Gov. Leavitt's top 10 Accomplishments
»10 items «
Michael O. Leavitt is the newest member of the Deseret News Editorial Advisory Board. He's back in private life now as chairman of the Leavitt Partners consulting firm, but during his 16 years of public service — governor of Utah, 1993-2003; administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, 2003-05; U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, 2005-09 — Leavitt instituted and implemented a multitude of policies and programs that positively impacted hundreds of millions of lives. In honor of Gov. Leavitt's distinguished service, the Deseret News recalls 10 major accomplishments from his public service. (Note: this list of accomplishments is unranked, i.e., there is no intent or attempt to make the apples-to-oranges comparisons which would be necessary to distinguish or differentiate one accomplishment from the others.)
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- New mission presidents
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Hillary Clinton wiped... 48
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 47
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 35
- Senate's Harry Reid announces he won't... 34
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 32
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29