Gov. Leavitt's top 10 Accomplishments
»10 items «
Michael O. Leavitt is the newest member of the Deseret News Editorial Advisory Board. He's back in private life now as chairman of the Leavitt Partners consulting firm, but during his 16 years of public service — governor of Utah, 1993-2003; administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, 2003-05; U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, 2005-09 — Leavitt instituted and implemented a multitude of policies and programs that positively impacted hundreds of millions of lives. In honor of Gov. Leavitt's distinguished service, the Deseret News recalls 10 major accomplishments from his public service. (Note: this list of accomplishments is unranked, i.e., there is no intent or attempt to make the apples-to-oranges comparisons which would be necessary to distinguish or differentiate one accomplishment from the others.)
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Security breached: Intruder gets into White...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Police release names of officers involved in...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 153
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 56
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 44
- Police release names of officers... 30
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 27
- Love says commenting on Saratoga... 20
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 19