The Scrooge Index: see the richest and least charitable ZIP codes in the nation
»51 items «
Some cities are more charitable than others. But which cities tend to be the richest and least charitable? Here's a list of the most Scrooge-like ZIP codes in the U.S., according to a Deseret News analysis. The list is based on 2008 tax data from the Internal Revenue Service, the most recent available. The rankings are based on the areas that earn over $100,000 in adjusted gross income and that donate the smallest percentage of their income to charities. The 50 areas are listed by percentage of income donated. Adjusted gross income is gross income minus allowable adjustments such as medical expenses, unreimbursed business expenses and alimony, according to Investopedia.com.
»51 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has recovered...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 10
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Sarah Palin launches online... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4