The Scrooge Index: see the richest and least charitable ZIP codes in the nation
»51 items «
Some cities are more charitable than others. But which cities tend to be the richest and least charitable? Here's a list of the most Scrooge-like ZIP codes in the U.S., according to a Deseret News analysis. The list is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent available. The rankings are based on the areas that earn over $100,000 in adjusted gross income and that donate the smallest percentage of their income to charities. The 50 areas are listed by percentage of income donated. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Eagle Mountain votes to accept Rocky... 2