18 things I wish I knew when I was 18
This article originally appeared on the What’s Cooking With Ruthie blog. It has been revised and republished with permission here.
My oldest daughter is headed off to college, and I’m freaking out. I can’t believe she’s that old. I can’t believe I’m that old either! I honestly do not know where the time went; it seems like yesterday she was learning to ride a bike.
She and I had a little chat over some cucumber salad a couple of days ago, and as we were talking she took notes. Then she said she’d hang them on the living room wall of her apartment. This got me thinking about when I was 18 and all the things I know now that I wish I knew then.
Here are 18 items that landed on that list, and subsequently will land on my daughter’s wall.
Ruthie Armstrong resides in Pleasant Grove, UT. She is the mother of five and runs the What’s Cooking with Ruthie blog. Contact Ruthie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 50
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Linda & Richard Eyre: What we can all... 13
- Understanding and responding to the... 9
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 9
- Utah kids have lower death rate, but... 9
- Leaving your child alone in public?... 5
- Wright Words: Why I’m sorry for... 5