The Scrooge Index: see the richest and least charitable ZIP codes in the nation
»51 items «
Some cities are more charitable than others. But which cities tend to be the richest and least charitable? Here's a list of the most Scrooge-like ZIP codes in the U.S., according to a Deseret News analysis. The list is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent available. The rankings are based on the areas that earn over $100,000 in adjusted gross income and that donate the smallest percentage of their income to charities. The 50 areas are listed by percentage of income donated. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 11
- US jobless aid applications fall to... 5
- Audit cites 'inadequate oversight' in... 5
- How students are engaging textbook... 4
- Millennials may do career and home life... 3
- Another year, another small Social... 2
- HBO unleashes streaming from cable... 1
- Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen says... 1