10 'gaffes' that made headlines during presidential campaigns
»11 items «
Henry Griffin, Associated Press
Some wonder if it's the end of Mitt Romney's campaign after video emerged of Romney saying, "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what," and who are dependent upon government. His job, he said, "is not to worry about those people." "I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives," Romney said. Unfortunately for presidential candidates, statements they'd like to remain unrepeated often end up on tape and aired multiple times. Here is a list of statements that raised red flags - whether the statements were taken out of context or not - from various presidential campaigns throughout the years.
»11 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- New mission presidents
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- About Utah: Big-time golf in little ol'...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 58
- Gay marriage a difficult issue for GOP... 32
- Obama sounds alarm on climate damage in... 30
- House Benghazi panel calls Clinton to... 29
- Yellowstone supervolcano is super big,... 24
- American, Italian hostages killed in US... 22
- Clinton Foundation admits missteps in... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 13