Gov. Leavitt's top 10 Accomplishments
»10 items «
Michael O. Leavitt is the newest member of the Deseret News Editorial Advisory Board. He's back in private life now as chairman of the Leavitt Partners consulting firm, but during his 16 years of public service — governor of Utah, 1993-2003; administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, 2003-05; U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, 2005-09 — Leavitt instituted and implemented a multitude of policies and programs that positively impacted hundreds of millions of lives. In honor of Gov. Leavitt's distinguished service, the Deseret News recalls 10 major accomplishments from his public service. (Note: this list of accomplishments is unranked, i.e., there is no intent or attempt to make the apples-to-oranges comparisons which would be necessary to distinguish or differentiate one accomplishment from the others.)
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 94
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 70
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 32
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 23