The Scrooge Index: see the richest and least charitable ZIP codes in the nation
»51 items «
Some cities are more charitable than others. But which cities tend to be the richest and least charitable? Here's a list of the most Scrooge-like ZIP codes in the U.S., according to a Deseret News analysis. The list is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent available. The rankings are based on the areas that earn over $100,000 in adjusted gross income and that donate the smallest percentage of their income to charities. The 50 areas are listed by percentage of income donated. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Honoring a legend: BYU star quarterback Jim...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3