The Scrooge Index: see the richest and least charitable ZIP codes in the nation
»51 items «
Some cities are more charitable than others. But which cities tend to be the richest and least charitable? Here's a list of the most Scrooge-like ZIP codes in the U.S., according to a Deseret News analysis. The list is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent available. The rankings are based on the areas that earn over $100,000 in adjusted gross income and that donate the smallest percentage of their income to charities. The 50 areas are listed by percentage of income donated. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14