18 things I wish I knew when I was 18
This article originally appeared on the What’s Cooking With Ruthie blog. It has been revised and republished with permission here.
My oldest daughter is headed off to college, and I’m freaking out. I can’t believe she’s that old. I can’t believe I’m that old either! I honestly do not know where the time went; it seems like yesterday she was learning to ride a bike.
She and I had a little chat over some cucumber salad a couple of days ago, and as we were talking she took notes. Then she said she’d hang them on the living room wall of her apartment. This got me thinking about when I was 18 and all the things I know now that I wish I knew then.
Here are 18 items that landed on that list, and subsequently will land on my daughter’s wall.
Ruthie Armstrong resides in Pleasant Grove, UT. She is the mother of five and runs the What’s Cooking with Ruthie blog. Contact Ruthie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Why I make my kids go to church
- New mission presidents
- 17 years later, parents find kidnapped...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- LDS girl's imagination takes viewers of a new...