 26
- President Obama says he's committed to... 19
- Is growing income inequity hurting... 18
- For Clinton, her family foundation may... 16
- Obama to governors: DHS shutdown would... 15