Muslims from all over the world mark the first day of Eid al-Fitr
»28 items «
AP Photo/Arshad Butt
Muslims around the world — here are images from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Jordan, Egypt, Russia, Nigeria, Indonesia, Iraq, Kosovo, Yemen, Italy, Sri Lanka, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Kenya, Palestine, Greece, Bosnia and the United States — are celebrating Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, the Muslim calendar's ninth and holiest month during which followers are required to abstain from food and drink from dawn to dusk.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 74
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Observers uncertain about the impact of... 49
- LDS Church to break ground next month... 29
- Defending the Faith: Remembering the... 21
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the... 19
- What life was like for the Mormon... 15