50 lessons I want to teach my daughter
I have a daughter.
It’s changed everything. My gorgeous, rough and tumble boys — I love them as hard as they love all things mud, dirt and mortal combat. But raising a girl — I ache to give her a head start in this Pinterest, Photoshopped world.
I won’t get it perfect, but dang if I’m not going to give it a wild and wonderful go.
Editor's note: This piece, by Lisa-Jo Baker, originally appeared on her blog, Tales from a Gypsy Mama. It has been reprinted here with permission. Visit her blog to see the complete list of 100 Things I Want to Teach My Daughter.
- New temple presidents
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- New mission presidents
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 8
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1