Muslims from all over the world mark the first day of Eid al-Fitr
»28 items «
AP Photo/Arshad Butt
Muslims around the world — here are images from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Jordan, Egypt, Russia, Nigeria, Indonesia, Iraq, Kosovo, Yemen, Italy, Sri Lanka, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Kenya, Palestine, Greece, Bosnia and the United States — are celebrating Eid al-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, the Muslim calendar's ninth and holiest month during which followers are required to abstain from food and drink from dawn to dusk.
»28 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 46
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10