18 things I wish I knew when I was 18
My oldest daughter is headed off to college, and I’m freaking out. I can’t believe she’s that old. I can’t believe I’m that old either! I honestly do not know where the time went; it seems like yesterday she was learning to ride a bike.
She and I had a little chat over some cucumber salad a couple of days ago, and as we were talking she took notes. Then she said she’d hang them on the living room wall of her apartment. This got me thinking about when I was 18 and all the things I know now that I wish I knew then.
Here are 18 items that landed on that list, and subsequently will land on my daughter’s wall.
Ruthie Armstrong resides in Pleasant Grove, UT. She is the mother of five and runs the What’s Cooking with Ruthie blog. Contact Ruthie at email@example.com
- Photo gallery: Tornado rips Oklahoma suburb
- Fire chief says search almost complete in...
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Bodyguards allegedly beat up 2 fans who took...
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah... 10
- Disney reportedly pulls new 'Brave'... 9
- French president signs gay marriage... 5
- Former middle-class moms choose new... 5
- Reactions to abortion murder verdict... 4
- Salt Lake City has highest rate of... 2
- Taking back family dinner: A healthy,... 2
- Viral photos encourage moms to 'set... 2